Test Update 03/05/2019 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Mar 5, 2019.

1. Orbital101 Augur

I was asking because mostly every anniversary are up on test but GMM wont until they decide to open it up on live to give everyone a fair chance to start at the same pace. Hopefully the zone come bug free and that it also come with a map included in the patch . :p
    Gyurika Godofwar and Yinla like this.
  2. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Thanks. That means a fix to the 8 relics is easy (HP lock) but the shards... not so easy.
  3. jeskola pheerie

It would be silly to let Test Server test it.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  4. CrazyLarth Augur

Well l can only assume the NPC that starts the 20th annv quest tasks is in GMM since GMM is the only text that Mechanical Fortune Teller gives when asked about the 20th annv.
  5. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

Yep, we wouldn't want it to be bug free and fully functional on launch. Definitely want an emergency patch to fix it a few days after it launches since the anniversary starts on a Saturday. ROI won't be getting the raids down on day 1 without actually putting on their thinking caps this time!
  6. xxGriff Augur

In the midst of this thread, I wanted to take a moment to thank the Dev's for (from my memory) the 1st attempt to address the issues with instances on Test. I know we all are cautiously hoping this patch fixes the issue, and more than willing to work to completely resolve this longest of bugs on Test! Thanks!!!
    Hatestorme and klanderso like this.
  7. Leifen Augur

Not sure if this is the right place but,
    The new tutorial runs smooth, the graphics are much nicer.
    In the area where you find Prathuns sword under the water I got stuck under water and couldn't get out. I did eventually find a place where I could get up and out but it was like I was under ice.
    Hatestorme likes this.
  8. Captain Video Augur

You broke a quest. Most of the iron gates in and around the jail are missing. There are two cells containing slaves which can be rescued, and their cells still have gates, but they can no longer be opened. It is necessary to enter one of their cells and speak to one of the slaves in order to get the quest!

Also, the geometry in the jail room outside Ruga's room has changed, such that it leaves a barrel embedded in the side of a wall, in the corner where there are two barrels.

Also, I am not a huge fan of the excessive ground foliage in the rebellion area. It makes it much harder to pick out all of the NPCs there, many of whom are tutorial quest-givers. Please let's not forget there are still occasional brand-new players to the game who have never seen any of this before.
  9. Dalsina Lunrais

New mob models :) ?
  10. Cadira Augur

So.....mearatas raid rebalance not happening til april or...?
  11. Orbital101 Augur

We always have our thinking caps on. Beside, nothing as been officially planned for us to raid anything as soon as they become available.
  12. svann Augur

I hope not, probably.
  13. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

When you log out in a quick logout zone, you hit the yes to bypass the 30 sec timer and it closes the client. Did this in POK and also in Guild Lobby. When you go to log back in it says you still have a character active. Tried it on 2 different characters both did he same thing.
  14. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

New Tutorial Zone: The 2 very large boxes in the room with Hobart/Maddoc. Between the boxes is the old intractable Skull and Bones, the left box partially covers it.
  15. Lenwu New Member

I as well am looking for a way to do this, i like my background to be black and not the default stone look. Anyone have an idea yet how to achieve this?
  16. Karm New Member

The Coirnav TLP has now got to POP and assumed that the bard BP from Tunare was a bug that it did not get affected by instrument modifiers, making it inferior to the actual song.. I was excited to get Ornate/Elemental gear with clicky songs to improve my lineup to only find they also are not affected making them worthless.

Can this be looked at?
  17. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

My entire comment was intended as heavy sarcasm. That wasn't a shot at ROI or anything. I was just making fun of the fact that the 20th anniversary content is going to be totally untested by anybody and likely to be extremely buggy and crash a lot while requiring an emergency patch.
  18. svann Augur

I dont know about that item but clickies in general never get focused.
  19. Riou EQResource

Parts of it were tested during Beta
  20. xxGriff Augur

Random DC and client crashes. happened several (5 times total, 2 on one system 3 on the other- laptop) times across my 2 systems today. Also, attempted Defending Knowledge and cannot begin mission once in. there is no horn. tried 3 times and no horn to begin once inside the instance.
    Hatestorme likes this.