Test Update 08/13/13

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by JChan, Aug 13, 2013.

1. Leerah Augur

Noooo, don't take our aug sealant pools! They make nice TVs and mirrors in our guild hall decorations.
  2. gcubed Augur

They were before, now they can change the sort order of their crash to desktop.
  3. Nenton Augur

How is this true? Are multiple level range versions of the AA somehow proc'ing from the single AA line or did the level range get fiddled with regarding which level spells can trigger GoM and which level spells can consume the charge or what?
  4. Rainbowdash Augur

Most likely it works like:

"Have a rank? Then you're now flagged to proc that and all previous ranks. Have rank 1? Only proc rank 1. Have rank 4? You can now proc 1, 2, 3, and 4."
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

What level range is Naggys lair and Mistmoor aimed at?
  6. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Using Lucy makes baby jesus cry.

[21661] Glyph of the Cataclysm
    Target: Self
    Beneficial: Blockable
    Casting: 0s
    Duration: 2m (20 ticks), Extendable: No, Dispelable: Yes
    1: SPA 330 Base1=60 Base2=0 Max=0 Calc=100 --- Increase Critical 1H Blunt Damage by 60% of Base Damage
    2: SPA 330 Base1=60 Base2=1 Max=0 Calc=100 --- Increase Critical 1H Slash Damage by 60% of Base Damage
    3: SPA 330 Base1=60 Base2=2 Max=0 Calc=100 --- Increase Critical 2H Blunt Damage by 60% of Base Damage
    4: SPA 330 Base1=60 Base2=3 Max=0 Calc=100 --- Increase Critical 2H Slash Damage by 60% of Base Damage
    5: SPA 330 Base1=60 Base2=28 Max=0 Calc=100 --- Increase Critical Hand to Hand Damage by 60% of Base Damage
    6: SPA 330 Base1=60 Base2=36 Max=0 Calc=100 --- Increase Critical 1H Pierce Damage by 60% of Base Damage
    7: SPA 294 Base1=0 Base2=160 Max=0 Calc=100 --- Increase Critical Nuke Damage by 160% of Base Damage
    8: SPA 375 Base1=60 Base2=0 Max=0 Calc=100 --- Increase Critical DoT Damage by 60% of Base Damage
    10: SPA 330 Base1=60 Base2=77 Max=0 Calc=100 --- Increase Critical 2H Pierce Damage by 60% of Base Damage
    12: SPA 330 Base1=60 Base2=77 Max=0 Calc=100 --- Increase Critical 2H Pierce Damage by 60% of Base Damage
  7. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

Every bit of level 100. Trash atm hits for 12-14k and bosses hit like a fleet of MAC Trucks. For 2200 HME T2 Loot, which is about on par with previous Heritage zones in relation to current expansions
  8. Tanulie Journeyman

Randall of the Fellows in PoK has stopped giving out Fellowship Registration Insignia's.
    He is giving the same text response to a "How" query that he gives for the "What". Previously, saying "How" would give a reply that went something like "The first step in using a campsite ..." and you would receive a Fellowship Registration Insignia.

Tested with both the new Clickable Text and with typed replies.
    Tested with characters who did not yet have an Insignia, that previosly did but do not currently, and characters that currently have one.

[Thu Aug 15 10:24:13 2013] You say, 'Hail, Randall of the Fellows'
    [Thu Aug 15 10:24:13 2013] Randall of the Fellows says 'Greetings, adventurer! Are you interested in how to [[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[
    [Thu Aug 15 10:24:15 2013] You say, 'what'
    [Thu Aug 15 10:24:15 2013] Randall of the Fellows says 'A fellowship is simply a gathering of friends who enjoy each others' company. A fellowship campsite is a method of gathering your friends together, enabling you to prepare for your upcoming battles in a hasty manner. Some campsites will provide additional benefits to the members of your fellowship who are near the campsite, oftentimes granting them wonderful effects!'
    [Thu Aug 15 10:24:18 2013] You say, 'how'
    [Thu Aug 15 10:24:18 2013] Randall of the Fellows says 'A fellowship is simply a gathering of friends who enjoy each others' company. A fellowship campsite is a method of gathering your friends together, enabling you to prepare for your upcoming battles in a hasty manner. Some campsites will provide additional benefits to the members of your fellowship who are near the campsite, oftentimes granting them wonderful effects!'
  9. Gannen Elder

or you'd ask for the ability to track 2 NPC's at once...
  10. gcubed Augur

I don't know if you have ever experienced the wonderfulness of tracking, but unless they do something radical, tracking two targets at once would pretty much be the same and not being able to track at all. Essentially, when you track it spams a window with things like, "a scalded rat is behind you". Being treated with, "a scalded rat is behind you" immediately followed by, "a skeleton is to your right" over and over would just make your eyes bleed.

My request stands. In compensation for handing out sort options for tracking, I want SOE to fix tracking.
  11. jeskola pheerie

The only problem with this theory is that the update seems to have only added hyperlinks where the NPC text already had [brackets] around their text. Those quests were already pretty easy to find, and the assumption is that the old undiscovered quests are triggered by handing in an item, or by text that is either unbracketed or not within the NPC's dialogue.
  12. Ishtass Augur

There was also this line:
  13. Rainbowdash Augur

I went back and checked, old quests do indeed have the hyperlinks now. However hyperlinking replies only does you any good for replies that are embedded within one of the npc's messages to begin with. An example is the Ghost of Throltem NPC's in PoShadow. I have yet to discover what they are there for and, near as I can tell, no one else has either. There's a few things I know that they reply to but hailing them after the patch results in no hyperlinked replies. Because non of the things they reply to are referenced in any of their dialogue to begin with. You have to discover what to say on your own. Most Classic quests were triggered this way and thus most will not suddenly have a hyperlink reply to allow us to discover the quest. Gherig did some testing though and supposedly ran into a couple.

However, while we're on this topic. There is a couple more bugs.

There seems to be an issue with hyperlinked replies where manually typing, or hyperlinking, two different bracketed replies results in the npc giving the same response when it shouldn't. Or, in some instances, the npc will give no response at all. The issue Tanulie described above with the fellowship insignia is one example of this.

Also, any npc that gave off any kind of 'spell effect' upon their death (examples would be the electricity and thrown cogs given off by a dying clockwork, or the 'dust'/smoke kicked up by a dying spider or goblin etc etc) that spell effect will repeat itself indefinitely around an npc corpse after it dies. and will only stop if you hide the corpse or it decays. Couple screenshots of examples:

[IMG]

[IMG]
  14. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

Actually there are two I have already found that did not have bracketed text prior to the addition of Hyperlinks in Qeynos so far. I am certain others will find more.
  15. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

This would be cruel, can you imagine someone with OCD trying to track two NPC ... "OMG ... there are two ... which one do I folllow !?!"
  16. Leerah Augur

How about Tracking, sort by distance AND alpha at the same time? Or does it already show the closest NPC on the top of the list when sorting alpha?
  17. Ishtass Augur

Monks could use track (hehe)
  18. Sebbina Augur

And I just leveled up a ranger ,is it possible to get a class change to druid?
  19. Vaft_Gnome Lorekeeper

Legions of Blackburrow just beat the naggy raid.
    it crashed right afterwards while we were killing the elementals.
    3rd crash boo
  20. Soleran Journeyman

While running MPG trials Destruction there was no script to end it for a completion or failure it just kept running. This has happened twice, it does allow you to enter the instance without waiting 2 hours between instances however you cannot complete.