Test Update 04/12/17 - Patch Notes and Discussion

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Apr 12, 2017.

1. drEvil Lorekeeper

Can any devs confirm or deny that certain fabled mobs should NOT be spawning? I.E. all NTOV mobs, trakanon, AoW, KT, Klandicar, Sontalak, etc , etc , etc

Hludwolf?
  2. Triconix Augur

It's calling picking your battles. Seeing how a tank's main role is aggro/mitigation with dps as secondary, I would rather not argue with every single dps, adps, and priest class about the merits of tank dps. It's not worth the hassle in the long run.

I care more about my mitigation and aggro. If everybody outside of tanks wants the tanks to have pathetic dps, then fine, whatever. However, the forums are a cesspool of nerf calls and entitled brats whining that they aren't getting their way. If one class gets X, another class complains they didn't get Y and so on and so forth.

If a dps class needs to be 100 times more dps than a tank in order to keep their epen fully torqued, so be it. I'll let the neckbeards be satisfied with their higher numbers on a screen. If they need to be brought back to reality, I simply have to not aggro the mobs and watch them get slaughtered. I'll laugh and have my fun then.
  3. WeCameWeConquered Elder

Valorous Rage was ludricously over powered. It should have never made it in the game not to mention be stackable with some of the other Paladin abilities.

VR increased crit damage by 75% to 400% (was worse when first went in) - the next highest abilities in the game with that SPA are at 200% or much less. Then there is the hundred hands effect, second only to Speed Focus and Frenzy of Spirit, with no basis for the class having it other than an old world mistake in a 20% haste spell, which supposedly was the pitch for it. Now add to that an increased chance to crit, chance to cripple, chance to triple attack and 20 skill attack procs. Toss in a 55% skill damage mod for good measure. All for a class that is suppose to be one of the lowest dps classes in the game?

Paladins were always a favored class but the things that happened over a few expansions were more over the top than usual and shiftie knows it. You cannot on one hand brag to people how it was supposedly your ideas that created such high dps for paladins then on the other hand come to the boards and bemoan how they only needed slight adjustments. It is apparent one dev was out of hand in his love fest and now other devs are correcting those mistakes.
  4. Chaosflux Augur

Favored class?

Have you read these boards lately everyone says if you want a group or raid tank pick warrior or SK.

I've not seen many people repping Paladin.
  5. Warpeace Augur

Trying to compare one ability to another never works because each class functions different. Saying VR is 400% and the next closest is only 200% is only partially true when looking at raw numbers. Sure its a lot larger but because we know if you gave a Berserker the 400% version they would be grossly OP yet with 200% they are fine.

Paladin Favored class...LOLZ!!
  6. Sindaiann Augur

In group content, yes.

Raid, no.

Don't get me wrong a properly played SK is a thing of beauty, as is a paladin, but when talking about optimizing a raid force, Paladin is still more sought-after than a SK.

Splash alone creates that distinction.
    Reht likes this.
  7. Sindaiann Augur

Also I believe some of these changes are directly being made to make HH Seb more difficult (or trying to atleast)

It's like they said, "Hey tanks and dps are too powerful and people will roll thru Seb, so let's nerf some stuff."
  8. Chaosflux Augur

People are still going to roll thru HH Seb.
    Sindaiann and Reht like this.
  9. ShadowMan Augur

I forget what it was for when they did the pulling revamp TBM or PoW but thats now necros lost their 100% fade they had for years. Unless youre a tank then feel free to grab 5 at once.
  10. Chaosflux Augur

With how spaced mobs are in the past like 10 expansions you would have to go out of your way to pull 5.
  11. Hludwolf Developer

Coder, not designer, but I passed it on.
  12. Tucoh Augur

With such a huge zone and variety of mobs it'd be great if they had a pretty large span of difficulty. As a group-geared warrior I know it's easy to make content that raid-geared characters can breeze through that would be impossible for me, but I still think it'd be great if clearing Reinforced Seb was an accomplishment.
  13. Chaosflux Augur

The last content that was "tuned for raiders" despite the whining really wasn't that hard for group geared folks. Referencing POWar.

So don't get your hopes to high.
    Tucoh likes this.
  14. Warpeace Augur

Well it really doesn't matter because they are pushing it live tomorrow.
  15. svann Augur

I dont think anyone asking which tank is more wanted is valuing which tank is a better healer.
  16. fransisco Augur

This.

"paladins heal better", but 10x worse than priests is used all the time for why sk should be better at something than paladins.
  17. ShadowMan Augur

You have a perma 60 -70% increase to all incoming heals no counters, no limits, no nothing just more better healing from anything. Pretty much swept under the carpet always. Just like stuns which can be useless or cheating depending on what youre doing. Dem cures. More beneficial in raids for sure but when its needed in other places its invaluable. You can't shine at everything always and claim unfair if you don't.
  18. sojero One hit wonder

It is not the heal, its the cure. The heal is just a bonus.

No raid force in their right mind is going to give up all their pallies for sk's (as in actively replace) simply because of that one ability.
  19. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

If I tried to apply to CT with my SK main basically maxed in everything, you'd laugh in my face, and you know it. As would Zarzac =P

It'd be nice if strong in group didn't mean highly undesirable in raids and vice versa for so many classes. But the current reality of 16 classes, micro expansions, and 54 person raids is what it is. Balance is unpossible.
  20. Seldom Augur

SK's are more desired in raids than they have ever been, as they are far stronger in raids than previously. Not sure why a couple of forum SK's continually try to perpetuate this myth that SK's are not desireable in raid content. It's not hard to figure how many Wars-Pals-SK's are in the 15 guilds that have defeated all EOK content. When you go below that, the number of SK's are even more robust amongst the lower tier raid guilds because they are such a popular class. Paladins have grown weaker in raids(detrimental splash nerf), stagnation of our aggro, far weaker in healing than previously(our heals don't fire new priest harmonius heals, which at same time make less of a need for healing in general heh) and addition of Reaver's Bargain making us clear #3 tank against challenging bosses. No reason any guild should have less SK's on roster than Paladins unless they are behind on times in thinking or can't find evenly skilled Knight classes. Raid wise, Paladins shine the most in low tier raid guilds where there isn't an abundance of over healing. This exists in highend raiding more than ever before FYI.