Test Update 02/25/15

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by Hludwolf, Feb 25, 2015.

1. Hludwolf Developer

*** 16th Anniversary Quests ***

- Cleansing the Grounds - The Brewers Campfire is now tradeable and can zone with you.
    - Korcust's Royal Pain - The forageable key teeth can now be traded but will disappear if removed from the zone.
    - Dead Dragons - This quest's minimum level is now 75, which matches most others.
    - Dead Dragons - Added text to the quest window to indicate that players can use the Find window to follow Ankra as he moves.
    - Dead Dragons - Changed the achievement to point to the correct task ID.
    - Pirates of Timorous Deep - The text on the map now indicates that Captain Jack Aviak will want to see this item before he returns to land.
    Kallitank, Rainbowdash and Lisandra like this.
  2. WhtRabbit Lorekeeper

Nice update and thank you for taking our feedback into consideration.
    Azzurri likes this.
  3. Lisandra Augur

Going to test Cleansing the Grounds again and see if we can get past the lake fight. It seems to be the choke point now and I'm not sure if it's bugged or not but will let you know what we find out once the server is back up.
    Kallitank likes this.
  4. Rainbowdash Augur

Seems like some of the Anniversary npcs were pulled! =X
  5. Lisandra Augur

What? Why? Also uchat is down on Test at the moment.
  6. Hludwolf Developer

Test going down and coming back up to fix a problem. Downtime should be 15-30 minutes.
    Lisandra likes this.
  7. EQJunkie76 Journeyman

It'd be nice for the Dev Team to be more transparent; What problem?
  8. Stell_CT Elder

He could of just bounced the server and not said anything instead. Sometimes things must happen without an explanation given. Give an inch, Want a mile....
  9. Rainbowdash Augur

So we did The Grounds again. Not boxing this time, a group of real people. I watched it this time and it definitely dropped the task due to a mob hitting the water and it failed us. Which in and of itself is ok and not a bug. BUT I hope you take into consideration some of these tweaks to make it a bit more feasible =X

(Note: The below only applies to the infected mobs that spawn during the 'lake event'. Rest of the zone trash are perfectly fine)
    !. Lower their hp a bit. 2/3rds-3/4ths their current hp would go a long way towards making them much more manageable.
    2. Don't let them mez. The mez is fine for the regular trash. I have no complaints about it like some would. However for this part where you almost assuredly HAVE to kite many mobs, it kinda isn't a good thing if some of them can mez you for 60 seconds!
    3. Consolidate their spawns a bit. They're spawning like all over the lower half of the zone atm. We had someone running around in a giant oval from one side of the zone to the other with Selos trying to catch every mob and one still slipped past. Some of them are quite small and with such a large spawn area it's pretty easy for one to slip under the radar and then it's all over...
    Lisandra likes this.
  10. Riou EQResource

It would be nicer if the Grounds task also just reset that step instead of dumping the entire task and wasting like an hour of your time too :p
    Lisandra likes this.
  11. Orbital101 Augur

find wich type mezz, have your group kill those while the kiter keep taging the others... should only have one type that is mezing. After 15-20 mobs they stop spawning, make sure you drag them away from the lac and start peeling them to kill. Mezz also have a range so dont kite them within range. bard can DA, cleric can DA for a very long while with Virus DS this just fine at is beside the task ending if fail when it should keep going till a win or a quit but without the bonus.
  12. WhtRabbit Lorekeeper

- Cleansing the Grounds - Still too hard. I've seen multiple highly competent teams go in and they still cannot complete this mission. The part at the lake is just too much. Please consider additional adjustments to this mission's difficulty.

- Dead Dragons - The text to use find is fantastic and I thank you again. However now you have to make sure the "Show only items I can use" is checked "Off" to see him. No big deal but I suspect that will be confusing to people.

- Dead Dragons - Agro Radius is still extreme and I hope you folks will consider toning it down.

- Pirates of Timorous Deep - I've done this mission a few times. I think it's ready to go as is and should be lots of fun for the players. However, I would like to suggest a tweek.

People like me who box a lot or have old computers turn off things like particle effects, sound and even shaders etc to improve performance. Would you be willing to add a pop up box that "Strongly Suggested" they turn on these effects or included a Flashing red text Emote on the screen that the informs the player action is needed during the final encounter?

- Pub Crawl - Word has come down that this mission has finally been won. So nice to know it works. However, I'd fully expect a lot of confused, fist shaking with this one. The lack of hints (IMO) just kills any joy at discovering what it takes to win this. My earlier post on this mission was not exaggerated.
    What I heard Rainbowdash had to do to win this was not fun!

On that note, RBD's herculean effort to test that mission should not go unnoticed.

[IMG]

Good Job man!
    Rainbowdash and Lisandra like this.
  13. Lisandra Augur

They rolled this out on Friday but it still needs some adjustments

- Cleansing the Grounds - Reduced the HP of infected NPCs by 20%. - Not sure if that is enough because of the massive amount of mobs & the total chaos of them spawning all over the place. There aren't that many main bards left & very few enchanters so crowd control is scarce.
    - Cleansing the Grounds - Reduced the number of waves of infected NPCs that try to infect the lake. - Most players in the modern age aren't going to invest 1.5 to 2 hours for constant fails so this really needs to be adjusted. An option to reset and try again would be really good here along with narrowing the amount of mobs over all and making them spawn in a more specific space. See above about crowd control.
    - Korucust's Royal Pain - Corrected an error that could name the wrong person when foraging for key parts.
    - Korucust's Royal Pain - Killing the doppelganger enemies in this mission will no longer affect your factions.
    - Korucust's Royal Pain - Improved the messaging when players kill the drakes in the incorrect order and cause more to spawn.
    - Korucust's Royal Pain - Added a check to make sure that drakes keep spawning if you have not yet killed enough groups in the correct order.
    - Korucust's Royal Pain - Corrected an error that would leave you within the existing Chardok dungeon if you dropped the task early.