Test Update 05/16/14

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by crieger, May 16, 2014.

1. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Sure, as long as the proc rate is upped to 2/minute as well.
  2. Apocalyps Elder

Well what a good update to the CoTF robe u give us 600 mana over 24 seconds for the = 2400 mana
    compared to the old robe click that was on it 800 mana per offensive spell cast (10)= 8000 mana
    but it does now stack with Armor of stonescale and the damage pots good work
  3. Brogett Augur

I don't know enough about it, but if you want to compare it to assassinate. Does it only work on level 99 and lower? Does it only work on humanoid mobs? (Decap works on all, but headshot/assassinate is limited.) What is the crit multiplier? (Ie what does it hit for in that 15%)

Finally, out of interest, how much did it used to hit for? I don't know how significant a change this is. I assume it's just a low level thing though and not something that changes all game play (otherwise tbh it shouldn't have a huge single hit or it just makes playing the class an exercise in randomness and hoping for the lucky roll).
  4. Beimeith Lord of the Game

It used to hit for 73450 and crit like any normal spell. Now it hits for 73450 but has a crit override that makes it crit a fixed 15% chance and damage.

The normal crit was 250k, (which is a single nuke crit basically), and our normal crit % is 39 with normal crit damage 350%. On full burn it would crit for 450k, (which is less than a single nuke crit on full burn), and we can hit 100% crit rate and 700% crit damage.

Keep in mind that it has a very low chance to proc, like 2.5% or something, so even when full burning we are likely to get between 0-2 procs. It's a mediocre proc at best, but because it shows a big number (450k) some times, people whined and bitched and pissed and moaned about it, even though a normal ethereal spell does over 500k on full burn, but because it's split into 2 spells (twincast) people didn't pitch a about it.
  5. Filatal Augur

Not working. Unfortunately, I just realized I had already key mapped Alt-H to something different, I'll try to get back on later to see if the Alert History window is working. So, the Alert History may be working, but it didn't for me ( could of been user error ). But you are definitely still getting the same alerts every time you log in.

Also, not working.

I would be remiss if I didn't use this post to once again ask why the need to decrease the defensive value of one of the least offensive powered classes in game. No one doubts that the increases from last patch was over the top and needed changing. But decreasing the hate value and increasing the recast time only removes another Crowd Control tool from the game. Making the game more linear and giving less choice is not what has made it last 15 years.
  6. feiddan Augur

Holy cow, CoTF T2 is a mess. Y'all have a lot of work to do before this goes live on Wednesday.

There are quite a few items from the vendor that still have generic names and labels.

The new tradeskill items have foci that seem very out of place and may be altogether broken. Example: Pugilist's Gloves - the Pugilist Focus should be a 50% melee haste, but when equipped I remain at 100% in my inventory tab. Haven't had time to parse them yet. I applaud the fresh approach to the itemization, but it's clearly unfinished.

The h2h weapon "Touch of the Forgotten" has a graphic that looks like the icon when in the primary hand (i.e., the Kranigan's Fist look, but black instead of purple), but in the offhand, it looks like some sort of katar/claws weapon.

There's clearly a lot going on here, but beta wasn't long enough, and I'm afraid a great many of these errors are going to be pushed to live. I'll continue to report on the most glaring mistakes.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  7. feiddan Augur

Silent Step Boots - foci "Evasive Step" (Boosts temporal magic ncrease [sic] movement speed and doge) is slower than my normal speed as a monk.
  8. feiddan Augur

Ethermist Robes (Effect: Ethermist) increases mana regen by only one.
  9. sarthek New Member

Not sure if intended, but the currency vendor doesn't sell any T2 caster weapons or tank equipment. Lots of stuff available for all the other classes though...
  10. feiddan Augur

Okay, after just a little bit of parsing this stuff it seems my initial posts about the foci was a bit hasty.

The foci aren't worn, in the traditional sense. They are triggered (I think). Our parses are picking them up, but no buff icons are showing.

Here's my first impressions:
    --Ethermist Robes does not change my mana regen when the proc goes off.
    --Arena dummies don't have the accuracy for testing the boots' effect - I suspect we'd need a good twenty hour parse to sort it out.
    --The gloves don't seem to have any effect. I ran a couple tests with an ALEX in my primary (secondary only swings controls for a number of variables) with the gloves and no form of worn haste, and then without the gloves and no form of worn haste (100% displayed in stat tab for each) - number of swings was 522 over 405 seconds with the gloves, which saw 9 procs, and 526 over 402 seconds without the gloves - DPS was 2112 with, 2164 without.

Obviously it's a little early to say these are completely broken, but I'm go to place any interest of these items on hold for now, and I recommend others do the same.
  11. feiddan Augur

CoTF T1 saw similar itemization - the tank rings and mask were dropped, as was the belt; others I'm a bit hazy on. As I recall, only a 2hander was available for casters at the vendors, while the 1hander had to be farmed traditionally.

I do enjoy the mixed itemization, especially considering CoTF T2 will be released in several installments. Just as CoTF T1a didn't have everything, neither will CoTF T2a.
  12. feiddan Augur

Etherfire Bow is missing the typical Type 7 augment, Improved Doge focus, and Prismatic Ward click.
  13. Dandin Augur

Please tell me this wont go live. the Enchanter changes are ridiculous.
  14. Marton Augur

New recast time on these runes is overkill.

Most enchanters I am seeing these days are buff bots, boxes. Very few people want to play an enchanter main, so .... how about to make the class even less desirable :rolleyes:.
  15. Ismel Augur

The really silly thing is that the only reason that some see the rune as a problem is that in 1 zone they coded pets to force argro, as a really bad way to prevent pet tanking.

No where else can you rune tank (no stun mobs) and keep argro vs even weak dps.

Almost forgot the easy way to fix the problem is simply to make the named attack what ever person is highest on argro, instead of just attacking pet owner.
    Sinestra likes this.
  16. feiddan Augur

It's not in the notes, but the group Chapterhouse 2 mission (A Matter of Life and Death), is now fixed. The shrouds had been dealing significantly less damage for the last few weeks, but the change seems to have been reverted. This is just since Friday.

Haven't done the raid since Friday's patch.
  17. Jiggs Elder

Regarding Arcane Fusion nerf -

Someone should read the in game description on this AA. Especially the part where it says it has a "chance" to deliver and INCREDIBLE amount of damage. 73k is not incredible. Group mobs routinely have millions of hit points. 73k is closer to "drop in the bucket" than incredible. The "chance" for it to even fire is something like 2.5%. That is a very low proc rate as is. This is a terrible idea and an unwarranted change.

Regarding Syllable of Refreshment nerf -

For crying out loud, another terrible idea. Refreshment only has a 6% chance to fire off a Claw spell. I have gone entire raid events (lasting 10 minutes or more) and have gotten ZERO procs. And many times I have finally gotten it to proc when the normal Harvest has just within seconds of refreshing anyway. Ttis is not an activated proc on demand. It is subject to RNG. Sometimes RNG can be in your favor and often times it cannot. Another unwarranted change.

What I would like to know is:
    A. Which developer designed this spell in the first place? (Claw line).
    B. During their exhaustive testing when they designed this spell did they think that a 6% chance to fire was overpowered?
    C. If the "Refreshment" was specifically designed for long recast spells, which other spells in the wizard arsenal would this proc even be useful? All the nukes that refresh in 2.2 seconds anyway? (please speak with the developer who designed this spell and ask them which spells were the intention of this proc in the first place)
    D. Which developer is responsible for identifying this as a problem anyway?

I swear, this seems to be more about appeasing peoples unwarranted rants for nerfs on the forums than anything that is actually overpowered. Harvest already suffers from a long cast time (12 seconds +) and if you include both the spell gem lockout and the time it takes to cast another spell (1.5 + 2.2 seconds) then a wizard is doing absolutely ZERO dps during that ~16 seconds. Just because someone rants about how much one class gets more mana regen than others is only looking at a raw number and not the ACTUAL in game mechanics and downside of doing so.

Is that what the developers are doing?

Both of these changes are unwarranted.
    Yinla and Naugrin like this.
  18. Random_Enchanter Augur

I can rune tank in 95% of group content with runes as they are. 100% of the content if i can get slow off before having to tank the mob. While doing this i can hold argro off the best tanks avilable. The stun portion of the rune is nice but almost useless to me. If the mob can be stuned, i will stun lock it insted of rune tanking it. It is just more "overpowered" in POWar because the Dev's didnt want it to be done this way.

Which part(s)? or all of it? I will agree on parts, the new cast time and recast time are ridiculous, the New hate mod modification is silly. The amounts that the runes change by is 7000 damage, considering the large amount that we just had them upgraded by the little tweek makes little difference.

I am VERY opposed to recast timer change. If that meens i have to live with a 2 sec cast timer I will (and have, both in and out of game) Enchanters are about the third best on DD's and Dots in game, but #1 on survability for caster classes (tied with necros,and clerics) keep use that way. Runes are how the enchanter survives,
  19. Wiji Elder

A Matter of Life and Death group mission cannot catch a break. Shroud DPS seems to be fixed, but now Marnek is gray con (assassinatable, decappable?) Not sure this is intentional.
  20. feiddan Augur

Our rogue in the group only had 53 successful hits + 9 successful backstabs (sorry, I hide others' misses) and did not proc an assassinate. For whatever that's worth.