Test Update 02/26/2020 - New Bugs Only

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Feb 26, 2020.

1. Froglok Augur

A little feedback...

I sort of like the Overseer thing, even if I do have some reservations. I think it can provide another element to the game, especially in down time and not enough of your friends are on to tackle anything major.

I assume the Overseer coin will allow players to buy a list of items sold by a special vendor that will be somewhere in game (maybe in PoK or each city)? If so, in addition to any items all ready planned... please add the following into the plans and / or give them serious considerations:

-Bag of (Group Coin) & Bag of (Raid Coin) not sold by the Loyalty Vendor, that is at least 3 expansions old. (Using raid coin is locked behind flags / progression (vendor is usually loot locked) and acquiring this older coin, especially raid coin, is near an impossibility these days since no one raids old stuff on any regular basis (if at all) in order to earn enough raid coin to buy even one item. While older raids are sometimes unlocked to all, they often cannot be beaten by one player, boxed toons or even 1 group of individual players (not to mention no mercs), due to the mechanics involved. By selling bags of coins, players who have unlocked the vendors can buy those old R3 spells, circle clickies and other items they always wanted, but will never be able to acquire otherwise.)

-No flagging rewards, please. (There is enough unlocked all ready. Older flags / access, for the most part, is very easy to get or not as hard to get as it once was. You just have to go do it! Unlocking stuff generally makes older content obsolete, rather more attractive as a place to go adventure. Leave the flagging place, and the reason to go there also stays in place.)

-Overseer Related Achievements (and AA's, awarded from the Achievements?). (Achievements are actually an important aspect of the game. They can not only award special items; extra XP of varying types; be used as requirements for quests / progressive items (i.e. ToV Earring); but they are also very useful to figure what your character has done and / or needs to do... providing you with a way of browsing options of what to do, or make plans to do. Of course, they can also award special Overseer awards as well (special agents; categorical Overseer XP boosts; unique in-game items...). How about special Overseer related AA's, like an AA that reduces Quest time by 1-5% per level, up to 25%? Another to reduce Agent recovery time in the same fashion?)

-RE: Marketplace costs to Finish Quests Now or Recover Agents Now: It is possible these costs can be related to the time that is being by-passed? Example, if the timer is 12 hours, and the Finish Now costs are X, then an hour later, 11 hours are left and the costs drops to Y, at 10 hours it drops to Z and so forth? I don't think players would be willing to pay "Finish Now" costs of X which would by-pass 12 hours on the clock, if it still cost X when only 1 Hour is left on the clock. But they may be far more willing to pay those costs, if they got cheaper and cheaper as the timer ticks down. (PS I do hope there will be a pop-up that asks if you want to spend X, rather than just spending it flat out).

-Large Bag(s) please.

-Sell back options, please!
  2. Drewie Augur

When looking at the TS rewards for an Overseer task, clicking on a TS item either shows the item (as intended) or somehow resets the window.
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Overseer quest - Secure the Shipment

has benevolent listed as a bonus twice.
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Overseer

Out on a limb - Level 2 Common Research - Cannot preview rewards
    Farstone out - Level 2 Easy Reasearch - Cannot preview rewards
  5. Inga Elder

There are other quests with double bonuses.

Side Business (Level 1 Common Trade) Bonuses: Fierce, Fierce
    Success
    default: 58%
    Common Merchant (1): 61%
    Common Merchant (1) with Fierce: 67%

Any Profit is Good Profit (Level 1 Common Trade) Bonuses: Rugged
    Success
    Common Merchant (1) with Rugged: 67%

Strings that Bind (Level 1 Common Trade) Bonuses: Dwarf, Citizen
    Success
    Common Merchant (1) with Citizen: 64%

Bringing the Beets (Level 1 Common Harvesting) Bonuses: Heroic, Heroic
    Success
    Common Harvester (1): 61%
    Common Harvester (1) with Heroic: 67%

I am not sure if it is working as intended or not.

Elite Level 1 quest Colors of the Chroma 4th slot Explorer has Bonuses: Monstrous and Negatives: Monstrous.
    Is this working as intended? Does it give more success rate and more critical failure rate?
  6. Ngreth Thergn Developer

yeah, when the arms are in your bag, it can't remove the power source augments.
    The correct method is to keep wearing the arms., remove the power-source, then the arms will be available for a combine (assuming no other augment)

As a user experience update, I can see if they can ignore hidden augments and allow the combine on those (It's harmless to destroy hidden augments) For now. It's just a niggle to deal with and better safe than sorry.
  7. Ibadan Kun'Tirel Augur

Magician, AA, Elemental Conversion, still returns reduced mana when pet has mitigation buffs up. Can we make both the dd component and the mana return component unmitigated?
  8. Simplistik New Member

Overseer quest : Copy Cat
    Quest finished with critical success cant collect reward (button wont de-press) ties up active quest and 2 adventurers.
    Grigano and Usbak