Test Update 03/26/14

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by KevinMcP, Mar 25, 2014.

1. Dragari Journeyman

Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dougs of war.

Could not resist :)
  2. Siwin Nonesuch Elder

But will the rewards be worth the risk to go to Plane Of War?

I saw somewhere that items will be around Rain Of Fear Tier 2 raid HEM. I have no idea if thats true or not.
    Depending on the loot (Since EXP will be set so low) you could see a completely dead zone after the novelty wears off.
    I mean think about it, raiders will have mostly Call Of The Forsaken tier one raid loot, and groupers, well it sounds like they will get smoked.
    If this is the case, maybe I'm wrong and people will flock to it reguardless of raider, grouper, a little of both.

Example: Druid Tier 2 Rain Of Fear Druid ring http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=108799
    Example: Druid Tier 1 Call Of The Forsaken Ring http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=114737

I'm just speculating here as I have no idea what the loots will be like or the difficulty of the zone and zone trash mobs and the named mobs will be like.
    Anyways, it will be intresting to see.:)
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

15th anniversary stuff not in this as well?

No 15th anniversary achievements showing up
  4. Dzarn Developer

Sounds reasonable, I'll make it work that way.

Some of the spawns are currently repopping faster than intended (currently about 10 seconds). The intended fastest spawn rate in the zone is about 1-2 minutes for open field NPCs and 6-12 minutes for NPCs in enclosed areas. The spawn rate has been fixed on beta sever and should be fixed when the zone goes live.

Re: The exp.
    Currently the zone exp modifier is set to be a bit below other Planes of Power era zones, which themselves are about 1/4 of the multiplier of modern zones.
    I'll increase this 'a bit' from what it is currently set to on test, but I want to reemphasize that the exp per kill in the zone will not be 'good' by intent.
  5. Ravengloome Augur

I think the goblins should be left alone, and allowed to frontal backstab. It makes them more interesting ;)

So far from what i've seen on Test this is a pretty awesome zone. My group "cursed that dev that made this quest" for the first flagging quest, but after we got afew tips from wiser individuals we managed to work it out and say "well that was actually pretty cool".

So far from what i've seen in the zone: The trash is alittle tame after debuffing them... they could probably use a boost to their base, as it stands once debuffed they are just longish fights with little to no threat of death (other then the face stabbing mob).
  6. sojuu Augur

The post u quoted said and similiar abilities. Does that include monks moving mountains? I would hate to see the fling removed from this.
  7. Dzarn Developer

NPCs will continue to be immune to fling effects, but if a spell that they are immune to has an add-hate spell effect on it, you will get that amount of hate added.
  8. Axxius Augur

Are the rare drops (RoF T3 quality from what you've said before) designed specifically for PoW enabled on Test?
  9. sojuu Augur

Thanx for the clarification guess thats what I get for not reading the begining of the thread b4 posting.
  10. Genadine Elder

Let me get this straight;

Drops are worse than the new random drops now available.

High respawn rate so exp is set ultra low.

Insentive to go to PoWar apart from to have a looksee - non existant.

Why will anyone chose to go to a zone that has garbage exp lousy loot?
    beryon likes this.
  11. fransisco Augur

What about deagro fling effects? Like enchanters beguiling banishment and rangers fluster/blusterbolt?
    RPoo likes this.
  12. Dzarn Developer

The two spells listed use a knockback value on the spell and not a fling effect, so the NPCs in the zone will not be immune to those spells.
  13. Smallpox Augur

Good question(s)
  14. Wiji Elder

Plane of war sits in an area that is pretty cool I think; between groupers and hardcore raiders. Raiders will probably not care to flag 70 people for the "mediocre" loot, but a family guild could easy flag 20 people. I'm not sure this kind of design is intentional or will continue but I think it's pretty cool.

They have said some items will be the best in the game, and we've already seen one that all dual wielding classes will want.
  15. Sinestra Augur

I really appreciate you removing some of my pulling abilities from working in the zone. Really encourages me to play. Every time we get something you find some way to remove it entirely or negate it in some way.

If you're going to do something as ridiculous as remove the ability to use these skills every time we get something new, why not save our time and just remove them from the game entirely so we don't have to deal with this stupidity in the future?
  16. fransisco Augur

Thanks for the response Dzarn
  17. Edrick Augur

I bet at the end of progression that 'lousy loot' opinion would change, drastically. Nobody has gotten there yet.

The whole zone is cool, and its still being tested. It feels like Planes of Power. I almost feel home.
  18. Stubar Augur

Rogue---Cool ability to help with staying alive while dps'ing. Nothing important at all.

Beastlords---Important stuff like making pets all the same size when you summon them before you illusion them or shrink them.

THANK GAWD!!!!! Pet size game changer.
    Iila likes this.
  19. Chandrok Augur

The drops will return when the issue that caused them is resolved. There is no ETA on when this will happen but it has not been a simple thing to track down.
    Quatr likes this.
  20. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Thanks for the update. :)