Test Update - 05/15/15

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by Hludwolf, May 13, 2015.

1. Iila Augur

To answer my own question, no. I didn't see any conflicts between spear/blight/undivided/harmshield/breath spells, discs, and AAs.
  2. Apoc Augur

What was the scintillating beam Max mez level changed to?
  3. Riou EQResource

Iila likes this.
  4. Iila Augur

Ranks 7, 8 and 9 are all changed to mez 104, from 101, 103 and 105.

Grats max rank nerf!

[41794] Scintillating Beam
    [41794] Scintillating Beam IX
    Classes: ENC/254
    Skill: Melee
    Target: Frontal AE
    Range: 100', AE Range: 20'
    Resist: Lowest -40
    Reflectable: No
    Casting: 0s, Recast: 1.5s
    Casting: 0s
    Duration: 78s (13 ticks), Dispelable: Yes, Allow Fast Regen: No
    Max Targets: 5
    2: Mesmerize up to level 105
    3: Cast: Scintillating Beam Root [Spell 41797] on Fade
    4: Cast: Scintillating Grasp [Spell 41800]
    2: Mesmerize up to level 104
    3: Cast: Scintillating Grasp IX [Spell 41797] on Fade
    4: Cast: Scintillating Beam Root IX [Spell 41800]
    Text: Your enemies are distracted by a blast of scintillating colors.

[41792] Scintillating Beam
    [41792] Scintillating Beam VII
    Target: Frontal AE
    2: Mesmerize up to level 101
    2: Mesmerize up to level 104
  5. Apoc Augur

Scintillating beam was only up to 99 when Max level was 100
  6. Iila Augur

Yeah, the other two level caps are 94 and 99, and are unchanged.

Rank 9 has spent 7 months, plus beta at being able to mez 105. So it's a change to functionally people would have gotten used to. WIthout any notice in the patch notes.

There's 1369 changes in the spell file, most of them are name and buff blocking changes. Like someone is trying to clean up the mess of identically named tiered effects, janky stacking solutions, and various other bits of technical debt in the spell file. Whoever that is, thank you, and good luck!

Definitely easier to read than the standalone parser! Pastel red and green highlights on white with a crappy laptop screen is terrible. But harder to make sense of the changes.
  7. Apoc Augur

Well Arcane fusion is still landing on me whenever gambit fades.

[Sat May 16 03:32:16 2015] Your Irae Faycite Shard: Claw of the Oceanlord feels alive with power.
    [Sat May 16 03:32:16 2015] Your Raid Elder Silk Sleeve Seal of the Pyromancer feels alive with power.
    [Sat May 16 03:32:16 2015] Your gambit pays off!
    [Sat May 16 03:32:16 2015] Your magical gambit ends.
    [Sat May 16 03:32:16 2015] Apocalypsex hit a crab for 69048 points of non-melee damage.
    [Sat May 16 03:32:16 2015] All of your spells are empowered.
    [Sat May 16 03:32:16 2015] You resist the Burst of Ice XIII spell!
    [Sat May 16 03:32:16 2015] Your target resisted the Burst of Ice XIII spell.
    [Sat May 16 03:32:16 2015] Apocalypsex hit Apocalypsex for 73722 points of non-melee damage.
    [Sat May 16 03:32:16 2015] You are struck by a massive fusion reaction. You have taken 73722 points of damage.

Can we just do away with the Bucolic Reflection or just remove the hp damage it does to you and just give a lesser amount of mana? I would rather it give no mana at all on fade then getting hit my greater pyromatic ignition or arcane fusion etc.
    I am not really sure what would fix it but i think the problem is that the spell itself costs more then 10 mana which is the trigger point for a lot of procs. I think making it a mana cost of 1 like the regular harvest may be a good direction to go in.
    Ferry-Tunare likes this.
  8. Croak Augur

Why bother with this? Nothing is available now which wasn't available before that I am aware of.

It is not like I don't have to run to Barren Coast to get materials for power supplies every few weeks when I run out of stock.

I am one of the few active tradeskillers left on Fippy and the consolidation was really just a convenience thing for a few crafts, and welcome considering we don't have access to tradeskill potions (lost money to DBG) - we have to buy more materials to skill up than any other server.

At the same time the sticky thread of long-term bugs was removed from the progression forum because it was causing confusion with people reporting bugs on Ragefire beta.

Here is an idea... there wouldn't be a need for that sticky if bugs that are important were actually fixed on the existing progression servers.

We are going to be in VoA soon and there are still lots of access issues, no hotzone quests and outdated Hotzones.

Are there any potential bugs around the corner with Fippy hopefully gaining free-to-play when VoA goes live (Free to play is era appropriate, as it went live at the same time as Vox server during VoA)
    Without F2P Fippy will be a playground for a single guild soon.
    Aanuvane likes this.
  9. Zarzac Augur

Saw you tested this as well. I didn't realize spell and disc timers were different.

I logged on to test fearing Undivided line would block spear for 10m but was pleasantly surprised to find everything working correctly.
  10. Xikteny Augur

You probably already know this, but just in case; if you use the final counter of Gambit on a spell which can't proc Arcane Fusion or Pyromancy (eg Cloudburst), you're pretty safe.

Gambit causes the procs generated by the spell which uses up Gambit's final hit counter to hit you. Generate no dangerous procs and you're safe.
  11. cphill Journeyman

Artisan Ansemm in Katta does NOT sell any of the cultural components needed to make TDS cultural, other than the recipe books. Artisan materials for armor, mechanoinstructions for seals, diagrams for symbols, etc; are all missing.
    Aanuvane likes this.
  12. RPoo Augur

No it still does not
    Iila, Sancus and Silv like this.
  13. Silv Augur

....then it either needs to get fixed OR they need to adjust the proc rate to account for the failure rate lulz

On another note:

Silver Spoon Ornament (http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=114106) is an all/all Pri/Sec/Rng ornament awarded from guide events. It's currently flagged as BOW only... why? This has to be wrong. It's a spoon! Please remove the restriction and switch it to 'Weapons only' or something.
    Iila and Sancus like this.
  14. RPoo Augur

Silv likes this.
  15. Xikteny Augur

EverQuest/EQ-16: guide event reward "Silver Spoon Ornament" is spuriously flagged as "Bows Only"

16. Silv Augur

Thanks for the link, hadn't seen that.

However, the guides on certain servers seem to be at as much of a loss as the players on this logic so I'm going to continue to report it as a bug. Also, until a source is posted for Crys' comment that it's intended, I won't take that as an official determination. Given that guides are dictated to award certain items for certain events, nothing should be limited to only certain classes like this; it either needs to be fixed or removed from the 'award' loot table for guides.

If I knew in advance for any guide event that the spoon was a reward, I'd never participate. If they aren't going to change it then guide events should be advertised that the award is only useable to people who can equip bows.
  17. Narknon Augur

Why did they add a recast to the mind crystals? Just making the mana cost double the healing would pretty much prevent abuse..
  18. Silv Augur

Knee-jerk. They have to be super-duper sure that there isn't any tiny possibility it could be exploited again! :rolleyes:

What's funny to me is that multiple people supposedly reported the issue in TDS beta...
    Hobitses and Iila like this.
  19. RPoo Augur

- Enchanter - Made the following adjustments to Gift of Hazy Thoughts:
    -- 1. Increased the proc chance from 5 to 8 percent.
    -- 2. The version of Chromatic Haze that is cast by Gift of Hazy Thoughts is now equivalent to rank 6 of the Chromatic Haze instead of rank 1.
    -- 3. The spell can now only be triggered when casting 0-duration direct damage spells with a non-zero cast time, minimum level of 85, and a mana cost.

Thank you for increasing the proc chance and increasing the version, however, many of us in the enchanter community feel that proc chance should be increased to no less than 10% now that it will no longer proc off of mana reciprocation line procs, plus it's still not critting 100% of the time, making it resemble the wizard thricewoven line.
    porky, Random_Enchanter, Silv and 2 others like this.
  20. Silv Augur

I don't understand this part (bolded). Why shouldn't it fire on DOTs? Or mana-cost Stuns (it may still as they are listed as DD so that may be a non-issue)? Or any of the mana cost detrimental spells it previously did.

If it was FIXED along with the sploit fix it probably wouldn't be an issue.
    porky and Sancus like this.