Test Update 03/06/18 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Mar 5, 2018.

1. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Will current faction be transferred over? If I'm KOS now will I still be, if I'm ally now will I still be? If I'm somewhere in between will I still be the same? Or will we all now start with the same faction?

Will there be a way to increase faction once you have lost it?
    Lorai likes this.
  2. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Will go out on a limb and say that would be zones included in original Everquest. It's aimed at the newest progression server launching later this month.
  3. Orbital101 Augur

Cedfer the Fish Monger -> Doesnt reply to hail
    A Formal Dinner Party -> Cleared the whole zone and only got 4 proofs out of 5... Its a very hardcore mission...

[IMG]

Lost but Not Forgotten -> Killed Sila and Harris and got no update nor any item on corpses like the other does. Unless I do something wrong?
    [IMG]
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  4. Coirnav Augur

- Many original EverQuest zones have had their experience modifier adjusted for balance reasons and/or to encourage variety in leveling.

Can you at least confirm/deny that dungeons will retain a slight ZEM bonus over open world zones as the always have?
  5. Darchon_Xegony Augur

I realize that creating AoC instances is time consuming but this does create an issue for the progression of 15+ raid guilds on Phinigel very shortly.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...tancing-request-reminder.246936/#post-3636024

The remaining mobs that weren't instanced:

Relic, the Artifact City
    These raid encounters are required to gain access to fight Daosheen the Firstborn:
    • Tsikut
    • Ashenback
    • Shar'drahn
    • Portio the Secondborn + Midnight

The Devastation
    These raid encounters are required to gain access to Razorthorn's raid instance:
    • The Great Military Commander - Example NPC is Bartol the Cragmaker, a chest spawns when they die with bones required for the quest.
    • Titanothon

Sverag, Stronghold of Rage
    This raid encounter is required to gain access to Razorthorn's raid instance:
    • Bold Invader - Example NPC is Aryer the Warlord, a chest spawns when they die with bones required for the quest.

Would it be feasible to do one of two alternative solutions:

1. Make all of these raid mobs instantly spawn in pickzones. While he's, I realize people may see this as an balance issue. People really don't farm these for loot. They kill most of them a handful of time to do flags and then farm Sullon/Sichuan/Deathknell.
    2. Change the respawn on these mobs down to something like 1-2 hours. Long enough that you don't want to sit on the same mob for weeks. Short enough that it will push most guilds through in era.

I would imagine these are lower time required fixes than creating entire instances.
    Boze likes this.
  6. Ghubuk Augur

Surprised no one has answered this yet.
  7. Funk Augur

The removal of the potion belt was a terrible move. Absolutely horrible idea, obviously by someone who has never played the game.

Leave it to you guys to bork something that was fine for 12 years for no reason whatsoever. When there is a mile long list of actual problems to work on.

I only want a row of 6 potion blocks....I cannot do this now. I am stuck with this absurd extra 12 block hotbar that cannot be minimized to only use 6.

Where is the accountability for these useless and highly questionable changes? I want to know your logic and reasoning for this. I'm guessing it the same guy who thought it was a good idea to consolidate AA's because he thought it was too confusing for us...when it was really only confusing for him.
  8. Sindaiann Augur

Totally agree.....either change hotbars to function like potion belts did, or leave potion belt in game
  9. Dulu Augur

I understand that @Prathun, you're a developer - and you have every right to do so.. but don't you find it kind of weird that you make these changes immediately before a server launches - that literally no one was asking for?

Similar to how right before Agnarr launched you "tweaked" the spawn rate and mob density in starter zones?

I feel like it might be a better path to actually try to make the game more classic-like instead of catered to whatever strange whim @Prathun decides.

Best case scenario, this is a neutral change that really does nothing to improve the quality of the leveling experience.
  10. Punchis-themonk Elder

+1 keep potion belt....
    +1 por instance needs
    Sumonerr_Tunare likes this.
  11. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Disappointed to see only 4 tasks and no new raid for the 19th anniversary especially with how lacking RoS expansion was.
    Lorai likes this.
  12. drEvil Lorekeeper

I think this is a good time for a dev to look at this long standing issue since they just fixed this bug
    which is along the same lines:

*** AA ***
    - Magician - Fixed a bug where rank 1 of Frenzied Burnout only increased 1-Hand Blunt damage rather than all melee damage.

The issue: Armsmaster's Breastplate (Tier 1 warrior OOW armor) has an effect with the same bug as above, it is only limited to incoming 1hb attacks. The effect really has no use at it stands with the wrong spell code. base2_1 in spell file should be -1 to match tier 2 BP
    [6376] Guardian's Boon
    Target: Self
    Resist: Beneficial, Blockable: Yes
    Focusable: Yes
    Casting: 0s
    Duration: 12s+ (2 ticks), Dispelable: Yes
    1: Decrease 1H Blunt Damage Taken by 15%

The tier 2 warrior BP Gladiator's Plate Chestguard of War has the correct effect of reducing all incoming attacks:
    [6392] Guardian's Bravery
    Target: Self
    Resist: Beneficial, Blockable: Yes
    Focusable: Yes
    Casting: 0s
    Duration: 24s+ (4 ticks), Dispelable: Yes
    1: Decrease Hit Damage Taken by 15%
  13. Fohpo Augur

Gotta agree, potion belt is huge QoL and good for gameplay. Don't understand the reasoning behind removing it.
    Lorai, Yinla and Fanra like this.
  14. Camoeb New Member

I’m all for making the warders in VT work like they’re supposed to. But please make sure they despawn correctly as well. My guild has cleared all the nameds leading up to them and have still seen them stay up in the instance.
  15. Ibadan Kun'Tirel Augur

Please revert the change to potion belts. Potion belts work in a distinct and useful fashion that is different from hotkeys, take up less space, are functional without opening inventory, etc.
    Lorai, Bigstomp, Lily and 2 others like this.
  16. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I'll add my vote to not understanding the removal of the very useful potion belt. It can do things normal hot bars can't. Why is it being removed?
  17. Cicelee Augur

I was surprised to realize the other day that killing VP nameds were not giving any faction hits. I figured at some point it would be added into the game. However this is something that, honestly, should have been found and fixed in Beta. While for my magician and bard it just means we have to finish mercenary/partisan/hunter within the next two weeks or so, it is going to be painful for those who are not done with the tasks.

As far as potion belt goes, I guess the biggest question I have is.... why remove it? Someone made the decision to remove them, and there has to be a reason why (after over a decade) they are being removed. All of us will adapt to the change, but this seemingly out of nowhere change at least deserves an explanation as to the why...
  18. Eonan Journeyman

What level ranges are we talking about here? I know you don't want to go into specifics on which zones but would be nice to see what level ranges are targeted with this.

Prove it!
    Rhaage likes this.
  19. Risiko Augur

If the intent with these changes is to encourage the player base to level in more varied locations rather than just taking the "One path to rule them all" road to level 50, then can we please get Stonebrunt Mountains and The Warrens added opened on day one of new TLP servers?

Both of these zones are great low level zones that don't inject any game breaking gear. As it is, they only open much later on in the TLP progression which is LONG AFTER they are of any use to the players that could have used them in the early levels.
  20. Symbius Augur

100% truth right here.

Potion Belt is vastly superior to just another hotbar. This change is awful.

Two easy fixes, make the hotbars function the way the potion belt does and also allow them to be resized down or scrap this stupidity right now.