Test Update 06/13/17 - Patch Notes and Discussion

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Jun 13, 2017.

1. Poyzen Frawg Augur

There is undisputed evidence of the DPS skew from top guild and top player parses. I'm sure slacking of players is not the case.

I like the way you think!!
  2. Apricots Lorekeeper

Yep I test copied to check it out and jaw almost hit the ground. RIP zerker and RIP my accounts if it goes live like that. I won't take part in a game that allows such heavy-handed destruction of my time and effort. Does zerker need toned down? Sure. But this is total destruction.
    Quatreh likes this.
  3. Derd Augur

Didn't know this was coming right it's only been talked about since they became superpowers. But the only reason you made one was because they were overpowered you did it for the wrong reason.
    Kaenneth, Ishtass and warbeast like this.
  4. Ghubuk Augur

So fine to take advantage if they are far too overpowered, but when brought back down to earth, the company sucks?!
  5. Apricots Lorekeeper

You're attempting to make me defend a position which I do not hold. I clearly stated that zerker needed toned down. However, there is something between a 1% nerf and a 100% nerf that is far more reasonable than the iteration on test and doesn't essentially delete the class from the game.
  6. kizant Augur

You made the above post on May 27th. So, in 3 weeks you go from having zero clue to being an expert who has analyzed all this undisputed evidence? No, I don't think so.

While it is true that zerkers are far ahead of everyone else they are definitely not 3x or 4x ahead of other DPS classes when given proper ADPS. I'm a wizard who has been all for them getting a small cut but I don't see that large a gap and I raid with more than one top guild regularly. Although, I do run into a lot of people who think they're one of the best at their class but in reality they are far from it.
    Sindaiann, Reht, Sancus and 4 others like this.
  7. Poyzen Frawg Augur

I have received the answer to the post you mentioned in the form of searches, private messages, and parses from friends (Other rogues) across many servers. Although I wont boast expertise based on that data, I have at least educated myself. 17 years of playing a rogue gives me just a tad more than "ZERO" clue. Please do try not to insult people if you can mature yourself enough not to do so.
  8. dwish Augur

I think you are being a bit over dramatic. The previous 2-3 zerker nerfs over the past few months did very little to actually address the issue. In fact, the glyph stacking change hurt other melee just as much as it hurt zerkers. Currently, in a lot of cases, they are still doubling a good number of DPS classes. There hasn't been any competition for a zerker in almost a year.

It appears this latest nerf is actually going to make a meaningful difference in bringing zerkers at least closer to other DPS classes. Even if they completely reverted them to TBM levels (before the misguided disconcerting change that happened with EoK) they would still be at the top of the DPS pile, as they were extremely strong during TBM as well.

As is usually the case with nerfs, the zerkers that play their class well will still be at the top of the parse, but the average ones probably won't be able to beat everyone else now by just being a zerker.
  9. Denhbers Elder

The zerker nerf goes far beyond its specified intention. The test notes should read, "Significantly reduced zerker damage output because we don't understand the word 'moderation' when it comes to your class." Toning us down is one thing, but this is ridiculous. I sincerely hope a compromise is reached. Nerfs that go too far like this don't make the game better. Not everyone who played a zerker started playing yesterday, but a lot of old school zerkers (like me) left due to heavy-handed nerfs (and stupid additions like self-root). And P.S.: Rogues deserve some love.
    Quatreh likes this.
  10. Gidono https://everquest.allakhazam.com

Luclin raid achievement "Conqueror of The Acrylia Cavernss" is misspelled as you can see.
    Dzarn likes this.
  11. Gidono https://everquest.allakhazam.com

There is no Conqueror of Luclin achievement for completing all Luclin raid achievements.
  12. kizant Augur

Well, you did claim that you had "undisputed evidence" that I was wrong but now you're not willing to boast expertise based on that data? I don't know how those two things can go together and with all the misinformation around here I'm just trying to be as clear as possible.

If you've been playing for 17 years then you know as well as anyone that a single patch can change things drastically. So, if you've only just started raiding again then not much else really matters. Feel free to PM this evidence of yours. I'll take a look and change my post if it's convincing although once this Test update goes live it may not matter anymore.
  13. Cleaver Augur

All the non zerker playing experts in this thread.
    Sindaiann and Denhbers like this.
  14. skabe Elder

Zerkers are just the latest to get hit with the nerf bat. Considering that some in the community told devs during beta that Disconcerting was too OP and needed to be changed and were ignored ...... its no surprise to some of us that this happened.
    What pisses me off is the hours I'm going to have to spend testing disc rotations again to maximize dps and based on preliminary data old rotations are going to be back with Disconcerting becoming the disc we asked for in the first place as a "filler" for the massive gap we had in refresh timers.
    I fully expect them to stomp all over shaman before they look at SK Necro dot revamps.
  15. Onwards Apprentice

I don't feel bad at all for all the bandwagon berserkers or the guys who've been soaking up god status for months. Choosing the right class and showing up should never make you twice as good as another dps class. I hope it is devastating.
  16. Fistopower New Member

Most comments are from those who never play a zerker. For a class with no utility other than dps, this nerf is too much. Sure tone it down some, but not this much. Restore frenzied resolve which was moved to a disc and now conflicts with disconcerting. Zerkers must self inflict damage to use a number of discs or the discs themselves cause damage to the berserker not to mention that the class has limited agro reduction unlike rogues and monks. You cant even compare the utility between rogues/monks and berserker, since berserker does not have the same agro reduction abilities or the ability to move past mobs. Why are there so few berserkers left in the game? Berserkers die more often than rangers and have to simply stop dpsing to control agro. The only skill we have is dps and that is being nerfed. Six years without any changes and then we get throne a bone, only to have it yanked a way. a 50% reduction is a better alternative.
  17. Sindaiann Augur

Like any nerf, the good ones will be fine and the ones who sucked will have that gap furthered.
  18. Cleaver Augur

Did you just say stop attacking ? unacceptable I just put my 1h/shield on and tank the mob shrugs. I also have a DI bot named Kellan ;)
  19. Denhbers Elder

Some of you really need to focus on making your own class better instead of preaching and/or whining here. All that dps doesn't exactly help us tank, or solo/molo meaningful content. Our ability to move about freely in the game is amongst the lowest. Our ability to survive is probably the lowest out of any class. Each class can enjoy the game in their own way. Stop interfering with our enjoyment.

Again, I sincerely hope a compromise is reached.

Splittin and eliandra like this.
  20. Gidono https://everquest.allakhazam.com

Hunter of The Ruins of Old Paineel or The Hole is included in the Luclin MoonSlayer achievement for completing all hunter achievements. There is no Luclin hunter achievement for Old Paineel or The Hole.