Test Update 05/27/14

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by KevinMcP, May 27, 2014.

1. Sumteeng_Wongwifme New Member

" If you use station cash or tokens on test they disappear from your live account too, do you think that was an accident? I don't... "
    rofl i hope that was a joke cause if not its probably the stupidest thing ive heard someone say
    Gyurika Godofwar and Ravengloome like this.
  2. Starlanae Lorekeeper

Hello, My name is Starlanae........and I am an EQ addict.
    I have been guilty of so very many discretions in Everquest. I have spent monthly utilities mony on 3 boxes of Drakkinshard booster packs just to be one of the first to have the Shadowstone Tiara Illusion. I admit that I only did so because the idea of a woman with four arms really turns me on. I have repeated this self destructive cycle many different time in order to make my rogue look cool. I have an illusion addiction and it has cost me my marriage and children (it is cool..she didn't have 4 arms..as far as the kids...my mage can cast pets for me to care for..and they don't wet the bed so much). I have even been known to clean out the local walmart store for the bonus cards. I realize I had a real problem when walmart would be out of the bonus cards and I ended up going to 7eleven for their stock of game cards. The worst part of my addiction is that I play on test server while still buying all of the latest expansions on most of my seven accounts and keep All Access on three of said accounts.....while still playing on test server. I am so very ashamed.

Wait....I shouldn't be ashamed....I love EQ. Keep your stale doughnuts and cold coffee..I am outta here.
  3. Sheezy New Member

Loyalty rewards are damn near useless for end game characters. Just phosphites like once a year for orbs... which I could just as easily spend 30 min in solt farming for.

When was the last reward revamp? Before my kids were born.....
  4. Ravengloome Augur

Perfected Aug distillers, Tokens, I even buy glyphs with my rewards because why not. <although a loyalty revamp would be nice.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  5. Sheezy New Member

Not sure why (doubt you know why you think that either since you offered no explanation) but the idea of test server is that everything is free and there's incentive on top of that to play there (in the form of a perma xp bonus) which was how it was designed. As a casual tester (which you seem like you might be, if that) if you spent extra raid currency you had been saving up on live on your testcopy and it disappeared from your live toon, I doubt you'd be laughing about it. You'd probably be pretty upset. How's station cash any different, since you can't copy that item from test back over to live?

Anyway, you sound like a straight up window licker yourself and probably laugh at shiny rocks too, so not sure why I even bothered with a reply.
    Dunamys likes this.
  6. Starlanae Lorekeeper

Maybe I am wrong...

But I think many here liken the devs to mechanics. Say you have an ailing relative out of town. You schedule days off so you can be by their side in the final hours of their life. You have to drive there because the bus ride is too long and may not get you there in time. Driving is the cheapest thing you can afford. You see..you have this car..it is paid off and it has been very dependable for the most part for many years. Lately, however, it hasn't been running really well and you can't afford to have it leave you stranded. You have a trusted Mechanic who has always done right by you in the past and so you take it to him to be checked out. He tells you your blinker fluid is low and one of you blinkers need changed..and it shouldn't take but an afternoon to fix. So he takes your car...and you hear nothing for a whole day. You call but he will not return your call. At this point you are really worried whether or not you will be there in time to console your family member. The day you have scheduled off has come..you should be on the road...but a phone call comes from the mechanic. He tells you that he has been working really hard on your blinker fluid issue, but he has found a serious issue that is going to require more money to fix and he can give you no time frame in which to fix it. Worst part is that you handed him most of your cash for the initial repair and it is now too late to make the trip as your time has ticked away.

ailing relative=all access time remaining
    server=car
    devs=mechanics
    you=still just a customer

Result....ailing relative(gold days remaining) dies(expires) and you could not be there because the now, not so trustworthy mechanic could not get the job done in a manner that the customer has come to rely on. Meanwhile the mechanic still expects you to pay for his services (SOE pays their devs to do a job, right) In the end....serious lack of communication is still poor customer service...and to continue wanting to get paid...the company better make some serious inroads to getting the problem figured out and resolved before all faith is lost. Not giving an ETA is very poor customer service..even if it is the test server. Those of us on test do in fact consider ourselves Volunteers of a sort. We love our game...get our server back up. We pay our way in one fashion or another. The least you can do is give an ETA and crack the whip to make the deadline, or hey...maybe communicate with us that you are even working on it....I bet you all threw you hands up last night and said...heck with this..lets go to hooters!
    Post isn't meant to offend..Just asking for some common decency and respect mixed with the slightest bit of customer care...Communication...and put down the five dollar foot long and get some work done, lol.

By the way..I do have mental problems and this is the kind of rant-e stuff I can't help but do when I am having EQ withdrawals. My therapist said to fix the darn server already. (hehe)

(I miss Piestro)
    Obiziana and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  7. Bowify New Member

Mr. Brasse just tweeted me a few minutes ago with this - "Believe me, if we had more information, we'd share it. All we can say is that it's being heartily investigated & heavily worked on. :(" doesn't help too much but it's SOMETHING.
  8. Starlanae Lorekeeper

Hey Bow...why don't you drive down to Pueblo. I have beer man....:)

Not like we have anything else to do.
    Obiziana and Bowify like this.
  9. sojuu Augur

Dont do it! Its a trap hes there waiting with a wig and 2 prostetic arms to make you have four arms!

(read previous posts in ths thread for the reference)
  10. Ravengloome Augur

Thats a horrible analogy

Raid currency is in game currency

Kronos and SC are company wide and managed by an entirely different system.
  11. Starlanae Lorekeeper

Doh..I have been outed. I would have gotten away with it, too, if it weren't for that blasted monk.
    Obiziana, Gyurika Godofwar and Bowify like this.
  12. Sumteeng_Wongwifme New Member

first off comparing raid currency and SC doesnt hold water.. SC / Kronos are account based.. raid currency is char based. what your sayin is your upset and suprised a consumable item that account based like a krono is, when used on test and vanishs from live? what would stop ppl from buy 1 krono testcopying it a couple hundred times, and having the copies tied to your account..basically payin $18 for unlimited kronos. thats a fantastic idea to make money , SOE should get right on that.
  13. Sumteeng_Wongwifme New Member

now whos the window licker?
  14. Starlanae Lorekeeper

I like windows ............ and pie.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  15. Bowify New Member

This is what happens when they take the bananas away from the monkeys!
  16. Tobynn Augur

Just cuz she often wears a beard doesn't make her a him.
    Obiziana and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  17. Inertia New Member

18. Bowify New Member

Well, it's back up FOR NOW. As much as i don't want it to be true i'm gonna assume that we'll have the same thing happen as the last 2 nights, where it's up for an hour so and then BOOM, dead for a day.
  19. Quatr Augur

Oh, come on! What could possibly go wrong?! :)
  20. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

Nevermind