Test Update 06/11/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Jun 10, 2024.

1. Sancus Augur

I agree, more needs to be included. Banner burning skews balance perceptions (e.g., from the proliferation of casters banner burning in recent years) based on relatively arbitrary decisions about what is and is not a song.

Songs on suspended pets have faded on zoning for many years, although some non-Mage burns are not classified as songs.
    We've never used banner burning on launch day (or in general), partially for this reason.
    fransisco likes this.
  2. Cicelee Augur

IMHO banner burning is a cheese tactic anyways. Have I used it in the past here and there? Unfortunately yes, even though I felt icky doing so. It also helped that it took so long for me to banner in that multiple times I would zone in and IOG and QT and such had already been casted and I missed out. Far easier to just be in the zone.
    minimind likes this.
  3. chungus Lorekeeper

They are different items and lore so it seems like they will all be sitting in your inventory ready to use if u want
  4. Ankarv Harbinger of Nightmares

Oh I misunderstood the notes, so this will prevent having several of the same type.
  5. chungus Lorekeeper

Yes I believe so, I actually got all of them on a few chars just bc I figured this would happen lol
  6. Angahran Augur

Can we get an option to automatically block all illusions from the 'form of..' spells? or even just block all illusions (maybe allow self cast only?).

And thank you for more buff slots!!
  7. Angahran Augur

Does anyone happen to know the EQTYPE numbers for the 7 new buff slots and the names for those slots?
  8. Waring_McMarrin Augur

minimind and fransisco like this.
  9. Ferledon Agnarr Loyalist

It's probably going to be another $80 pack like we had available last year. Gave a mount, bag, illusion, & 2 pets that grant some very unique buffs
  10. Axxius Augur

Thunderkiks likes this.
  11. Nennius Curmudgeon

But it does deserve an award for stretching a point until it no longer resembles it's original form. +1
  12. Ibadan Kun'Tirel Augur

While I agree with this generally, it doesn't feel great to lose something that was calculating into our dps without something to offset it, particularly at a time when casters are more stagnated.
  13. strongbus Augur

This begs the question did the dervs have this as being calculated into dps or no. If they did then yes they should do something bout it. If they didn't then don't count on anything.
    Allayna likes this.
  14. Kaliko Augur

Do you even raid or constantly group with classes actually using abilities? My song window in raids overflows into regular buffs and then regular buffs cap out easily and no it's not from shadow buffs or having 2 different type of hastes from a shaman and enchanter which I actively click off and other junk buffs people still think are worth using....... My hotbars aren't even cluttered with 20 bars of useless junk you rarely click and can add onto 2nd or 3rd pages of the same few hotbars so it sounds like you're having a personal cluster and bad windows management issue.
  15. minimind The Village Idiot

So a caster can wear all of them if they want to now?

And just to confirm, the melee ones (Ruby of Offense & Sapphire of Defense) won't get the same treatment, right?

Love this!

NICE! This will help primarily during burns. Sometimes it's the case that all the short-duration buffs (group aDPS) land and then I get smacked by multiple AE debuffs (DoTs, etc.) which then overwrite buffs due to insufficient open buff slots.

Of course that means I have to wait for all the hobbyists to update the buff windows, but I'll make do until then.

I've always wondered how little AC I got from these. =P

Winning!
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  16. eqgamer Augur

The buff slots add is great, ty for doing that. Even for we non-raiding type it is going to be very helpful. For my sk especially.
    Thunderkiks likes this.
  17. Meeko Developer(Code)

This note is for a fix to what players have presumed to be a "puller" experience bonus, most recently reported in this bug thread. The issue affected AA experience but not leveling experience due to differences in the way that they are calculated.

The issue was caused by a mod that is intended to give diminishing experience gains to players killing NPCs in zones that they are considered too high level for. This mod was being applied more than once to AA experience for some group members under specific circumstances and could result in one player getting more AA experience than the rest of their group even though they were all the same level. The fix results in group members that are the same level receiving the same amount of base AA experience.

The amount everyone now receives is what was previously given to one person. This will result in higher AA experience gain for those playing under the specific circumstances that the issue occurred.
    Dsuna, Iven, Rondor and 3 others like this.
  18. FGgn479n nf933 Journeyman

Its not at the end of its life; and they didn't say its merging, they said its updated to F2P.

I went looking for some of the old update notes when they did this..

- The Coirnav server has been merged into Vox.
    - The Miragul and Phinigel servers have merged into Vox.
    - Merged Selo onto Povar.

The wording here still makes me think they're cooking up a different fate for Thorneblade. To be honest the random loot rules are popular, having a live server version of it wouldn't be a bad thing... its what I hope they do.
  19. Pikollo Augur

While you're at it can you remove the 5 minute timer that doesn't really serve a purpose?
    Dsuna, Sprooce and Defenestrated Vase like this.
  20. Sancus Augur

The real problem for casters is whether or not they have a plan to scale caster DPS and melee DPS at a comparable rate in the coming expansion. If they continue the new, larger weapon upgrades without doing something meaningful on the caster side (assuming no level cap increase), there's going to be a divergence.
    Sprooce, Ashigaru, fransisco and 2 others like this.