Test Update 03/06/18 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Mar 5, 2018.

1. Drakang Augur

EOK T3 Raid. We do zero damage to the mobs and still it resets saying cinderscale is bored like he is not aggroed but he is not up. Ridiculous mechanic that needs to be adjusted.
    Greymantle and Lily like this.
  2. Darchon_Xegony Augur

While you look at this in the interim can you change the respawn time on the impacted mobs:

Relic, the Artifact City
    These raid encounters are required to gain access to fight Daosheen the Firstborn:
    • Tsikut
    • Ashenback
    • Shar'drahn
    • Portio the Secondborn + Midnight

The Devastation
    These raid encounters are required to gain access to Razorthorn's raid instance:
    • The Great Military Commander - Example NPC is Bartol the Cragmaker, a chest spawns when they die with bones required for the quest.
    • Titanothon

Sverag, Stronghold of Rage
    This raid encounter is required to gain access to Razorthorn's raid instance:
    • Bold Invader - Example NPC is Aryer the Warlord, a chest spawns when they die with bones required for the quest.

------------------

Going into PoR Phinigel has 17 guilds Demiplane flagged with 15 having cleared Demiplane.

These raid mobs currently have respawns ranging from 3-5 days. At 8 weeks (56 days), its impossible for all of the guild's who have completed the past expansion's content to even begin the flagging process for this next expansion on a server marketed for the ability to raid on your own time.

Please reduce the respawn of these 7 raid events down to something like 2-4 hour respawn. Something that makes it unfeasible for one guild to lock everyone out and short enough to let guilds progress on their own time. Feel free to revert this in a later patch should AoC instances be created and tested for use on TLPs.

But for now this is a necessary temporary fix to allow guilds to continue to raid content in era with having to batphone spawns at all hours. The loot on these mobs while good is nothing absurd and the ability to farm them daily by some guilds won't create any real sort of imbalance on a server with people already stacked on Anguish and Demiplane gear.
    Ryak, moogs, Xyroff-cazic. and 2 others like this.
  3. Boze TLP complaint factory

One of these mobs drops Last Bloods (still going for 4-10+ raid hours of DKP in guilds) and a few of them drop ~demi-plane tier 1-ish gear. I don't see any way that Aryer or Porthio are left up with the quality of loot they drop. It's just going to mean poop-socking and DPS races on raid mobs with all the associated chaos and griefing for probably most of the expac. Anything short of either adding AoCs or removing open world steps of the flagging process isn't going to solve the problem or contribute to the health of phinny.

With no downtime for a live patch announced yet, a week after a test patch on the usual patch day, I'm hopeful they can squeeze in some kind of fix. Like you said though, we've got a good number of raiding guilds, more than have ever been this far into a progression server, and I hope the devs can recognize that and help us out.
  4. Ngreth Thergn Developer

While I have heard in passing a possible reason why it does not do more damage, I do not know for sure. So I am not the one to answer this. I Don't want to pass on information that may be incorrect, and the AA's and Player spells are not a system I work on.
    Fadenye and Greymantle like this.
  5. Randragon Augur

Dear Ngreth;

Thank you for your timely and pertinent response to my post. We, in the Ranger Community, would like to thank you for giving us a jump off point to start with. Would you be so kind as to point us in the right direction to where we can send our pertinent information to with regards to this situation. Myself and others have sent in plenty of data but maybe it hasn't reached the right Developers Eyes etc.

We feel that this is a reasonable request to try and get this issue resolved. So any help would be greatly appreciated once again.

Sincerely,
    Randragon and the Ranger Community.
    Fadenye and Greymantle like this.
  6. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Dzarn is developer most responsible for AA's. Aristo for player spells.
  7. Greymantle Augur

EVERY time we have attempted this raid we run into this. VERY frustrating.
  8. Bigstomp Augur

It's for sure buggy. But usually if you make sure to aggro all the npcs that spawn and they don't get stuck anywhere and wait until all (I think it's 7) are up, it won't do that.
  9. Natal Augur

That was not an answer. I am usually in a group, but it is not full (3 real toons, the balance made up with mercs according to specific needs of the encounter). If a group is going into a mission I don't see why mercs should not be allowed.
  10. Lily Augur

The problem is that we don't get the 7th one to spawn before it resets.
  11. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

Make sure nobody is going out the far side of the room - if tanks are aggroing them AT the portal, then moving them, without them ever touching that bannister/sidestairs, you should be able to avoid it. if that isn't working for you, have someone set up a twitch/youtube showing the room while you do it, and i bet folks here in the community can solve it for you. reset on this one's always been a bit fiddly and if you have a tank that misses their pickup and it goes over that bannister, it will reset for sure.
  12. svann Augur

It has always been that you had to wait till all 7 are up before killing one. From what Im hearing that bug has gotten much worse since ros release. We havent done it since then so I cant comment any more than that.
  13. Ngreth Thergn Developer

you asked the REASON. the reason was in that answer.
  14. Nniki Augur

We noticed some weirdness last time we did it too (post-RoS release) with it resetting where we hadn't had any issues for the entire year it was current. We ended moving right in front of the portal and ended up getting through that part. We haven't gone back since, so can't confirm anything.
  15. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Prathun,

Any chance of an update on this topic? We fully understand DBG won't have time to AoC this expansion before the 28th. Are you guys considering any of the band-aid fixes players have suggested (lower repop timer, allow bosses to pop in pickzones, or my personal choice just simply delay the expansion a month, etc.) in order to make this expansion playable for Phinny? Delaying the expansion launch a month would be WAY better for Phinny players than just releasing it as is. Thanks for your attention :)
  16. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

When can we expect hot bars to work like the potion belt did?
  17. Hludwolf Developer

Next month some of the functionality will be back in.
  18. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Thank you for that.

Still, we are puzzled as to why the potion bar had to be removed before the replacement was ready. And why only "some" functionality rather than all?

Again, everyone I talk to wants the potion belt to remain and only Daybreak knows why something we want was removed.
  19. GoneFission Augur

That would certainly be very welcome. During the repeated rounds of AA reductions and consolidation the players have been asking for hot bars to remember what was previously there to help with fixing the impact of the AA changes. The potion belt requests are really much the same thing with a different description.
  20. Eanelder Augur

Although this does provide hope, the word some is just glaring at me. Any chance you could specify?

I'm going to assume there is likely some issues with transferring the "auto inventory" ability of the potion belt onto a hot bar? That and specifying the desired number of hot buttons visible on a hot bar seem like more than simple tweaking.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.