Test Update 08/12/15

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by Hludwolf, Aug 12, 2015.

1. Sancus Augur

I'm very happy melee are getting (IMO necessary) boosts, but I'm pretty sure I recall quite a substantial nerf to my class just last patch :rolleyes:
  2. Apoc Augur

The only caster that got nerfed was mages with rains.
    Ibadan Kun'Tirel and Sancus like this.
  3. ~Mills~ Augur

I think everyone would be happy with slight boosts. This is as knee jerk as ever swinging the pendulum to far back in the opposition direction all over again. Lets wait and see the fun.
  4. Piemastaj Augur

Still waiting for other classes to get 'adjusted' like my class did....

Essentially you have now boosted every class, while nerfing 3 classes that in their respective 'roles' were not OP comparatively to anyone else.

The logic at work here is quite awesome. I am glad that my classes sustained got crippled but you just boosted others sustained.

Pretty sure your delusional if you think that these mediocre pet 'boosts' are doing anything. Pets are Bursting as high as they were in Reign of Fear, which is almost 3 years old now. They are also sustaining that high as well, so in all reality any changes your making to pet abilities are merely rectifying nerfs that were placed on pets over the years.

Just like the others, Melee got and are getting some much needed love. That is fine and should have happened long before these last 2 patches. The issue is they are not addressing anything at all for the rain nerf and not compensating Magicians anywhere. It will be nice to go back to our House of Thule days, 1 Mage per guild and wasting ADPS's time. As it stands in a high-end guild, depending on the boosts Melee get with these changes Mage's will be hard pressed to make it in the top 20.
  5. Silv Augur

And Enchanters. You forgot that one. Anyone that says otherwise... is a Wizard.
  6. Dzarn Developer

The issue where some melee DPS lines were not showing up appears to be isolated to the following classes:
    Bards - Innate Songblade
    Beastlords - Innate Fury
    Berserkers - Innate Rage
    Monks - Innate Innterflame

There was a data conflict where the 'AA Group's that these lines belonged to were conflicting with refunded lines which prevented existing characters from being able to see them although newly created characters appeared to be able to see the lines.

The current plan is to update Test with the fixed data and bounce the server (probably tomorrow) so that the AA lines will show up and function as intended for testing.
  7. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

Dzarn, while you're doing all this neat fixing of AA's and such, any chance that rogues can get back the 12 ranks of semi-useful Shield Block that we had right up until TDS beta? Blade Shield was supposed to be the answer to our problems, but you gave us the math on that, and it's about as useful as nipples on a breastplate. So can we *please* have back the line that actually did something?
  8. Elricvonclief Augur

Sounds like a great patch.

Melee have needed a boost for a long time, it is nice to see it finally being adjusted.

Thanks!
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  9. Coronay Augur

Wow these changes look awesome!
  10. xmalx Journeyman

I assume all melee include tanks too? I saw warrior but knights too I hope. Anyone able to post the %'s for each class that is in? I'm curious how much each class is getting.

If not I'll log into test later and see but can't atm.

Thanks to anyone that does.
  11. Riou EQResource

Yes, knights are too:
    Rage 82% - Songblade 66% - Fury 74% - Innerflame 66% - Holyblade 66% - Natureblade 66% - Duelist 74% - Darkblade 66% - Fellstrike 66%
    Xanathol and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  12. Ibadan Kun'Tirel Augur

Yea, was hoping to see some consideration for reverting the changes to the rains, but I guess that was just wishful thinking, guess it's safe to keep the account inactive for a while until getting bored with other things, at least.
  13. Iila Augur

Might need an acknowledgement of the rain nerf before it can get reverted.
  14. Simone Augur

I just checked with my warrior on Test server. I looks like I get a 25% increase with all forms of melee combat at level 50. That seems like a lot of increase. With the buffs of raid bosses being reduced and magician and necromancer pets getting adjusted I'm not sure melee classes on these servers needed the boost at this time.
  15. Qulas Augur

Berserkers get 82%
    Rogues get 74%
    Beastlords get 74%
    Monks and Rangers get 66%, the same as bards and tanks?
    Fallfyres likes this.
  16. Rainbowdash Augur

Mons Letalis.
  17. Riou EQResource

Don't bother if you're not an SK or Necro, you can't do it. Also grats SK on their new raid role (Ramp Tank), freeing up Paladin to do more of their special utility :D

[IMG]
  18. Riou EQResource

Yea, seemed weird to me :p - Guess they are considered more tanky so get penalized.
  19. Iila Augur

#dzarn2015
  20. Iila Augur

I'm guessing it's the little pre-quest with the book, plus the DA hammer?