Test Update 03/05/2019 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Mar 5, 2019.

1. Mintalie Augur

Seconded! My pet "tells me" things so much it makes me absolutely mental.
  2. niente Developer

This is a good idea, but "told you," is used for cross server tells so we should probably come up with something more unique.
    Fanra and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  3. Mintalie Augur

"says to you" ?
  4. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

i for one, would personally love it if you made xserver tells use the same convention as regular, and then this for npc. =p
    Ssdar likes this.
  5. Angahran Augur

What would be great, now we can have a million and one tabs, would be to finally take the 'other' filter out behind DBGs offices and burn it!

Noone knows what is contained in the 'other' filter, it appears to be completely random.

Personally, it would be great if every single message 'type' could be a) filtered to show/not show and b) have it's own color.
    Obviously some things should not be able to be hidden, e.g. raid emotes, but this should be the exception, not the norm.

Additional filtering, e.g. mine/group/raid/all/etc would be great where appropriate.
  6. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

I would be even happier if they would turn cross server tells to and from Test back on. They've been off or broken for 4 years now.
  7. Lianeb Augur

Code:
    ^((?<!\s)[^\n\v\f\r])*tells you, (?!'Attacking |'I am unable |'By your command, master.')
    Is a decent tell received Gina Trigger

Edit*
    I guess that is not an audio trigger, now that I think about it
  8. Prismatus New Member

Checked out test tonight. This chat UI change is... not great.

Pros: I can sort combat into like 15 different tabs.
    Cons: That's the only thing I can think of that might save space.

Requiring chat window names AND chat tab names just makes for more window bloat. There's not even a difference between clicking on the window or the tab for the contextual menu.

At least include an old chat UI option when this goes to live.
  9. Cayz New Member

Defending Knowledge Anniversary Misson on Test is still broken. You’re able tonget the mission in Plane of Knowledge, zone into the Plane of Tranquility instance, in mitigate the quest by speaking with the NPC, but there is no “Horn of Unity” to click on (blow) to start the waves of mobs.
  10. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

11. Hatestorme New Member

Okay I ran through the new tutorial with a couple different toons and so far have found no bugs. I did all the quests and all ran fine with no issues....BTW I love the new look of the tutorial I think it looks awesome. On a side note I have noticed Random drops in the game since the last update not only for me but for a lot of people. Random client crashes where there is no Disconnected notice no lag nothing the game just disappears and when you try to log back in you have to boot the character you just lost the game with seems the number of people that are experiencing this is growing , I see new people mentioning it happening to them every day. thanks for the tutorial update and hope you guys look into this random client crash thing
  12. Hatestorme New Member

how about the npc "whispers" to you ?
  13. Hatestorme New Member

I love the new look of the tutorial they changed it a lot....I didn't experience and "ghost" remnants at all
  14. Sumteengex Journeyman

Test is down as well as live servers for patching today?
  15. Hatestorme New Member

hopefully they will address the random client crashes a lot of folks are getting since the last patch
    Xeladom likes this.
  16. Hatestorme New Member

holly hell a 8 hour update didn't we just have a update...and it says Everquest LIVE servers why is test down if live is just getting the last update we got ??
  17. Claritys New Member

Please give us the option to turn the tabs off. It's a horrible design. And while you're at it remove the window borders.

Thank you.
    Yinla likes this.
  18. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

Can we have a way to add back tell windows like they previously were?
  19. Oakna New Member

Go to your Everquest\AudioTriggers\shared folder and create a new file that ends with the .wav extension. For this example we will call it Null.wav. You might need to camp to desktop and then log back in before being able to select this as a new audio trigger sound file in-game.

Create the following audio triggers and assign to them your newly created Null.wav file:
    tells you, 'That'll be
    tells you, 'I'll give you
    tells you, 'Welcome to my bank!'
    tells you, 'Come back soon!'
    tells you, 'A fine donation!
    tells you, 'We graciously accept your
    tells you, 'I cannot accept your
    tells you, 'You have increased your skill in
    tells you, 'I am unable to wake
    tells you, 'Attacking

Below those assign a real audio trigger to:
    tells you, '
    told you, '

Your audio triggers with the Null.wav will act as a filter and stop any sound playing from NPC generated tells.
    Moege and Yinla like this.
  20. Kasartik New Member

Is anyone able to get on test now? I have 2 installs of eq, one for live and one for test. I tried both installs switching servers to test and validating files. It shows test as up but I cannot get past character select no matter what I try. If anyone has fixed this issue please give me a heads up on what you did. I play exclusively on test now since it's really more fun than the live servers. Very frustrating.
  21. Wild one New Member

I am unable to get into test; I patched to live and can get in just fine, back to test and just fails to load after char select, I have tried more then one toon.