Test Update 04/16/14

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by crieger, Apr 16, 2014.

1. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Damn, not what I wanted to hear, that is something which I need to not be on auto then.

Need to try and get on test tomorrow and take a look at what settings I'm gonna want. Grrr I hate change.
  2. Crystilla Augur

Quoted from above:
    For those interested in what these changes are specifically:

- Defense of M'Lady (replaced King of the Hill.) Don't let the dragon get under 90%. <-- lots of guilds do use the dragon to tank, therefore this is still an ok achievement as it forces a change of tactic for those.

- Outlast, Outfight. Kill 15 Qeynos Guards before Galenth dies. <-- can't remember, how many adds spawn in a round (aka how many rounds of adds is this)?

- Spelling Bee (replaced Don't skip a Beat.) Kill the Lieutenants in alphabetical order. <-- we never kill in alpha order though we do kill one at a time so this is not one we'll have done yet.

- Honey Don't (replaced Defying the Drum.) Kill all the adds before killing Vaxa. <--- we used to do that than they decided to throw the tanks to their death all so the fight ends a few minutes sooner (aka we burn vaxa)

- Disease Ease. Cast 4 disease spells while Xulous Prime has counteract disease active.
    - Bad Breath. Only the kiter can't be hit by his/her own disease cloud.

Looking at the new ones, I've added my thoughts to some.
  3. Spankage Elder

As nice as the flurry filter will be, there really needs to be a filter for the "You can't use this command right now...". This is more annoying than flurry msgs by far.
  4. Fenudir Augur

How will this affect skill ups? Will a check be make against each combine or should we use it only for trivial sub combines?
  5. Iila Augur

Passive mercs charge for the first interval after being made passive, then the rest of the fees will be waved. So no matter how long you afk with a passive merc, you only get charged for 15 minutes.

You get the one charge so you can't toggle passive on when the timer gets close to 0 to avoid paying merc fees completely
  6. Astran Elder

The combines still get done one at a time, so each individual non-trivial combine can still generate a skillup. The change is now that if you toggle it on, it will keep doing those individual combines until you run out of mats or bag space.
  7. feiddan Augur

Yup. It's not an immediate batch - it's no faster than waiting on the 'combine' button to grey out and become active, it's only automated.
  8. Fenudir Augur

While testing the /loginterval command on Test, when I tried to click on my Ghostrider's Bridle, I got a message with the yellow text saying "Without Ghostrider's Bridle your whistle is left unanswered." My bridle then disappeared from my inventory.
  9. Angahran Augur

What would be great would be if instead of show/hide options, we could get options for 'screen only' and 'file only' ?
    Also, get rid of 'other' and split every individual message type to it's own filter.
  10. Fenudir Augur

aaaand one more odd little thing. My shammys Spirit Call AA isn't summoning its swarm pets. The AA fires and goes on cool down but no pets.
  11. Tyranthin Journeyman

[sarcasm]I couldn't care less about any of the other proposed changes, but...

- Warriors can now use the /shield command while under defensive-type effects.

...has made me immediately reconsider re-subscribing my 3 accounts immediately. So immediately that I used the word twice in the last sentence! This change will have a huge effect on Warriors and our effectiveness. Great job, SOE, thank you so much for this amazing change! I no longer feel like my class has been getting dumped on since December.[/sarcasm]

... Really? Of all the things about the Warrior class that need to be reconsidered, they prioritized THAT?!?

Don't get me wrong, 12 liches (instead of 18) will make that event slightly less tedious and the hide auto-AFK players bit is nice. However, with as simple as the game currently is, all the other changes making it even easier feels completely unnecessary.

2017 can't get here fast enough.
  12. Koryu Professional Roadkill

Auto Merc Passive
    Better check merc status after coming back from a bio break. But the capability of adding this feature is a positive, it means there's also the possibility of an Auto Tribute Shutoff. Anybody else bled themselves dry overnight on accident?
  13. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

/camp desktop

still does not work if you select camp immediately in pok.
  14. guado Augur

One of the devs (can't remember who) said warriors were getting a boost very soon and they were just working on "numbers"

keep holding your breath. wait. you don't have to with Everlasting Breath aa.
  15. Powerful Elder

Putting the evolving shoulders on the raid vendors is a terrible idea. Being the best in slot item for this expansion (and probably the next), they should remain the ultimate chase item. Allowing the event rares to be purchased for currency is bad enough, but don't put the shoulders up for sale.
  16. guado Augur

I think everyone that has the shoulders already (especially you, being they are fully evolved and equipped) feel the same way.

However, I've yet to receive them and have been out bid on them once.

I'm glad I can save my marks for shoulders while I can gear up with the visible gear that drops. This will help more than it will hurt, so unfortunately, I must ask you to "get over it."
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  17. Powerful Elder

Yes, I have them. So what. In Sony's world of ultimate sameness, these items are highly valued. Allowing everyone access to them diminishes that value.
  18. guado Augur

Yes Powerful, they are incredibly valuable, which is why they're listed for double the visible chest piece. Allowing access to *everyone* as you say would include the group game, which is definitely not the case... I'm just saying: if you were in my position, would you have the same point of view?
  19. Powerful Elder

Yes, I would have the same point of view. We'll just have to agree to disagree.
  20. Everstorm Augur

Elidroth, march 8.
    guado likes this.