Test Update 08/09/2022 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Aug 8, 2022.

1. CrazyLarth Augur

I hope it does not include the robot its should be treated like a normal zone
    Skuz and Wdor like this.
  2. Metanis Bad Company

20 slot extended target window is going to suck for healers. You only have so much screen real estate to work with and as a healer I want my eyes to be able to focus on a relatively small section of my screen. Unless I put this new xtar window on either the left or right-hand borders it will stick up like a sore thumb. But if it's on a border then I'll have to rearrange my UI so that my group health window and my important chat windows are also nearby on that border.

Or I'm going to have to find a custom UI that deals with this more elegantly than the one I use now.

Or DBG could allow a wide version or a version with extra small fonts or something.

I hate UI changes.
    Hegsheoshed likes this.
  3. Razorfall Augur

I thought nearly all the missions didn't have respawns until recently. Maybe they did something that changed it recently?

You can always drop and get the mission again (until they start adding 1 hour request timers like they did in the Blackburrow anniversary mission).

In any case, I'm curious to how many "totally not afk it's just me playing the game with with my mind while I sleep" type groups were in these instances.
    Wdor likes this.
  4. Waring_McMarrin Augur

You don't have to use all 20 slots and you can resize it to be a better size and only show some of them.
    minimind, Fenthen and klanderso like this.
  5. Duder Augur

Just shrink it back down to 13 in the default like you have always been able to do?
    klanderso likes this.
  6. Metanis Bad Company

I'm a raid cleric. You know I'm gonna feel OBLIGATED to fill that sucker up with people to heal.
    Hobitses, Tucoh, Bullseyye and 4 others like this.
  7. Rogean Lorekeeper

Thanks! :) This helps a lot with plat raid trades.
    Meeko and klanderso like this.
  8. Duder Augur

If it helps any, sparxxui has a little more condensed window that feels *sharper* to me, hard to describe exactly what I mean. Also the player and party window are phenomenal. A must have for me on my priests, all the while my melee and hybrid use plain ole default.

Edit - If sparxxui doesn’t have an update out yet it will be by the weekend. The curator has a dedicated discord as well for any help needed.
    Metanis likes this.
  9. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

- Removed respawn of NPCs from many mission and raid zones.

Does this include vxed where people have to kill in there for random drops?

Does this include demiplane of blood where technically without respawn you could run into not being able to finish Zi Thule?

Aren't there some missions that the named are not up when you get the mission so have to kill the phs for respawn for the named (not the sewers one that someone mentioned earlier from gates, those pop the ph or named after kills, so this won't change that)?
    Wdor likes this.
  10. Israfel Elder

“The Darkened Sea expansion bundles will be available from August 17 through August 30.“

Is this like the HOT bundle that’s been up for ages? Do we know what it will include? I missed that expansion and was always sad that I didn’t have The Wayward Lady House and The Parrot Whistle.
  11. Darkrok42 Apprentice

This can't go live until Aradune's GM's chill out. Right now people are getting reported and catching suspensions and bans with no explanation beyond 'you're cheating' - many times completely in error. Doesn't matter to the GM's of course - they're right, all players are cheating, etc. The entire tenor of discussion on Aradune right now is a very small vocal minority gleefully reporting everyone now that the GM's are 'listening to them' and the rest of the server disgusted with the GM's and dragging them in general chat.

In this environment people that are not nor have ever 'cheated' (whatever that means - the GM's said they would have to check in a meeting if having your second toon on autofollow while using /melody is cheating at their next meeting) are afraid to play in non-instanced zones. It's just a fact and it's a situation of DBG's own creation. I'll probably just stop playing outside of raids if this change goes live, at least until the GM's on Aradune chill out. It's not worth risking someone getting mad that I'm in their camp spot and reporting me for cheating to GM's that ban first and ask questions later.

To be clear - I don't cheat, I run 1 toon most the time and a 2nd toon sometimes on a 2nd computer. I don't use 3rd party software that changes game operation. But in the current environment on Aradune I don't honestly believe any of that matters. If I run into one of the report-happy people in an OW zone I'm convinced I'm going to catch a ban because I know several other people that are not cheating and have caught them before. You can't remove instances as an xp option while the majority of your player-base on Aradune don't trust the GM's, don't trust each other (because we don't know who has been reporting everyone), and it's not worth playing just to catch repeated suspensions like several people I know.
  12. Angahran Augur

Are they serious ? That's insane!

/autofollow - is part of the game,
    /melody - is part of the game.
    You are obviously at the keyboard if you are moving.

Of course it's not cheating.

What's next ? Using a merc is cheating ?
  13. Svann2 The Magnificent

Naive is not a word. Look it up!
  14. Darkrok42 Apprentice

Actual quote from a GM in response to a question from a guild bard they suspended without more explanation than '3rd party software'. He was running none so he asked about /melody and /follow and was given that quote in response.
  15. GrandOpener Elder

Your third sentence is a weird thing to say when you literally just gave an example of how to be moving when not at the keyboard.

First let me clear that I personally think having an autofollow bard box is and should be perfectly legitimate.

But "is part of the game" is a silly defense. They have explicitly said that going afk around aggro mobs so that your pet or merc will kill them is definitely against the rules (despite all of that being "part of the game"). Banning afk autofollow bards--i.e. having a character participate in and benefit from combat while no human is attending that game client--is actually pretty consistent with the rules-as-written, but it's also an overzealous interpretation that is probably harmful to the game overall.

We could definitely use some direct-from-Daybreak-employee guidance on this to get everyone on the same page.
    Tucoh likes this.
  16. Darkrok42 Apprentice

And that's been the problem on Aradune. Not only has their been a lack of guidance but people have been afk-checked during break-phases for guilds on raids. Like literally, raid leader says 'take 5 everyone', everyone leaves, GM afk-checks someone. No one suspended in our guild on that yet but another guild actually did have someone catch a suspension for that. So now in order to raid you have to log out any time your guild takes a break? No going to the bathroom? It's getting kind of silly on Aradune and until they tone that down you can't also force everyone into OW zones where they'll invariably get reported without cause from some of the more scummy denizens of the server and unless they do *everything* right will catch a suspension. :(
  17. Shillingworth Augur

That's more a problem with their default UI layout for the ext target window. It's wild how huge those bars and their surrounding area is. Feel free to give mine a try, D3PDA. 24 pixels tall for each ext target entry, so 20 entries would be 480 pixels. Extracting just the ext target window though would take some doing since each group of gauges is it's own file and all of it links up via some equi.xml magic.
    Metanis likes this.
  18. GrandOpener Elder

As nonsensical as that raid-break situation is, it is literally what the rules say. The policy on unattended gameplay says:

"If you need to be away from your PC for longer than a few seconds please move your character to an empty corner of the zone or log out completely."

We can debate about what "empty corner" really means, but as written, it does honestly sound like a 5 minute raid break is technically against the rules.

I'm changing my position. We don't need clarification; we need a new rule/help article that describes the actual policy they want.
    Ravanta Suffer likes this.
  19. Drencrom Beimeith's Supervisor

This would mean a raid break following a wipe would also be against the rules, even in the event you are not capable of fighting due to resurrection effects and no mana or buffs. Now we're crossing into "ridiculous" territory. I personally don't even think afk pet killing should matter. Just 3rd party software.
  20. Leifen Augur

I just wish they'd fix call of the heroes rk3. It still doesn't work on test.