Test Update 04/06/16

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by JChan, Apr 6, 2016.

1. JChan Developer

Server shutting down at 9:00AM PT. Estimated downtime is 3 hours.

Making substantial updates to internal systems. Nothing should change externally. Please let us know if you run into strange issues that didn't happen previously.
  2. JChan Developer

The update has completed and server unlocked. No update notes (internal changes only).
  3. Hellboy007 Augur

so you mean nothing with the game itself is chaining with the "Internal" changes?

So like hardware and server software updates and so on and nothing related to EQ server and client.
  4. JChan Developer

They're internal server and library conversions / upgrades. Nothing should change externally, but things could.
  5. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

OK you need to make a point of this so it isn't an issue. If there is no patch but you still need to run the patcher then please post it in the top post of this thread.
  6. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

On a positive note things seem to load faster. For me that was one of the biggest slow downs in the past. It always took me 3 to 5 minutes or more to load a character into the world from character select. Now it's a few seconds and I am not on a SSD yet. Still running a SATA 7200 RPM drive as my primary drive until I can snag a Samsung SSD later this year.
  7. Warpeace Augur

That sounds promising, load times have been horrible.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  8. Angahran Augur

I don't suppose any of these behind the scenes changes will help with lag on raids ?
    I'm running a system which should be able to run EQ with it's eyes closed and one hand tied behind it's back but I still get a slide show during some raids.

ASRock Z170 Extreme7+ LGA 1151 Intel Z170 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
    SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 512GB PCI-Express 3.0 x4 Internal Solid State Drive
    GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 960 4GB G1 GAMING OC EDITION
    G.SKILL TridentZ Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600)