Test Update 08/10/2021 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Aug 10, 2021.

1. Dre. Altoholic

I think it's more rare for cheaters to use it than the situations I describe. But you're certainly welcome to your opinion, malicious as it clearly is.
  2. Jackson New Member

it's the main way cheaters pull. that's not a rare occasion.

are you not familiar with far taunt or do you use these cheats and don't want them fixed. I'm truly curious if you don't understand how prevalent far taunting is with cheaters. you make it sound like it doesn't really happen. it's their go to move that prevents them from getting multiple monsters while they atm kill camps.
  3. Dre. Altoholic

I think people who cheat are fewer than people who don't. I don't believe in punishing the latter because of the acts of the former.

I'm also done with your strawmanning.
  4. Waring_McMarrin Augur

You should also accept that it is unlikely to be changed at this point in time and will be going to live just like it is on test currently.
  5. Dre. Altoholic

We've all suffered some horrible nerfs over the years. I'm not under any impression that the devs are particularly sensitive to player feedback on these issues. But, one can be hopeful, right?
    Velisaris_MS likes this.
  6. Waring_McMarrin Augur

And we should all be realistic about the fact that if something hits a test patch it will be patched to live, sure it might change later but the chances of it not hitting live at this point are pretty much zero.
  7. Svann2 The Magnificent

I had no idea warriors could single pull.
    Well kept secret, or just something they hardly ever do?
    I mean hell, Ive see warriors pull 2 groups just because their burns were up.
    Yinla likes this.
  8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

The LoS taunt will be as issue and things will need to be fixed if that is the intention of this change.

TBM missions with mobs behind locked doors
    Near the top of Gnome Mountain there is a spot that you cannot see the mob regardless of where you stand taunt is used to move it slightly
    Many places where NPCs spawn slightly in the geometry

The devs have yet to confirm if this is intended or not with their taunt change.
  9. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

How is it even possible phinny lived so long 30+ minutes!

Andarriel
    Coagagin and Svann2 like this.
  10. Jared stanson New Member

You can just send a low level pet on all of those things to get them out. Sending a pet actually works better because it reaches further. Why do people really think this is the end of the world for taunt because they can't taunt a mob behind a locked door or 1 mob hidden on top of a mountain? There aren't as many use cases as people are trying to convince others of.

You guys really want them to undo a test change because of these examples? These are the examples you give? These are the absolute best examples you could come up? Ouch...
  11. daBlubb Elder

Its just a good feature we loose.
    While doing old hunters we had one PH in buried sea stuck under the world. i used /tar mobname and was running around spaming taunt till it finaly showed up and was killable.
    Loosing this ability isnt the end of the world, but still sucks.
  12. Sheaffer Augur

What in the heck is far taunt? When i try to taunt a mob that is still in melee range i get messages that the mob is to far to taunt. How far is far taunt? When I am looking at a mob and still able to strike the mob but unable to taunt the mob it tells me that taunt is supposed to be a close range ability. There are several other abilities that dont work at max melee range like Gut punch. Far taunt sounds like an exploit. Can someone please explain what it is?
  13. Mossaa Augur

You can move the swarm to a new target. So guess it would be possible to make it so you can pull them back. They do not just mindlessly swarm
  14. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Of course it is possible for them to add a command to have them stop attacking, the question is if that is something they want to add. When they got added to the game they just attacked your initial target and anything else that attacked you after the first target died.
    kizant likes this.
  15. kizant Augur

And that's a newer feature which made sense. It wasn't fair that you don't get the most out of your swarm pets. Especially for mages where they actually do a lot of damage. If you don't want to call it mindless then think of it as single purpose. They just attack until they die and have just the bare minimum of control. Being able to dismiss them if you have to also makes sense because they can cause problems in certain situations so it's partly a workaround for players being bad.
  16. Angahran Augur

I don't suppose any of the recent messed up filter messages got fixed but accidentally missed from the patch notes ?
  17. Fenthen aka Rath

*thumbs down emoji*
  18. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

It is an exploit that is done using third party software that injects into the EQ client. I don't know the specifics of how it works beyond that.

I will say that if this change doesn't fix that exploit then it was probably a bad change. I only learned of the single-pull taunt trick in recent times, and have used it a few times on Thornblade. It's a nice bit of utility for tanks IMO. If it has to go to block the exploit then I'm fine with it, but otherwise it's harmless to leave in.
  19. menown Augur

Swarm Pets are basically just a visual DoT. Are you saying it also isn't fair that DoT classes don't get the most out of their DoTs, especially that they do a lot of damage as well? =p
  20. Dre. Altoholic

That won't work for 3/4 classes with a taunt button that don't have pets.
    Yinla likes this.