Test Update 04/11/13

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by Rtugok, Apr 11, 2013.

1. Angahran Augur

Personally I don't care who he is and I don't see any reason to boast about having a ranger with 110k AA on a discussion about pet changes (apart from pointing out how overpowered headshot is, but that's a completely different topic).
    Wizadress Senlainae likes this.
  2. Spadan New Member

As a magician i feel crapped on by this. I was considering going free to play. This is going to make that a reality.
  3. Zakor Elder

You gotta love the math...

Beastlord, Magician, and Necromancer pets (level 96-100) have had their base HP and AC reduced slightly. Halved the AC and HP advantage given to pets with the most basic focus (Enhanced Minion VII) and adjusted the later ranks accordingly.

Slightly = Half

What kind of logic is going on in those heads? Not much.
    Spadan likes this.
  4. Spadan New Member

I thought Sony would want to keep their paying players, not push them to find other games because they're taking away class benefits. Why fix what's not broken? Where's the logic in that?
  5. Kirkisx Tunare's Chosen Paladin

200 more housing slots in all my houses THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Dzarn and Tegila like this.
  6. Tegila Augur

just on this note i hate to break it to ya but we have several necros whose pets can and have (during recoveries not active kills as we dont do that_ tank raid mobs in rof and they last jsut as long as the mage ones. i know traditionally and in the past necro pets were weaker but in the last couple years theyve come to be very close. i will say that it's nice to have a shot at recovering with this method if needed, but i would never stand for using them AS teh tank during an active kill. the reason they work so nice for recoeries liek this is that the healers dont needto focus as much on ehaling and can help rez rebuff the real tanks etc more, and every pet class has 2 pets raring to go not needing more than 1-2 buffs from their owners and nothing but a spell/aa cast to bring up another one (with suspended you have 2 ready to go at all times, after that you need new ones yeah) . cantcomment on bst pets in tais regard bc our 1 bst is usually morefocused on buffing, slowing the mob while shaman are buffing people, and his paragon , than bothering with his pet, and thats just fine. but point is necro pets can do it and not jsut for a few seconds. this is not just an anti-mage thing that has repercussions for the toher 2,

and the "half" was half of the ADDED not half altogether, so it does work out to slightly. without any EM focus nearly all if notall of these pets, before this change, come out of the box with 100k+ base hp's, em just adds to taht and ac etc, so this is only cutting half of the bonus not half of everything
  7. Izcurly Augur

They could have worded it better, but it does actually say it was the focus items that were nerfed, not the base pet itself. So it's not half of the base pet like many people seem to read. Still, a nerf is a nerf.
  8. AnimalHunter New Member

Druid Clutch of Ro and Thornmaw Vines. Worthless spells. Why would I use the clutch when I have better means to heal and my AA is better then the spell.
    Why would I use thornmaw vines when I have Entrap or Vinelash?
    Both are better options as one is already on my bar and the other is an AA so doesnt take up space on my spell bar.
    Granted druids actually have two spells I think are great, the majority of the new spells just blow.
  9. Daislet Augur

This is completely wrong.

You probably need to play your mage more rather than "play" him more.
  10. Kirkisx Tunare's Chosen Paladin

ok not really a bug as much a a request for free and silver accounts not being able to use rank II spells is ok but would it be possible to be able to scribe them at least i tried too last night and said had to be gold to scribe would it be possible in near future to be able to scribe them but only able to cast the rank 1 version of it?
  11. Slasher Augur

Sarcasm ? I can't tell. He adds new spells without input from the community doesn't even care about the opinion of the players and the only changes you will ever see are bugs he is by far the worst kind of dev for a 14 year old game where the community needs to be involved or why play the game ? Dozens of times he has put outright downgrades to current spells/disc in the game and when pointed out he never looked at it or changed them. His way of developing is here's your content my way or no way.

He is more then capable of holding IRC Chats for input on spells/disc but he doesn't and years ago he said he never will and that shows his arrogance in thinking he knows best and he doesn't care for any input from people who play the game he doesn't play.
  12. Kaylord101 Elder

wow, lots of haters against someone that has an insane amount of aa's.

pretty sure he knows what he is talking about. but keep hating i guess,

i dont Care anymore anyways, If these changes go live, I am for sure going free to play and then I'm sure ill be bored and quit, no way am I starting a new class from start when I am already maxed aa
  13. RVDRVD New Member

Any update to the issue of pet spell agro going to the pet owner?
  14. Bladeth New Member

I recently returned to the game. I have been playing a ranger since release and I stopped playing many times due to people whing about rangers...they are nerfed to hell except for head shot which was nerfed by the same whiners who were getting leveled up by rangers.

Now I play a Mage as an alt and was really enjoying playing this class and now a nerf? Oh well guess maybe another long break.

15. Sinestra Augur

It says pets that are 96-100 have had their base hp and ac reduced and that the bonus from the focus was reduced as well.

"Beastlord, Magician, and Necromancer pets (level 96-100) have had their base HP and AC reduced slightly."

So they got hit in two places on top of the nerfs coming down the line for at least necro and mage pet buffs.
  16. Blistex New Member

Yeah, I came back to eq as a Gold subscriber to play a Mage. I'm now at the level where this nerf will affect me. I'll see how it goes until my current month runs out. If I feel hosed, I'm done again. They've lost a paying customer over something that didn't affect 90% of the EQ community.

And even if it's true that a 99 earth pet can tank a raid level mob, who cares? Were the raid participants happy to have finished the raid? Or were they pissed? I know when I get into a group with a Decap Zerker or a Headshot Ranger I'm thinking 'sweet, these guys are going down fast and I'm benefiting from that guy's class abilities.' Not 'time to start whining that my caster can't oneshot mobs like that.' Well who the hell cares? Different classes can do different awesome things. And when you start messing with those, you start pissing people off. People get pissed, people stop paying. I know if I get pissed I'm done giving my money over.

There are plenty of other games out there, or hell, I'll just to resume my Netflix subscription and watch movies instead. I'm not going to pay to get crapped on.
    Kaylord101 likes this.
  17. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

BUG REPORT (to distinguish this from the many non-bug posts here):

Attempting to zone into the Standard Guild Hall on Test gets me the following message:

This behavior used to happen as the instance needs to be "spun up" on the SOE server(s) but the message was changed years ago on the Live servers, currently on Live you begin loading the zone on your client at once and it just takes longer to load as you get the message the zone instance is loading.

So I'm assuming this is a bug.

After waiting a few minutes, I was able to zone into the guild hall, but again, this style of handling guild hall instance loading was made obsolete years ago, unless there was a decision to change it back.
  18. Kaelren New Member

Pets SHOULD be able to tank big stuff people opt out of those situations in favor of having friends tank and that's great but people choosing pet classes do it because the pet is a major asset. Keep on this road and you ruin it for the pet classes which is more than half your player base.

It seems more vital that you fix those good for nothing tank mercs so they can tank trash on par with the level of group. You cant get a tank merc to survive with just 1 healer merc healing it in chapterhouse with all the adds and nonsense you got going on in there. Mage pets off-tanking for a group without CC or a bard to pull is the only way to manage. Group tanks have too low hp/ac for this as well. You need somebody raid geared for the group content to tank it or an uber pet. This is really just nonsense. People are going to just walk away from the game after dieing a thousand times in the t3 zones yet to come out.
  19. Dolamight New Member

Canceled my recurring subscription, just wish i had know about pet nerf before i bought RoF for alt account. ftp/krono, or not at all. Wont give them another dollar of mine
  20. Gunz New Member

there seems to be major problems with instances on test center all over the place, its not localized to just the guild hall's. demiplane of blood, razorthorne, and just about every instance we have tried in the past 2 days with a full raid force has failed. hope someone is at least aware of this problem. it is not effecting the neighborhood hall.and i suspect anniversary instances arent helping it much either.

p.s. if you all would quit whining on the bug tracker posts we might actually fix some bugs....