Test Update 07/11/17 - Patch Notes and Discussion

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Jul 11, 2017.

1. Brudal Augur

On test, I have 149 skill ups past 300 or 200 for fishing
    149 / 8 = 18 so my aug is at 58% (40 base + 18 from skill ups) or 174ac of 300
  2. Neodraykl Elder

Any chance we could get an ornamentation aug slot added to the Darkened Cone of the Mystics? All the blinking on everyone's Alts is giving me agita.
  3. GoldenFrog Augur

4. Drewie Augur

5. Abrax Apprentice

Purity augments requiring a perfected augmentation distiller to remove was always a bad ( and distasteful) idea that was finally rectified, to reverse this now is kind of despicable.

The inconvenience of camping purity augments, holding on to these things, the loss of storage space involved and not easily being switched to an upgraded piece of gear at raids is an unnecessary burden for players.

For those who player multiple characters this burden increases exponentially.
    Ishtass and Elayana like this.
  6. Drogane Journeyman

With the stacking of tradeskill items an unintended consequence may be an accelerated inflation rate. If lucrative sellable tradeskill items stack to 1000 it makes the accumulation of platinum that much easier. You may want to consider either dropping the saleability of things or adding in more plat sinks to keep plat accumulation in check.
  7. Elayana New Member

The concept of Purity on items is a nice boost to gear. That being said, it takes a bit of work to make it worth it. Not only does one have to either A) be able to make the lesser power sources or buy them to get the full increase or B) camp the harder to get ones by completing TDS progression. In order to maximize this you must then camp the Purity augs themselves. Having to do this over and over for every set of gear you get makes it yet another non stop camp fest that becomes redundant and tedious. Being able to remove all augs to switch over to new pieces of gear helps maximize the efficiency of moving THROUGH the game. Adding the need to either purchase the perfected distillers with REAL money or Loyalty tokens, which are useful in other areas (rez tokens to be specific) makes this something that those with the immediate need to change the purity aug out, forced to use real money. Which just turns this into a pay for advantage process. NOT a step in the right direction. Paying for an advantage in EQ goes against the spirit of EQ and puts it on the level of a cheap phone app game. Please reconsider this...
    Abrax likes this.
  8. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

In-game inflation is good for DBG's income. Anything that keeps the kronos flowing is good for DBG.

That, of course, includes the purity augs! I invested in 2 kronos worth in anticipation of the price hike in a couple weeks.

Please, DBG, make sure this change goes live!
  9. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

Paying for an advantage in EQ has been the OFFICIAL line ever since Kronos were invented. Nothing new today. Looking back further, paying for a second account or even just paying for a better internet connection or computer has always equated to "paying for an advantage in EQ".
  10. Elayana New Member

The difference would be the choice to purchase a 2nd computer and the choice to have a second acct, vs the force of having to pay for the removers by DB. Takes away the option and makes it a standard requirement.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Abrax like this.
  11. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

I agree that it is money-grubbing behavior, similar to drug pushers giving the first one away for free. I was disappointed to see the change. But I'm not at all surprised at DBG's behavior now, which is nothing new, as I was when EoK released with the augs being removable without paying real $ :)
    Abrax likes this.
  12. ieaien_bertox Journeyman

How is it money-grubbing behavior? Honestly with the perfected distillers being available for loyalty tokens, the only real cost to you, is your monthly subscription.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  13. Elayana New Member

I'd like to know why the sudden change.. Let DB explain the reason for it. Speculation can range all over the place. But really.. i'd love to hear their reasoning behind it.
    Abrax likes this.
  14. Abrax Apprentice

For those with multiple characters or who are upgrading armor from the previous expansion the need for distillers would quickly use up all available loyalty tokens and the inconveniences associated with carrying around and storing perfected augment distillers or replacement augments for ones that are destroyed, the time sink involved in camping replacement purity augs........the whole thing becomes a very unneeded hassle quickly.
    The alternative is to purchase the distillers from the market place which would equal $20.00 US before any applicable discounts - per character.
  15. Catty Lorekeeper

A business trying to stay afloat with a product you WANT. Further they appear to be barely staying afloat. Because the next words out of YOUR mouth will be: "Why don't they give us more content and level bumps! But not try to make money to pay for it"

The level of ignorance and idiocy in some people is grotesque. A company tries to make money. Money-grubbing. I can't even form the right words to explain the complete stupidity these forums can generate at times.
  16. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

WHY WHY WHY did you have to change the Augmentation Distillers on Purity Augs?? I'm beside myself in disappointment. 8 months those were removable and now you decide you needed that cash grab? You're not making enough on Krono for Yak and FBSS sales on Progression servers? Dumb. Really insanely dumb. Change it back.
  17. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

18. Necroc New Member

19. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

Quit assuming so much about me and focus on the topic.

I'm very happy for this change. I spent some bonus Agnarr kronos and bought a bunch of the augs in anticipation of price spike. I'm going to see if I can quintuple my in-game investment. I'm thrilled!

But it is still a money grubbing move on DBG's part :)
  20. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

I pay a monthly fee, I buy mid tier packages for all expansions and I buy plenty of Hero's Forge items that exceed my 500SC allowance per month.. That's enough. I shouldn't have to spend $20 to remove a set of augs each content release.

Moreover, purity and power sources should have been removed from Everquest YEARS ago. This is the sticking point to this change that is causing all the anger about this. This dumb gimmick from content over a decade ago has passed it's usefulness. The appropriate stats from power sources should just be built into Visables, period.

I feel like you shouldn't be the one to go around labeling what is stupidity for the rest of us. I'm a paying customer just like the majority that are posting here and I don't you speaking for me about anything, TYVM.
    Abrax likes this.