Test Update 03/07/2023 - New Bugs Only

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Mar 7, 2023.

1. EQ Dev Developer

This thread is for new bugs and how to reproduce them only. Please keep all opinions, discussions, posts about balance, and anything else in the other thread.
    Patch notes and discussions thread
  2. MischiefTLP Augur

- Randomized Loot servers: Changed the randomized loot table used by Zi-Thuuli of the Granite Claw.
    Zi-Thuuli doesn't have a loot table.
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Copied beast over from Vaniki

She is still showing as completing 1/4 Banestrike even though she only has a couple of "skill" achievements done and the Progressive achievement isn't complete.

As I understand it now you need to have completed

Progressive for 2%
    Highly Decorated for 4%
    A force of Nature for 7%
    Megadeath for 10%
  4. MischiefTLP Augur

Logically it would be 2% if you have that specific slayer, 4% for 1 of 3, 7% for 2 of 3 and 10% for 3 of 3.
    I guess beneficial spells are automatically boosted 2%.
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I only have 271 AAs although the text from logging in adds up to 436

There was no refund for Focus of Arcanum or Gift of Mana.

Focus of Arcanum is listed as 0/4
    Gift os mana is listed as 0/3

So the AAs have been removed but not refunded.

Improved Familiar is listed as 22/22

So no change?
  6. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Megadeath is not showing that on test and the other 3 just appear to increase the AA to the next rank.
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

There is no real description of what is needed for the AA, all it says is improve. Unless they have changed it that you don't have to have killed X amount of a mob type for Banestrike to work, which would make no sense as that is what the whole slayer thing was all about.

/shrug

Its gonna throw class balance out even further than it already is....but hey, it's their world.
  8. Waring_McMarrin Augur

You can look at those AA and see what is rewarded and you will see what is needed.

Progressive for - Grants the next rank of the AA
    Highly Decorated for - Grants the next rank of the AA
    A force of Nature for - Grants the next rank of the AA
    Megadeath for - Doesn't grant anything for the AA

On a character with none of those AA done you still have rank 1 which is 2% and each of them will say the reward grants you the upgrade to 4%. It you can complete any of those three in any order to get up to 10%. And as Megadeath is just an achievement for having the other three done it has no impact on the AA.
  9. Riou EQResource

completing all 3 and getting megadeath are basically the same thing

Get any slayer achievement -> rank 1
    then the any of the 3 is +1 each (basically complete megadeath to get 4/4)
  10. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Sure, but Megadeath itself isn't required and is just a bonus of completing the rest of them. Also it is nice to know what gives rank 1.

The reason I say that Megadeath isn't required is because it can confuse people who look at that achievement and they don't see the AA upgrade as part of the reward.
  11. Brickhaus Augur

Looks like Paladin's Blessing of Life proc is broken on Test after patch.

Wanted to see what the banestrike change meant for melee damage so /testcopy-ed a 120 paladin over and had the Live and Test versions beat on a dummy in the guild hall with same buffs and equipment.

In over an hour parse, Live version had 327 casts of Blessing of Life ... Test version had zero.

Something isn't right....

Edit - Ignore me ... I had to use an old computer for the Test run and forgot to turn on all the logging. I'm not ... not good ...
    Metanis likes this.
  12. SteamFox Augur

The Anniversary merchant on Test is not showing any new items for this year yet. Maybe bug maybe feature, idk
  13. Corinthus New Member

All of the zone connection find points in Plane of Knowledge are missing on test. Not sure if this is a result of the latest patch or not because I haven't been on test in a while, but when using the zone guide to map out a route to a zone and that route uses a PoK stone, it no longer gives you a route or puts an X on the map where the relavent knowledge stone is because the locations are missing in the game find. Not a huge deal, but inconvenient.
    Svann2 likes this.
  14. Paladin Augur

STONE OF THE UNKNOWN 24th Anniversary Quest

The Mage leg, while solved, was a bit too deceptive, as it 'appears' the "ALL" Zones step can only be completed in Erudin Palace. That then leads you to Katta, where hailing the NPC gives you pre-existing (old) quest spam, unrelated to the current task. One is just expected to be EQ savvy enough to just say 'rune' to him.

On the giant leg, we are to find a giant who was unaffected by the curse and remains intelligent? Somehow related to the Rallosian Empire? No actual specific keywords to use noted? Changing the "ALL" zone reference to a specific zone would help tremendously on this one.

UPDATE: The giant has been found. I suppose if you are a tracker or have a tracker helping you, the giants presence in the zone would have been clear, since he is 20+ Levels higher than the rest of the giants. Otherwise, it's a happenstance guessing game, as his name is in lower case and starts with 'a' like a trash MoB, rather than a capitalized name like an NPC.

The 'marble' from volcanic areas 'deep' underground does not give enough info, imo. Example, is it a hard to find and see ground spawn? If it is, a zone needs to be noted (Sol A, Sol B, Sol C, Temple of Sol Ro... that's a lot of zones that 'appear' to be the ones to look in, atm... all of which we have tried so far). Or is it a MoB drop? Maybe it pops on your cursor if you find the right spot? Or, could it be a pre-existing item you can just acquire and hand in (I tried several 'marble-like' items to include black marble). At least some hint on the actual zone would be nice.

UPDATE: The item is now found, but the clues were WAY off base. It was not 'deep underground,' for one... and has nothing to do with vendors. The ore was on the surface and is No trade, so a Vendor will not give it a second look. Also the item lore mentions gold, not copper, as suggested by the NPC. You are then told to find an Ogre who was part of a small invasion on the Plane of Fire and related to the Rallosian Empire. Unfortunately, that lore is all about the Plane of Earth... we aren't finding anything that even mentions the Rallosians and Doomfire in the same lore, much less and Ogre that has any interest in the rock, at all.

This leg of the quest has yet to be solved and even the best players have hit a brick wall on it, to this point. Having red herrings is one thing, having nonsense irrelevant quest clues is another. I enjoy a good quest and puzzle. But this?

Here is one suggestion that may help resolve all these issues... remove the 'ALL' zone tag and list the actual zone the step is updated in.
  15. Paladin Augur

RE: Footloose and Fancy Free

The name of the book (that you hand in to finish up) is not the same as the name of the book listed in the task line.

May want to change one or the other.
    Yinla likes this.
  16. Salvanna Emberleaf New Member

24th anniversary mission Reetuk the Inexorable always crashes at the Confront Ralisa S`Lain step. She spawns but does not appear on track, then the zone crashes a min later. You can zone back in, she appears on track now and responds for the next step and you can complete the mission.
  17. Brickhaus Augur

Since Banestrike is now a built-in focus that cannot be removed from damage/healing, there is no way to back it out of parses (unlike the current proc). And since banestrike can vary from 0% to 10% (with what looks like in early parse attempts 0% to 4% real effect in totals), it changes our ability to parse accurately and every parse from here on out will have to list what banestrike level the character was at.

Can we get a toggle to turn it off and on?
  18. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Banestrike applies to everything and just like every other focus that improves damage/healing it will impact the parse in the same way. There is no reason to turn it off for parses.
    Paladin, Ozon, Svann2 and 1 other person like this.
  19. Brickhaus Augur

Yes ... but not everyone is on the same tier, so there's the potential of a 10% spread (about 4% in actual right now it looks like).

This is a problem since sometimes I like to parse things with different toons (same class). My mains are at 3/4 but all my alts are 1/4 ... a 5 percent spread (which will be 8 percent at some point this year I suspect because I have nothing else to work on for my mains).

That is bad when trying to tease out small changes.

Edit - AAs and gear are easy enough to add/change to make similar characters. I cannot simply add 5000 kobold kills to a character.
  20. Waring_McMarrin Augur

And that doesn't really matter when parsing as there are other differences between players besides this one AA line.
    Paladin likes this.