Test Update 07/12/2022 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Jul 12, 2022.

1. zleski Augur

Given that it's kizant, is probably a fact. He's kind of a big deal in the damage arena. He wrote a popular DPS (&c) parser and I would expect in the course of that endeavour he made some informed observations.
    TsiawdMS likes this.
  2. Sancus Augur

Just at a basic level, Necromancers have a 21 counter activated 100% twincast buff (Heretic's Twincast) and passively have a 7% DoT/5% DD twincast rate. Beastlords have no activated twincast buff and a 0% passive DD/DoT twincast rate (meaning, largely unaffected). I was a bit surprised Necros fell into the higher bucket, but thinking about it more, it may be compensation for Flesh to Venom no longer being able to proc affected procs.

Va Xakra's Maelstrom/Frozen Blight are component nukes, but the components have 0 mana cost and therefore did not fit the focus requirements for procs. Summer's, in contrast, had component nukes with 100 mana cost. Rangers completely lost use of Casting Fire proc augs using their standard rotation because the container spell is "Average" Resist and the fire component spell cannot proc Casting Fire anymore.
    Vumad and TsiawdMS like this.
  3. Zunnoab Augur

I'm talking about Windows DPI scaling, and how people may need to disable it in eqgame.exe compatibility settings.
  4. ChiiChii Augur

I got you.
    [IMG]

CHANGED TO
    [IMG]

HOW EQ ALWAYS LOOKS WHEN I LOGIN EVERYTIME
    [IMG]

HOW I WANT MY UI TO REMAIN ALWAYS
    [IMG]
  5. Zunnoab Augur

Edit: I failed to read properly.

Can you copy the full screen settings to windowed?
  6. Lenivaya Journeyman

Trying to log in characters to test now, it loads char selection.
    I can hit log in, it never actually goes to a loading screen, then ~3-5 min later, it pops to the server select saying there's already a char logged on.
    Anyone else having these issues?
  7. ChiiChii Augur

I'm afraid I don't understand how you mean?
  8. Zunnoab Augur

Okay, now that I'm on my PC this is what I mean. My live character doesn't have the "e," but it gets the point across.

While in windowed mode, type /copylayout, then choose the UI_Name_Server.ini (full screen resolution) to copy. It does not stick when doing that?

I'm a sample size of one doing a single test after patching Test for the first time since ToV from the looks of it, but it persisted for me.

(Though login took several minutes oddly.)
    [IMG]
  9. Dre. Altoholic

Nice to see some QoL fixes in here.
  10. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

anyone else not seeing the blue loading bar when logging in ?
  11. ChiiChii Augur

Followed your instructions (on LIVE) and tested my desired UI placement on two characters via the copylayout. The placement of hotbars/windows do not stay in my desired locations.
  12. Svann2 The Magnificent

Is it possible your folder or files got flagged read only?
  13. eqgamer Augur

Love the Bixie skins and glad to hear we have ability to obtain as illusion. Looking forward to see what the Flame-Scorched Orns look like as well.
    Hobitses likes this.
  14. ChiiChii Augur

Negative. R+W
  15. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

Now gone live and it's just a sh__show.

/copylayout and the switch to fullscreen functionality is meaningless now.

every *&^%$%$ login, every *&^%$# character, no UI, windows all dumped in middle of the screen and all chat settings wiped.

excellent QA!
    ChiiChii likes this.