Test Update 08/12/2014 - Pet Changes Round 4

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by Aristo, Aug 12, 2014.

1. Yimin Augur

And now it is a whole new story ?

First of let me tell you I play Mag Nec and Bst , indeed Mag has the best pet hands down , but the Mag does not have Root Snare Slow or Heal Over time like Nec and Bst or any form of real crowd control like a Nec , we rely on or pet being very powerful , and our pet is not very powerful like be for , you maybe happy with being reduced to doing 90 percent of what you could but I am not ..

Sanateh lvl 100 Bst

Merccy lvl 100 Necro

Yimin lvl 100 Mag

Yimin
  2. strongbus Augur

Ya when i was doing those test I was using my old lineup and the old way I played. And it was before they finish everything. After messing round after it went live I found just changing a few spells and i could do almost everything I could do before.(I only had one pet support spell up before changes cause that was all I ever needed and would only cast it if pet was under bout 40%, Now I have a ward spell up and cast runes alot more often). Granted I lose some dps and hate it but can still do most of what I could do before.

As for heals sorry unless you are counting our group lifetaps. Necros don't get any hot spells for pets. we get one type of heal and a few runes. As for cc ya we get it. But if we get mobs that are run speed immune we still have to take them at the same time. Slow I will give you.
  3. Yimin Augur

then you claimed this.

What spells did you change ? Since you claimed be for you were already using Runes and fort AA ?

And as for necro heal over time it is Dark Leech , heals the whole group for 42 seconds ,also you can use summoned Heal orbs on pet , Mag does not have this extra healing power ..

Yimin
    Danille likes this.
  4. Paerza New Member

My summary of the issue:
    Tanking consists (aside from having aggro) of two aspects
    -Total damage intake versus healing input (sustainable healing)
    -Variance of damage input (spikeyness) versus total sponge capacity between heals (one-rounding)
    And each should be regarded in the following situations:
    -Short time tanking (to get the mob debuffed), i.e. deflection
    -Medium time tanking (to kill named), discing (fortify companion vs no time to bleed / etc.)
    -Sustainable tanking (xping)
    Currently, PC tanks are more avoidance tanks and pets are more damage sponge (HP and mitigation) tanks
    It's hard enough to balance HP, avoidance and mitigation to get the same damage intake already for many different mobs, but even if they both have the same damage intake, an avoidance tanks variance (spikeyness) will always be greater, add to this that the HP pool of pets is larger which means they are more likely to live through spikes.
    So one issue is spikes (especially those unlucky ones in quick succession), which is actually the high end tail of the probability distribution, now what can be done? There are many good solutions but each should be checked with statistics and the aim should be not to nerf classes but to look for improvements that increase the viability of PC tanks while promoting grouping at the same time and avoiding meddling with the atk value of all mobs. Note that the suggestions below are just some thoughts, the buffs could be at other classes too of course.
    1) Increase the softcap for AC for PC tanks (you can add an AA that increases the softcap or give some class a buff) and increase avoidance of pets accordingly, the damage intake should be the same but less spikey. An alternative can also be tuning AC and HP of PC tanks (increasing it to the ATK of the mobs, so that the damage distribution is less spikey but not trivialized, a delicate balance indeed)
    2) Increase the strength of Druid ATK debuffs to get the mobs ATK value in line with the PC tanks AC softcap and increase avoidance of pets slightly for example by giving enchanters a pet-only avoidance buff.
    3) Add buffs to enchanters that can only be cast on PCs or mercs (partial rune) like umbral auspice or shield of fate but with a much higher (at least 3 times higher) threshold, currently the threshold is way too low in combination with the absorbed percentage too high so it is removed too quickly (the issue is that it is operating in the middle of the probability distribution instead of at the tail). Make it a long recast, maybe a 15 min AA. This effectively removes the spikes and only the spikes and may be the easiest solution. Tune it so that it really is only used rarely (for those unlucky double/triple spikes that instakill you in the tail end of the probability distribution -those are not fun and fair, this moves them a bit closer to the median- and NOT in the bulk) and lasts long enough. Aimed effect should be spike reduction only while keeping total mitigation increase under 5% so that the difference between pets for damage intake rate is only marginal (you can compensate this by increasing the pet avoidance slightly in the enhanced minion cloak).
    Places a threshold rune on your target that will absorb 50 percent of incoming melee damage in excess of 35,000 damage, up to a total of 200,000 (note: this rune should not generate any aggro).
    Mana: 15340
    Casting Time: 4s
    Recast Time: 90s (to not lose a spell slot, the mana and reagent can restrict it if it's not an AA, if an AA make the recast 900 sec)
    Spell Bar Lockout: 1.5s
    Interruptable: Yes
    Dispellable: Yes
    Duration: 600s
    Skill: Abjuration
    Hate Mod: -500
    Consume Item ID: 10028 x 1
    Target: PC only (no pets)
    Hypothetical example (tune the numbers with a real example): a dual-hitting mob hits 200 times in 10 minutes (100 ticks) at a SK who has 90k hp's most times (174 times) between 20k and 35k (median hit 30k) but 26 times in 10 minutes for 50k, these high hits get mitigated to 42500, and 7.5k times 26 is 195k so the next hit that is high enough, the rune disappears. So effectively only the spikes get mitigated somewhat till around the end of the duration of the spell. The average damage intake of the PC is almost the same (3% lower*), but if two of those 50k hits were in a row they would have one-rounded him whereas now the 42500x2 = 85k < 90k, so he lived through the unlucky spikes.
    (*Total damage taken: 5220k (low hits 174 x 30k) + 1300k (spikes 26 x 50k) of which 195k was mitigated, which equates to only 3% mitigation extra from the buff, but it mitigated where it counted for the one-rounding.)
  5. Kugoruk New Member