Test Update 04/07/2020 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Apr 7, 2020.

1. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

this is why we can't have nice things.
    Monkman likes this.
  2. Monkman Augur

Ngreth,

Can you confirm what the bonus currency will be after 3/6/9mo for raids that currently give 10 per completion?

Also, any insight into which ornaments you picked to add to overseer and the pricing model for those? Since test is still down :(
  3. Forcallen Augur

Was it really intended that Bond of Vulak have an almost 500% increase in mana cost?
  4. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Hmmm... I see an issue with things sold in the bazaar that don't stack like packs. May cause more running around when you can only see one for sale on multiple vendors. You need 5 and keep hitting traders with only one for sale.

With this baz change showing only 1 sell line I think work should be done converting more items to be stackable. Containers and purity augs come to mind. I guess not the end of the world but both are items you are likley wanting more then one so knowing who has them would be good.
    svann likes this.
  5. Waring_McMarrin Augur

This is for people who are buying items in the bazaar not selling them. What was happening is that people where putting up multiple buy lines to cause other players to not return in the search results. This fix is to prevent that.
  6. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Ummm that is what I am talking about people buying items. If I want to buy say several stacks of food or I want to buy several extra planar purity augs I dont want to run to a guy who has only one for sale which I find out after getting to him and then have to search up another person.

Anything that I am buying multiple stacks of or multiples of items that don't stack I would want to know who has enough to cover my needs without having to run to multiple traders.

Increasing stack sizes and making non stackable items stack would help a lot.

Not even sure why they are doing this to the bazaar to be honest. They had already changed the default max results per trader to 20 to deal with this issue. . In fact I was the one who pushed them to make the change so that bazaar sellers couldn't prevent other merchants selling the same thing from showing in the lists.

At least with the max results setting you could "choose" to see more or less.

Another way to make this better would be to add a column on the baz so you could see people have x number of an item. It would still only show one line but people would then know who they can go to to get all of that item they need.

I guess if you dont actually run to the traders to get stuff it doesnt matter but I usually run around grabbing items.
  7. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

What they should have done with the bazaar and maybe barter (I dont deal with barter as much I am usually buying baz items) is add a field "Max Duplicate Listings" and default it to 1. Then players could go in the bazaar and if they need 5 stacks of food they could set it to 5 search and see which merchants can actually supply the amount they need.

Thinking about it I guess it doesnt matter on barter because it doesnt cost you anything to sell items via /barter so you are never running around things to people. It definitely makes a difference in the bazaar though if you dont want to pay for vouchers or extra plat to send things to your parcels.

Daybreak should just remove the plat cost of going to parcel that way you just parcel everything and it doesn't matter who has how much of things.
  8. Waring_McMarrin Augur

You are confusing people who go into buyer mode so that they can buy items from other players in the bazaar and people who go into seller mode so that they can sell other items to players. When you are in seller mode there is only a single price for your items no matter how many you have.

In buyer mode you set up lines for how many of an item you are willing to buy at a given price. So a buyer could set up that they want to buy an item for 100 plat and make 200 buy lines for that item that they want to buy from other players. This causes other people who are in buyer mode for the same item to not show up in searches.

This change will have no impact on someone who wants to buy items from traders in the bazzar, just people who want to set up a trader to buy them.
  9. Atvar Augur

Pre Patch Prices
    Akanon clockwork most pcs overseer merchant - 70000 tetra
    Akanon clockwork BP overseer merchant - 175000 tetra
    Common Agent Catalyst overseer merchant - 17500 tetra
    Crystallized Luck overseer merchant - 35000 tetra
    Crystallized Luck on the loyalty merchants. - 1000 crowns

Can anyone post the new pricing for the above, for comparison?
  10. Monkman Augur

Brews on test - 1900
    Akanon ornaments - 53k
    Robe - 125k
    new weapon ornaments - 63k
  11. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

You are right I did miss the buy part but my confusion was I thought we already had this in effect for the barter portion of the game? I

P.S. Thanks for sticking with me till I saw it :)
  12. Krazzi Elder

- Shadowknight - Your Damage over Time spells at or above level 71 have been adjusted so that they no longer stack with themselves, but now do more damage and cost more mana.

The damage upgrade to the dots is ok, actually makes them worth actually casting, but the mana cost is a bit excessive. Its about 5x higher mana cost for about 3x damage, and if you click Visage of Decay it's double. With 260k mana, i cast 1 of each of 6 different dots and it took 12% of my mana, it was 25% with Visage of Decay.
    Kurage_of_Luclin and Yinla like this.
  13. Xanathol Augur

It looks like the mana cost was calculated by adding up the last three spells in the line but the damage was calculated somewhere between the total of the last two and the third.

Ex.
    Blood of Inruku (live)
    227 for 6 ticks, 431 mana (3.160092807424594 dmg/mana)

Blood of the Blacktalon (live)
    279 for 6 ticks, 485 mana (3.451546391752577 dmg/mana)

Blood of the Blackwater (live)
    319 for 6 ticks, 561 mana (3.411764705882353 dmg/mana)

Vs

Blood of the Blacktalon (test)
    370 for 6 ticks, 916 mana (2.423580786026201 dmg/mana)

Blood of the Blackwater
    693 for 6 ticks, 1477 mana (2.815165876777251 dmg/mana)

431 + 485 + 561 = 1477 mana
    227 + 279 + 319 = 825 damage per tick, but instead, Blood of the Blackwater is set to 693.

Without adjusting, SK DoTs go from hardly use to never use.

Also, the SK only "Blood of" line of DoTs starts with Legacy of Ykesha, meaning all these spells were missed:
    Blood of Pain (41)
    Blood of Hate (63)
    Blood of Discord (66)
    Blood of Inruku (68)
    Wulfhere likes this.
  14. sojero One hit wonder

Not missed, they started at lvl 71 says so in the patch notes.
  15. Xanathol Augur

I was making an assumption that the level 71 start was due to the overlap with necro dots.
  16. Syylke_EMarr Augur

Going to have to agree here. The mana increase is over the top.
  17. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Easy to miss over sight detected. :)

The only Bow that can be purchased with Tetras on Test is the Soulseeker Bow Ornamentation. This weapon graffic is available already in game via a simple Pottery combine: Obsidian Scale Bow Ornamentation.

A suggestion: Darkthorn, Bow of Deadly Reign would be a popular choice as an ornament. It would likely bring Rangers into doing their overseer tasks that currently are not.

EQR Link to Darkthorn: https://items.eqresource.com/items.php?id=117452
    Gyurika Godofwar and Yinla like this.
  18. sojero One hit wonder

Just ran the numbers of my testing on test server vs a bard in group, and we are still behind bard dots

Here are my highest ticks from the short test i did, this was running self buff/burns (visage of decay + spire)

[Wed Apr 08 18:11:25 2020] Test One Hundred Three has taken 346901 damage from your Dire Convulsion Rk. II. (Lucky Critical)
    [Wed Apr 08 18:20:23 2020] Test One Hundred Three has taken 183972 damage from your Pestilent Darkness Rk. II. (Lucky Critical)
    [Wed Apr 08 18:13:50 2020] Test One Hundred Three has taken 470236 damage from your Blood of Ikatiar Rk. II. (Lucky Critical)
    [Wed Apr 08 18:20:23 2020] Test One Hundred Three has taken 333028 damage from your Plague of Zlandicar Rk. II. (Lucky Critical)
    [Wed Apr 08 18:10:18 2020] Test One Hundred Three has taken 374517 damage from your Nefarious Blight Rk. II. (Lucky Critical)

I didn't include twincasts

mana vs dmg, does seem off.
    Xeladom and Yinla like this.
  19. Monkman Augur

Agree with Jhenna, I knew when I saw that bow I had seen it before. It’s already in the game. All the others added are new/unique ornaments
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  20. Ngreth Thergn Developer

this was a request from players. I guess they didn't check to see it already existed (neither did I, I just went with their list)
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...ng-list-re-old-weapons-into-ornaments.261460/
    perhaps folks can start another thread.
    Jhenna_BB likes this.