Test Update 05/11/2021 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, May 11, 2021.

1. menown Augur

Not almost. I would! There is a balance between keeping the group necro competitive and not making the raid necro overpowered. Having higher damage per tick helps with DoT competitiveness in the group game. Taking out duration from DoTs will effectively reduce raid necro DPS without effecting the group necro DPS. Similarly, taking out duration from DoTs also reduces the number of DoTs that a necro can maintain, thereby reducing the total number of debuffs on a target (A huge issue for raiders currently with a maximum limit of 97 debuff slots).

This can be done in 2 ways. (1) would be to change the spell data directly for the duration. (2) would be to change focus effects. I don't believe the first option will be done. The second option can be done on either worn equipment focus and/or on spell effect focus. Tonic of Efficiency Affinity and the guild's banner "Standard of Power" both have an extension focus that increase DoT durations by 1 extra tick, non-stacking of course. They need to be changed to not effect debuffs that have a damage component.
    Volgare likes this.
  2. menown Augur

As others have said, tank DPS is overpowered right now. They should not be competing or beating DPS classes consistently in group content like they are today.
    Sancus likes this.
  3. ShadowMan Augur

Most would be hard pressed to feel bad for necros but this is partly just misinformation as well.

The wounds dot changes are massive to raid and solo necromancers. In many raid settings its highly unlikely, tbd based on live testing, that necromancers can even do what they could prior to any single necromancer dot revamp.

Group necros are still well ahead of the game.
  4. Orbital101 Augur

Achievement window bug: [IMG]
    never mind...zoning out of PoK fixed it
    Thunderkiks likes this.
  5. Svann2 The Magnificent

Oh I love this already. Thank You!
    minimind and klanderso like this.
  6. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

Hope someone accounted for the two rares in Ferubi with the same name, the score of missing rares in PoR, the 4 in sunderock, 1 in vergalid, and the 3 in direwind...
    Mithra, Galamann and Skuz like this.
  7. Lyyr Lorekeeper

I remember it just fine. My perspective is different than yours because I have never had raid gear or spells on my Necro.
  8. Hamshire Augur

Its cool this was fixed and all but the Rhag Cycle drops trash compared to the Cursed Cycle and you choose to fix the Rhag Cycle over the Cursed Cycle and or instead of both of them. Please fix the Cursed Cycle, it suffers from the exact same issue, it just happens less often.
    Skuz likes this.
  9. OlavSkullcrusher Augur

Also no fixes to many longstanding Overseer problems.
  10. kizant Augur

Wizard problems are related to class balance and this patch is helping address those issues. It's all kinda related. Plus I wouldn't include mages since they are doing good as is.
    Smokeydistic and menown like this.
  11. Silu Elder

Also, the changes to beam targeting should help mage DPS when using AEs is appropriate (swarm groups or several CoV raids).
    Skuz likes this.
  12. Ythera Augur

I don't see how that plays any role in it, since the change was to spells and aa that both raiders and non-raiders have access to.
  13. Escian New Member

Dev's - You need to provide a way to reclaim these bags, as I previously destroyed the 15 slotted bags, as they were not useful to me at 15 slots and my tailored bags are 18 or 20 slots. Being 30 slots now, they are useful and I no longer have them on my recovery tab. Had they been these larger slots to begin with, I never would of destroyed.
    RPoo, Eviara, Captain Video and 6 others like this.
  14. Volgare Journeyman

For those of us using more than 2 of the wounds line its going to be a large reduction in overall damage, if this is how it will be going forward my personal preference would be to reduce base duration to 60sec making wounds more accessible. As for group game, swift dots need their damage adjusted upward, and duration be 18 seconds, or enhanced decay made to work with 12 sec dots.
    Thundersnake likes this.
  15. Lil_cal New Member

By chance, does anyone if this patch will be the one where the extra cov raid emblems will be added?
  16. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

Nothing to do with any patch. The coin amount bump (and the chests doubling I assume) are 60 days out from the T1 opening ... should be July on that.

At least that's what I assume you are asking about.

Edit- This is wrong. I blame Nova. See below.
  17. Cimbaeth Elder

I love love love the addition of more Hunter achievements as I'm done with all the others. I also appreciated the bag awards at first.. now I have bags full of bags. I guess I can pass em around to more alts. Are there going to be any more cool rewards from Hunters like... some clikie illusion or something? Never hurts to ask.
  18. Tritonia Journeyman

Unless this was implemented on test without being put in the patch notes which would be great, the nameds A Walking Bone Pile, A Relic Crushpile, and A Raging Spellstream in Relic are not currently spawning due to a bug and will need to be looked at to complete the achievement.

Edit: It would be really cool if there was a title added solely for Hunter of Sverag. That is absolutely ridiculous. There aren't any broken spawns in that one but that's just an insane achievement.
    Mithra likes this.
  19. Lil_cal New Member

It was what I am asking, but Alla's lists it as every 3 months from xpac release, so I wasn't 100% certain. But I sincerely appreciate your reply.
  20. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

Sorry, I just realized I goofed. It's 3, 6, and 9 months out from opening for the bumps in raid coin. It's 6 months for raid chests to double.

TOV Loot - Just hit 6 month mark!!!!! | EverQuest Forums (daybreakgames.com)

I'd like to say it was the drugs ... but no. Just my own stupidity (maybe a little confusion from the cluster you know what of ToV T3 opening as well)..

Raid coin is already at 20. June 8th should be 30 coin and double chests. Which should mean 4 ore per chest (Selo hit CoV with double loot chests for a bit and there were definitely 4 in those chests).