Test Update 09/11/13

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by JChan, Sep 10, 2013.

1. JChan Developer

The update has completed.

Update Notes:

*** Highlights ***

- The Hardcore Heritage events in Nagafen's Lair and Castle Mistmoore have been extended by one week. They now end on Monday, September 30th.
    - Giants, Giants, Giants and Dragons, Dragons, Dragons return! They will be available from September 27th, 2013 to October 28th, 2013.

*** Quests & Events ***

- The Hardcore Heritage events in Nagafen's Lair and Castle Mistmoore have been extended by one week. They now end on Monday, September 30th.
    - Giants, Giants, Giants and Dragons, Dragons, Dragons return! They will be available from September 27th, 2013 to October 28th, 2013.
    - The Avatar of Earth in Nagafen's Lair will no longer react so vehemently to being slowed.
    - Talwyn Flamecaller will be more forthcoming with information about his tests. [What tests], you ask? The kind that are involved in the Wizard epic 1.5 bypass quest.
    - The drunkard in Greater Faydark is less self-centered and will no longer talk about himself if you agree to seek out the Nybright sisters.
    - Anson McBale in Highpass will again spawn Stanos if you need to see him.
    - Researcher Stripcog in Mechanotus will again let you progress through her dialogues.

*** Collections ***

- Hardcore Heritage: The vampires in Castle Mistmoore have become more fashionable. They are now more likely to drop items for the Timeless Fashion collection set.
    - Hardcore Heritage: Collection items will no longer hide inside the pianos of Castle Mistmoore.

*** Miscellaneous ***

- Fixed an issue with the Welcome Screen loading up the wrong data and potentially causing client lags.
    - Addressed an issue where zones were trying to use improper port numbers and potentially blocking people from entering these zones.

*** Previously Updated ***

- The Collection item, Bad Kobold Poem, now spawns as intended in Nagafen's Lair for the Hardcore Heritage event.
    - Reduced the lockout timer on the Hardcore Heritage raid for Lord Nagafen to 2.5 days.

- The EverQuest Team
  2. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Gets excited!
  3. Rainbowdash Augur

*Gets excited because Yinla is excited and also because there's a patch!*

*sigh* why is it patch days are so often like waiting to open a present as a kid during X-mas? lol
  4. jeskola pheerie

Rbd being excited ALWAYS gets me excited.

That being said, hoping we get hardcore heritage back for a couple weeks, or some cool lead-in quest for Call of the Forsaken.
  5. Neodraykl Elder

6. Vaft_Gnome Lorekeeper

THE WORLD ENDED !!!!
  7. Stickietoes Augur

that's it?.... thumb's up on the HH extension
  8. Robnie Augur

The Avatar of Earth in Nagafen's Lair will no longer react so vehemently to being slowed.

But....why?
  9. Sebbina Augur

Would that be two weeks, schedule was for HH to end 9/16/13?
  10. Kelefane Augur

- Fixed an issue with the Welcome Screen loading up the wrong data and potentially causing client lags.

This had better been tested inside and out before you push it live. It not only causes client crashes, but also crippling lag. Its become a grief tool to be honest.
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  11. Rainbowdash Augur

So far this part of the patch appears to be working just fine. :)

Stopped turning off the welcome screen and let it load up, I no longer am experiencing the crippling lag for the first couple minutes I'm in-game, or the periodic lag as long as I'm on, that I used to get. My cursor also no longer periodically goes to "busy cursor mode". Unsure on any related crashes but so far it's working great.

Also:

I think you meant "Aspect of Earth" from the Naggy raid? Just clarifying ;p

Yay for Solb/MM being back on Test awhile longer! Were worried we got shafted on the raid due to the early Test release/removal and the crash bug haha
  12. Falos Augur

It should be an optional window to gold members.. failure to make it optional is one of the most embarassing fails a company can make.. ok that's a slight exaggeration but it is a "feature" I'd feel very very very embarassed to have on a product i was responsible for, i mean seriously how is it not optional.

The year is 2013, almost 2014, we survived the end of the world and no one uses AOL 2.0 anymore Lets make this optional - chop chop.
  13. Toquillaw Augur

Two days ago I loaded 10 accounts at the same time. Each was the first load of the day so I got the (old) welcome screens. Lag was terrible. I immediately camped out on all 10 accounts, and tried to go back to server select. All 10 accounts failed and crashed to desktop. The second time I tried this the welcome screen did not appear (as expected), and dropping to character select (and coming back in to the game) worked fine.

Tried the same thing today, and the first thing was that the lag was gone from the welcome screen as far as I could tell, but the screen wasn't showing normal data. Instead it showed the static placeholder page. Then I immediately dropped out of the game and tried to get back to server select. All 10 accounts did that just fine.

It is much better than before, but until I can try this with a working welcome screen all that can be said is the placeholder page is working.
  14. Stephen51 Augur

Are SolB and MM being extended on live servers too? If so do they lapse on the 16th and then go live again after the patch? Or were they re-scheduled to end on the 23rd anyways and this is a further extension til the 30th? Still need a cloak and a bunch of rings here is all.
  15. Koveras Elder

I'm also hoping this also includes making the Vampires in Castle Mistmoore affected by Slay Undead and Turn Undead plus other spells that affect undead respectfully, I've noticed that only the Vampire Nameds are listed as undead and not the vampire trash mobs within the hardcore version of this zone and hoping for the update to make it happen as well.
  16. porky Augur

Can you also add the fix for Enchanter:Gracious Gift of Mana to this? It was broken in the last patch. Thanks.
  17. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Going by what I'm hearing now they are going to be inactive for a week till the patch on Live since they apparently just poofed and respawned as old MM and SolB.
  18. Rainbowdash Augur

MM/Solb just reverted...again....5 seconds ago. Back to the original low level state.