Test Update 04/16/14

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by crieger, Apr 16, 2014.

1. Potawatomi Augur

So who do I need to send an edible arrangement to?
    RPoo likes this.
  2. JChan Developer

"The EQ Code and Design" teams has a nice ring to it.
    Elricvonclief and Potawatomi like this.
  3. JChan Developer

It's not taking you to the desktop after clicking "Yes"? Can you give us more details? We can't reproduce this internally.
  4. blood & gufts Augur

Not to be greedy, but could there come an addition to this: a toggle box, which say: Destroy combined item.
    Reason is that there a number of recipes that only used for skill advance, and well the item today is just destroyed/tossed on ground.
    Or make some more recipes result stackable. Here thinking on some potteries.
    example:
    Unfired Planar Stein
    Unfired * Hilt Casting Mold series

There also fletching / jewelry that could use stacking.
  5. WhtRabbit Lorekeeper

I love what you did with TS. I just recently started working on trade skills and it was brutal on my clicky finger. Thank you.

Now, not sure if it's a bug or intentional. But, seems on average after a few hundred combines it just stops.
  6. feiddan Augur

Sometime in the long distant past, /autoinventory would drop items onto the ground. If that were to be the case again, the "make all" button would be useful for all skill-up paths (albeit at the cost of accidentally dropping valuable items! and the ensuing /petitions). Just another line of thought based on past EQ.

The "Make All" button is great, and is wrist-saving. For attempting large amounts of combines of non-stackable items, like you said, it offers no improvement. If we could get a /destroyitem command that works on the cursor, similar to /autoinventory, that might offer a decent compromise and add utility to the game outside of skilling up tradeskills.
  7. Elricvonclief Augur

Sounds to me like someone is whining others might also get his precious....

Get over it.
  8. Zunar Augur

Imo they should do away with this message altogether. It's unneccessary and only causes spam text.
    Imo same thing with "You haven't recovered yet..." when chaining spells..it's only annoying and yet more spam text.
    For anyone who uses macros and multibinds these things are a reason for massive text spam.
  9. Lerilon Lorekeeper

I don't see anybody mentioning the most annoying spam of all: Necro lich spells. Are these already filtered and I just missed how to do it in my 14 month break?
  10. Phancy Elder

I don't have time at the moment to read through all of the posts but with adding evolving shoulders to the vendor (still choking on this one) shouldn't the Burden of Truth be added to the RoF Vendor as well?
  11. Tual Augur

I don't see anybody mentioning the most annoying spam of all: Necro lich spells. Are these already filtered and I just missed how to do it in my 14 month break?

Do it the same way you would have 15 months ago, the filter isn't new.
    PrathunSOE likes this.
  12. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Just did the quest a rangers tale took me 2 hours. :(

Not enough plumes dropped from the aviaks, when they are all dead i was still at 5/6 So had to kill the guards as well. :(

The dragon fight at the end made no sense at all, but that could have something to do with me pulling the dragon back down the path a bit behind the 3 idiots who did nothing to help. :rolleyes: Having Fen run off to die where the dragon isn't stood makes no sense, he either needs to run to where the dragon currently is or the dragon needs to be rooted so he runs to where he is. Fen talks about killing the whelps before the dragon, I pulled the dragon first to that part of the script made no sense either. Would make sense if the dragon was inactive until the 3 whelps were dead.

Exp seemed a bit out of whack was getting an AA a kill at max level with max AAs.

Task reward is a bit Blah, 400 plat, 5 commemorative coins and 8 AA, do these count if over the max? If not when do the next set of AAs come in? I don't fancy doing these missions more than once if the AA is just going to waste.

I looted the item for the achievement, but the achievement has no reward when you complete it, which seems pretty pointless.

The bag is nice but 100 missions to get 1 item is a bit over the top, if it takes 2 hours each time your looking at 200 hours, just for 1 bag. Risk V Reward isn't worth it.

How long will these missions actually be in game?
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  13. Coruth Augur

Another Question on Adding Heroics to T2-T4 weapons.

T4 Classweapons were unique to the expansion in that they had 1 heroic stat when none of the rest of the weapons had heroics.

Did they get just other heroics added? Or do they keep their uniqueness by having that 1 boosted heroic

For example Possesed Dreadstone Guarian Blade has 16 dex.
    T1 weapons have like 12-16 on every stat.

Does the Possessed Dreadstone Guadian Blade have 32ish Dex to still stand out from the T4 drops
    or did it just get the other heroics added?
  14. Orbital101 Augur

- The chance to successfully mine iron ore within the Mines of Narikor in the Plane of War has increased, especially when your mining activities anger nearby miners.

That I can understand but

- The chance to successfully harvest wood within the Field of Blood in the Plane of War has increased, especially when your woodcutting activities anger the Yendan.

I get this done within 15mins how easier do you want this to become?

- Shamanic crystals in the Plane of War now respawn at a slower rate before all of them are destroyed.
    This was never a issue the way I was doing it... tactician and its adds though is hardcore, even for 3 groups.

Also i heard rumors about PoWar castle mobs giving neg faction VS the other... plz do not... I am forming raids at a specific named area and people joining for the simple fact that they need the faction, some does because they want the gears or the chase items but if they dont thats one way of geting quick faction. I am not goign to bother doing pickup raids outside the castles. While all of the above i make sure pre farmable stuffs are made available for the raid... It is enjoyable the way it is., dont remove a reason for people to group in a large scale...
  15. Ssixa Augur

Looking at the possessed rogue dagger now...its got 16 HStr, 13 HSta, 12 HAgi, 14 HDex, 12 HCha. Now compare that to the tier 4 dagger Tolvak, the Dirk of Madness: 14HStr, 13 HSta, 11 HWis/Int, 13 HAgi, 15 HDex, 12 HCha.
    It would be nice to see the Possessed weapons get a boost in their original Heroic. For the rogue dagger, 16 more Str...for the warrior blade 16 more Dex...etc - basically giving them the heroics you are adding, on top of what they already had.

While I am on the subject, it seems the tier 2-3 caster two hand blunts were left off this update (far as I know there isn't a tier 4 caster 2hb), presumably because they already had some heroics to make up for the loss of heroics via a shield. It would be nice to see maybe ~75% of the heroics you are adding to the caster 1h weapons also added to the two handers so they continue to have an edge in that department. I don't think I need to go into too much detail of 1h versus 2h. This means you will probably also need to boost the heroics on the cotf 2hb as well.
  16. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Any chance of getting deadly strikes also added to the melee filters

Could also do with getting reflected spells getting a spell filter, I really don't need to know that half the raids spells have been reflected.

I have all damage set to me only, I really shouldn't see anything from other playes
  17. Ssixa Augur

When the auto afk thing activates and makes you afk...it assigns your afk message to be "on". I assume your code is having it type "/afk on" rather than just "/afk".

Ssixxa tells you, "AFK Message: on"

Minor thing but probably means its easily adjusted on your end too.
  18. Smallpox Augur

What day will these changes be going to live?
  19. IGiveYouCash Lorekeeper

As normal they will tell us about 0-5 hours before the servers come down for the update.
  20. blood & gufts Augur

While it look good in theory, it would create massive inflation. You mention rogue dagger, from b4 it had 16, and now it got 16, if "new" gets additional 16 it would give it 32.
    That mean that CotF would have to have at least same amount, most likely +1, which is 33 in HStr. That would be totally bad, all future weapons would then be based upon the HoF class weapon.