Test Update 06/24/15

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by Hludwolf, Jun 23, 2015.

1. Hludwolf Developer

June 24, 2015

*** Highlights ***

-

*** Items ***

- Girdle of the Weaponmaster - The focus effect Boon of the Seeress has been adjusted to include the number of spells that it previously focused, prior to a number of data changes to AA spells.

*** Quests & Events ***

- Aranaea the Cleaver - Fixed an issue with the use of the Arcanist's Ignitor in the Plane of War. Burn it all down!
    - Seductive Subterfuge - The task step to "Banish the skeletons, spirits, and banshees" in this Caverns of Endless Song heroic adventure now requires 9 kills instead of 10.

*** Spells ***

- Corrected an issue with the way that damage shield damage from items is calculated in order to fix a problem with the enchanter Ward line of spells failing if the enchanter had any damage shield buff on them.
    Damage shield damage from items will now only be added to your total damage shield amount if your DS damage total is greater than 0. Previously damage shield damage from items was added to your total damage shield amount based on having any buff on you with a damage shield effect, even if your total effective damage shield damage was negated as was intended with the enchanter ward line of spells.
    - Corrected an issue with player cast spells that trigger an additional spell when the first spell fades (SPA 377).
    Previously the bearer of the 'doom buff' would be used as the caster of the 'doomed spell' rather than the caster of the 'doom buff' being used as the caster of the 'doomed spell'.
    This change will allow you to see messaging about your doomed spells, apply relevant focus effects to doomed spells, and will correctly attribute any damage done by doomed spells to you.
    - When using AoE resurrection abilities, it will now properly land on corpses in hover mode.

*** NPC ***

- Original EQ bosses are now immune to memory blur effects.

*** AA ***

- Theft of Essence - Updated the Magician AA ability to include the three ranks of the level 103 summoned bane damage spell "Eradicate the Unnatural" as a possible trigger for the "Theft of Essence" pet buff.
    - Extended Fire Core - Corrected a bug that caused rank 6 of the Magician AA to extend the duration of all spells by 36 seconds rather than extending the duration of just the "Fire Core" AA spells.

*** Progression Servers ***

- The Hole, Kedge Keep, Permafrost Keep, and Nagafen's Lair will spin up new instanced versions when they are populated by enough adventurers. There is no hard limit to the number of adventurers that can be in any particular version of these zones. Raid NPCs will only spawn in the base instance of these zones.
    - The Commonlands can now support many more simultaneous adventurers before it is full.
    - The Hole, Kedge Keep, Permafrost Keep, and Nagafen's Lair will spin up new instanced versions when they are populated by enough adventurers. Raid NPCs will only spawn in the base instance of these zones.
    - Raid bosses will provide more of a challenge on progression servers. They will also spawn more frequently. The residents of the Plane of Hate and Plane of Fear will spawn more frequently.

*** Mercenaries ***

-

*** Miscellaneous ***

- /outputfile when complete will now tell you it's complete in chat. Also if you use /outputfile with an invalid option, it will output the usage message.
    - Shadowrest - Corrected an issue that could potentially result in a player becoming stuck in Shadowrest. If the location from which you entered has been cleared, you will now be sent to your original starting location rather than your bind point.

*** UI ***

- Merc AAs - Made the cost column display nothing when the max rank has been purchased.
    - Added the current count of players in your current /pickzone instance to the window.
    - When a player is in a /pickzone they will now display their instance number in /who.

- Changed -

*** Previously Updated ***

- Corrected an issue that would cause a zone to crash if a player died from a limited use doom effect.

- The EverQuest Team
    Kunon, Sheex, Saroc_Luclin and 5 others like this.
  2. Saroc_Luclin Augur

WOOHOO!!!!!!
    Brogett, Fenudir and Crystilla like this.
  3. Kearstin Elder

solteris 3, the hardest raid to beat in the entire game after this patch for level 105 characters
  4. Dzarn Developer

The Necromancer '* Ally" line of spells use SPA 373...
    Beimeith, Fenudir, Iila and 4 others like this.
  5. Forcallen Augur

Dzarn I know you hear this a lot but you're the man!!!

This doesn't impact our pet bomb AE nukes it effects our necrotizing, pernicous, mortiferous dot lines.
    PrathunEQ and Crystilla like this.
  6. Silv Augur

Whoever did this... I love you. It's nice to see this ancient, yet relevant, issue finally fixed. :D:D:D

Haze fix last patch, DS-Ward this one... just a few more issues and I'll run out of things to complain about! :eek:
    Shiea, Mintalie, Iila and 3 others like this.
  7. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Prathun answered me here: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...date-coming-july-1.224229/page-2#post-3275597

Although I still don't know how many toons triggers load balancing.

Still, all in all, is there any way we could get a constantly updated listing of which zones are "load-balancing" on regular servers and which are on progression servers?

Thank you very much for this.
    Silv likes this.
  8. Prathun Developer

It looks like Hludwolf answered it here:
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/test-update-06-10-15.223510/#post-3261075
    "I believe they have been since we put it in place (it is only specific zones). Although its much less likely that you would get as many people in a zone as is required"

To test this, I popped over to a non-Progression server and tested the load-balancing in Rathe Mountains. A new instance spawned when there were enough players in the zone.

As far as which zones are configured to load-balance, Roshen posted the list here:
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...w-instanced-zones-thread.222766/#post-3248110

I'll add the original handful of load-balanced zones, Steamfont Mountains, and the four new zones to his list to get...

North Qeynos
    Surefall Glade
    Qeynos Hills
    Nektulos Forest
    Everfrost Peaks
    Greater Faydark
    Butcherblock Mountains
    Paineel
    West Freeport
    Commonlands
    Innothule Swamp
    Toxxulia Forest
    Misty Thicket
    High Keep
    The Liberated Citadel of Runnyeye
    The Western Plains of Karana
    The Northern Plains of Karana
    The Southern Plains of Karana
    The Eastern Plains of Karana
    The Gorge of King Xorbb
    Blackburrow
    The Lair of the Splitpaw
    Kithicor Forest
    The Lavastorm Mountains
    Solusek's Eye
    Befallen
    Najena
    The Qeynos Aqueduct System
    The Feerrott
    Temple of Cazic-Thule
    The Rathe Mountains
    Lake Rathetear
    The Lesser Faydark
    Crushbone
    The Castle of Mistmoore
    The Estate of Unrest
    The City of Guk
    The Ruins of Old Guk
    Dagnor's Cauldron
    Erud's Crossing
    Freeport Sewers
    North Desert of Ro
    South Desert of Ro
    Highpass Hold
    The Ocean of Tears
    Steamfont Mountains
    Nagafen's Lair
    Kedge Keep
    Permafrost Keep
    The Ruins of Old Paineel
    Silv and Fanra like this.
  9. Polixenes Journeyman

The Test Update does not mention the repeat of Fabled and Anniversary quests. Was that slipped in by accident?

I ask because not everyone appreciates being kept out of places they want to be due to Fabled mobs.
  10. Prathun Developer

Extending the anniversary events was part of the June 17th update:
    https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/index.php?threads/game-update-notes-june-17-2015.223797/

They were rescheduled to run until July 15th. The Test server offset for these events is the standard 14 days, meaning these will end 14 days earlier than on Live. They should deactivate ON TEST server at the end of the day on July 1st.

Edit: Fixed a mistake! Thanks, Fanra. :)
  11. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

(bold and [on Test] added)

I think you made a typo.

I'm guessing it is July 15, since that is a Wednesday, and that you typed 17 by mistake here.
  12. Orbital101 Augur

The ignitor seem to be working again even so it seem to be not working as smoothly as it used to be. It was working once every 2 or 3 kills of a librarian, possibly never twice at the same spot back to back. After 18 kills Arachnae spawned and droped the quest piece. Its not time consuming and i'm OK with it that way.
  13. Prathun Developer

Good catch! It was 7/15 and not 7/17. I'll correct my other post. :)
  14. Zaknaffein Augur

Good Stuff.
  15. Sindaiann Augur

Zaknaffein, dude I aint saw you in forever! Hope all is well!