Test Update 05/27/14

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by KevinMcP, May 27, 2014.

1. KevinMcP Developer

Today. To sync up with the latest changes on Live.
    Wiji likes this.
  2. Ingarid New Member

What's downtime?
  3. feiddan Augur

Heard about 30 minutes in game.
  4. KevinMcP Developer

May 27, 2014

*** Items ***

- Beastlord and Monk armor from the Tower of Rot can now be worn by Wood Elves and Frogloks, respectively.
    - Several equipable items that had turned invisible now appear in their proper corporeal state.

*** Quests & Events ***

- Objects that block pathways will now appear in their correct places in Dead Hills Heroic Adventures.

*** Zones ***

- The Tower of Rot can now be entered through the Dead Hills.

- The EverQuest Team
  5. Killstrike Journeyman

and the server crashed..
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Maybe it is one of those changes which is causing the crashes on live servers.
  7. Sheezy New Member

Ok, so server been down since like 4pm and still down.

Anyone able to provide some sort of an update here?
  8. feiddan Augur

Server came up for about an hour, been down since. Big red message at the top of the screen has been updated several times, most recent timestamp is
    Status: 5/28/2014 1:42 PDT - Test server is currently down for emergency maintenance.
  9. Smallpox Augur

Shouldn't this be the other way around?
    Saave, Fenthen and Smokezz like this.
  10. feiddan Augur

Live was ahead of us for most of the Plane of War changes as well.
    Fenthen likes this.
  11. Ravengloome Augur

Its funny we still have the Beta version of the TOR missions too and live got updated versions
    Fenthen likes this.
  12. Smokezz The Bane Crew

13. feiddan Augur

How many evolving cloaks did we see on the server, pre-patch? One?

Like the bug from the DH HA's dropping the chase items, I wonder if Test has the appropriate droprate and Live has some sort of bug.
  14. Iila Augur

Isn't Test server supposed to test out the patches that went live last week to try and find the bugs that Live is reporting?
    Fenthen likes this.
  15. Sheezy New Member

Wow, server is still down, not a peep out of Sony about it.

Thanks for letting us know you care.
    Fenthen likes this.
  16. Quatr Augur

Well, it's only 10:20am on the West Coast. They are probably still on their second cup of coffee and not fully awake :)
  17. Sheezy New Member

Pretty sure it was worked on throughout the night as the emergency down message was at 1am PST.

Obviously someone seriously screwed something up, it would be nice to just get some sort of an update on what to expect.
    Fenthen likes this.
  18. guado Augur

TAKE YOUR TIME, just fix the Tower of Rot Raid Lag.

I've already stopped a monthly subscription for 5/5 accounts (months ago)
    I've recently stopped eating Kronos for 4/5 accounts.

That means I am only playing right now due to Kronos.

Am I going to consume more Kronos? Fix the bugs in your game, that will decide for me.

I stopped beaming right when you all made it clear it was "expensive" and causing lots of problem server side. I didn't beam right up until the very last possible second before the nerf.

It's sad the the most fun thing in this game in the past few years has been an activity that developers did not design or intend.
  19. Quatr Augur

Well, an emergency message is one thing -- Operations are trained to post them when their monitoring tools report that a server is down -- but actually working on the underlying issue requires a different skill set.

The latest message says "The Rathe & Test server is currently down for emergency maintenance" and E Marr has reportedly crashed twice in the last few hours, so I am sure they have their hands full at the moment.
  20. Sheezy New Member

Guess this is what they get for making changes to LIVE and UPDATING to TEST.
    Smallpox likes this.