Test Update 07/20/15

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by Hludwolf, Jul 20, 2015.

1. ~Mills~ Augur

So in essence its even more of a boost to sustained as you not only gain 100% to passive nuke over crit in replacement of the 100% lost from previous non stacking but activated buffs. But also now tack on another 24 or 31% from SCFM or FoM depending on your class.

Can I have my activated short term over crit reduced, some of it from outside adps from support classes, and have it granted back passively to my AA lines instead as well?

I have to hope the devs really come to their senses on this one before its to late.
  2. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Mages & every other class gain 131 passive, but mages were just nerfed so the net change isn't so much really.

The other nuker, enchanters, have other jobs on raids so the benefit is marginal at best.

All the other classes affected (Necros, Clerics, Rangers? etc.) don't really nuke as much for it to really be a huge difference.

Wizards already had the 100 passive (from familiar) so the net change to Wizards is only +24 which isn't that much really. They also had a rain nerf.

Druids already had the 100 (From 100% uptime on wolf) so the net change to Druids is only 31%. They also had a rain nerf.
  3. Iila Augur

Druids have full uptime on wolf for themselves, so I go from always having a +200% mod to always having 100% + 100% mods.

That clearly warrants killing the usefulness of my rain spell.
    Ferry-Tunare likes this.
  4. Beimeith Lord of the Game

So you gained a passive 31 then. I'll update my post
  5. ~Mills~ Augur

And what do you now use instead of that familiar?
    Will 24% more over crit boost your sustained?
    Could you already hit 400K burst on test,with support just from the over crit stacking changes giving you more over crit during your peak as well was the proc changes, prior to these additional over crit changes in round 2 of the "fix"?

EDIT: claim to be forthcoming but its quiet time as even you know these changes are off base.
  6. Zalamyr Augur

Er, so the missing 100% is being added passively to every class that has spell casting fury? That seems....insane. Am I understanding that right?

I get that in raids, where you pretty much had crit damage mods running at all times thanks to other classes, this doesn't change that much (other than the ability to stack mods for melee soul crushing short burns). But raids aren't the only thing in the game. Casters just gained perma crit damage mods in all situations, not just a fully supported raid group. Rangers and beastlords even benefit here a decent bit and enchanters likely stand to gain a ton. So as best I can tell, (apart from mages who got nerfed at the same time), any class that casts nukes just got better, and the already terrible melees stay the same? I mean, I don't even play any of the yellow mana dpsers, but this is getting painful to watch.

Edit: And don't get me wrong, I think the changes are really good from a mechanics standpoint. I just don't think you can make these changes while ignoring balance implications.
  7. Savil Lorekeeper

"they also had a rain nerf"... cause the wizards were using their rains so often .... While you can say all rains were nerfed you need to actually be *honest* and say the only class it really impacts is mage.

Savil
    Sancus likes this.
  8. Derd Augur

I am most inclined to think this has little to do with how it affects current parse's and I'm the top dps, and more to do with the future spells aa lines and item stat's/mod's. That I believe they are designing for the next campaign. But then again I play a bard and when I see people complain they might drop 50 k dps.. I cry a little inside :)
  9. Iila Augur

If it wasn't for the rain nerf, this would be the best patch.

Everything about this patch makes sense, and is cool, and good.

Except the rain nerf. For some reason they want to wreck mages, and also ruin my current nuke weave.

40% cap on rain crit rate completely ruins the whole spell type. Why is it happening? No one knows!
    Mintalie, Sancus and Piemastaj like this.
  10. Piemastaj Augur

So with the added changes we are losing more DMG percent every time we add in a higher Crit DMG mod. They were smart enough to not touch the min DMG mod so the same 19.1k and 19.9k min hits we see on rains never go away. But, we are now seeing with just Vapor Core and Wolf Magic rains hitting a little over 127k DMG and Fire a little over 122k DMG. With that same min mod of 19.9k and 19.1k.

So, with Wolf and Vapor Core (both Crit DMG mods) we would be seeing 12.7mil DMG per 100 spell lands. With the new 60/40 change we see the DMG go to 6,277,720 per 100 spell lands. Then you divide and get roughly a 51% DMG loss.

So, probably on a burn event we are losing 60-65% DMG (more then likely more) at max crit chance with max crit DMG.
    Mintalie, Iila and Sancus like this.
  11. Jiggs Elder

Far as I can tell, the reason why they are doing this change is to fix the numerous stacking issues in SPA data that should have been addressed many years ago. This should allow more flexibility in designing things in the future. That would be a good thing.

They should do the same for many hybrid and melee stuff so they too have more flexibility in future design. I am hoping they do.

As for the rain changes (or nerfs as many have indicated) I do not know the reason(s) why. Hopefully, they will adjust certain spell lines for affected classes so they operate as close as possible as they have they last few years.
  12. Zalamyr Augur

I'm trying to wrap my brain around why stacking them all at once isn't just as good as staggering them atm, which I thought was part of this idea. If the ability also has increased crit chance and you're already capped on crit, then there's some waste there. Outside of that, I'm struggling to understand why you wouldn't just stack as many as you could.

The percentage gain relative to baseline goes down as you increase the crit mod, but the raw damage added by each ability remains constant, does it not? It's late and my brain might be approaching this concept from the completely wrong direction. I'm curious if somebody could write up some example numbers so I can feel less stupid. I feel like I'm missing something obvious.
  13. Zarakii Augur

i dont even play the class anymore but are zerks gonna be getting a 1200% boost to burst also? /snicker

sorry had to rock the boat a lil
  14. Coronae New Member

Interesting.
  15. Beimeith Lord of the Game

No one is getting a 1200% boost.
    Sancus likes this.
  16. Sancus Augur

Damn it, I was looking forward to 3mil DPS burns /sadpanda
  17. Casidia Augur

Not really, i spend at least 50% of my time on Raids with nuking.
    In cotf the number was maybe even higher.

Example...Arx 3 or whatever the Vicarum fight is. If you AE stun skellie adds, you still have time to nuke in between. No other chanter tasks (i won't count things like debuffs for this purpose, as they are usually just 1 cast or click).

Another...the purple and green golems, event 2 i think.
    What are you gonna do as Chanter there, besides some tashes and stuff.

And even on the maybe best event for us, #4 with those charmed worms...
    Charm is again only 1 cast, then you park your pet.
    Mez of the initial mob pack is 1-2 casts.
    You can stun some adds later, but see event 3.
    So we are left with runes and spellshields to support your group, which makes sense on #4.
    Cept that if i was in a super guild like yours or roi where people prolly don't need protection, i might once again have 80% of my casts turn into *drumrolls* nukes.
  18. Songsa Augur

Basically melee needed less ADPS dependance and more self dps so they gave that to casters. OK that makes sense.
  19. Schadenfreude Augur

Because Rangers (and Beastlords) hardly nuke at all eh?
  20. ~Mills~ Augur

You are not getting a 1200% boost but you can hit a 1200% over crit mod now, at least for 1 nuke. More if you get another haze proc under full over crit stack time period. I assumed -100% OC reduction on test for all of these but haven't personally tested them.

Wizard Activated:
    Glyph Cata: 60%
    Fierce Eye: 10% (Doesn't work for dots because dot over crit stacked)
    Illusions of: 150% (Still higher then dot boost despite now stacking)
    Black Wolf: 100% (Doesn't work for dots because dot over crit stacked)
    Prolonged: 75%
    2nd Spire: 150%
    Mana Charge: 50% (Doesn't work for dots because dot over crit stacked)
    Chromatic Haze: 375% (Doesn't work for dots because dot over crit stacked)

Total Activated Over crit for a wizard with CH: 970%
    Total Activated Over crit for a wizard less CH: 595%

Passive Over crit for wizard: 400%?? (or is it higher)

Total Potential for Wizard: 1370% Over crit mod (One nuke or per CH proc while under full burn)
    Total Potential for Wizard less CH: 995% Over crit mod (During peak burn every 4hrs)
    Total Potential for Wizard less CH and MC: 945% Over crit mod (every burn)

There is no way a class with 28-33K base nukes should have at any point over crit mods higher then that of dot over crit mods. Unless after 90 seconds of this burn they are completely out of mana and have residue buffs blocking them from further adps critical mods should they burn staunch, pots or whatever. They also are the only nuking class that can use focus effects that can critical boosting the benefit of this change even further. I am also sure I am probably missing some other enhancement they use.

Wizard mana costs or regen needs a revamp if this stays as is they need to go out of mana again. Or Wizard spire and PD need further over crit reductions possibly wizard passive over crit as well because of how big their base nukes damage is. Or wizard base nukes need a retune regarding damage. These changes impact more then just wizards but you have to factor in what they can do based on these stacking changes.

I also noticed you did not reply about already being able to hit 400k burst on test prior to 124% passive over crit being added to you or 24% over crit and use of another familiar instead.