Test Update 08/08/2017 - Patch Notes and Discussion

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Aug 7, 2017.

1. Evil.Iguana Elder

Thank you Prathun for the very detailed reply. Seems like I don't need to worry about aggro being a big issue again. I am a bit confused about the purpose of that particular change though now.
    Fanra likes this.
  2. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Prathun, thank you for this explanation. I've copied the post into my wiki for future reference.
  3. Prathun Developer

No prob. Glad this info will live somewhere handy for future reference!
    Which particular change was confusing?
  4. Brohg Augur

I think it was the part where an inconsistency is eliminated? That's an uncommon development tactic!
    Prathun likes this.
  5. Xanathol Augur

I've given up on the 'dot revamp' ever being 'completed', but you mean no one could spare the 5 minutes to remove Marl Kastane's despawn lines in his script? Or make a simple DB change to decrease his spawn time from the insane 36 hour mark it is now? /sigh
  6. Evil.Iguana Elder

Well the change to mem-blur seem like an obvious attempt to deal with abuse on open world targets. The change to pet tanking behavior doesn't seem to address any issue that I am aware of. It won't have any impact on me at all though so it's just a matter of curiosity.