Test Update 02/12/2019 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Sancus Augur

That's a bug, which you should post here.
  2. Barja Bardagi New Member

Any chance of getting the Secret Dawn Tower Shield AC patched? It's ~146AC low.
  3. Kampfer New Member

In regards to the EXP loss for me from live to test. I play a halfling warrior and am level 110 and 23% exp into the level. At approximately 2:00pm EST today, I did a test copy. About 5 minutes later I logged into test and logged my character in the guild lobby. Checking my level, I was now 109 and 36% into level 109. So a net loss of 67% EXP.

As a casual play for ~18 years, I enjoyed the bonus afforded to me and dislike the the removal of my hard earned experience. Please consider alternate ways to implement this change such as implementing on new characters or characters under a certain level where the percentages have minimal impact on end-users. For higher level characters, consider a glyph of experience for the characters that contain the lost exp that they would have received.

I have added to the bug report as well I just wanted to express what happened to me and offered some other things to think about.
  4. Kinadorm Augur

I don't think the change is affecting the exp totals the character currently has but it is increasing how much exp is now required for each level. So it looks like you are losing exp since we don't see raw numbers. Since each level now requires more exp points you could even lose your level if the new requirement exceeds the amount of exp you currently have. To everyone affected it is going to look like they "lost" a lot of exp if/when this goes live.

What I think is happening using made up numbers:
    A halfling rogue used to need 90,000 exp points to get level 110 instead of the 100,000 that other characters required. After this change the halfling rogue still has their 90,000 exp points but now 90,000 exp points only gets them to level 109 so they lose their level until they earn 10,000 additional exp points. If most of your gear is required level 110 you now have a big problem.

A lot of characters were created with these bonuses in mind so in my opinion they should leave them in place.
    Yinla likes this.
  5. Tucoh Augur

I dont have anything to contribute to this conversation except to say that im having fun hanging out with Herodotus in assassin's creed Odyssey.
    Herodotus likes this.
  6. Addikeys Elder

After test-copying today, I can confirm that I lost about 20% of level 110 as a halfling druid.
  7. Dzarn Developer

The issue where certain race/class combos are 'losing' experience is wholly an artifact of /testcopy.

The way that experience functions necessitated a change to the experience code in addition to a change to character data. During downtime all test server character data was updated to match the changes made to the experience code.

Characters being copied to the test server aren't updating their experience values to reflect the new code and are thus appearing to lose experience.

It will not be an issue with the live update.
    Egat, So Happy, Yinla and 6 others like this.
  8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Will this happen if anyone transfers servers?.
    Will this happen with /beta copies for the next expansion?
  9. Horyuken Augur

No & No.
  10. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

Are you planning to fix the issue on Test then?
  11. Waring_McMarrin Augur

From reading what he says it appears the issue is because the fix is on Test but it is not on Live and once this is pushed to Live that issue will go away.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  12. Dewey Augur

It is too bad that we can't do /testcopy to test this patch on test for this patch... I had something I really wanted to look into.
  13. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Not in this patch. But I can look at it for March's
    Yes. This issue is that the Live and Test server code is different, and when copying something on live code to test code, the exp change doesn't "update"

Once live and test have the same code, a new testcopy will fix your characters.

Unfortunately, some things are not testable with /testcopy.
  14. Natal Augur

My healer mercs run out of mana all of the time, much more so than a real player IMO. Mana use is nominal in balanced or efficient modes, but those modes will not keep your tank up in anything other than trivial content. As practical matter you have to run them in reactive mode (and even then it is not enough in a lot of content). The situation is different with nuker mercs, they don't run out of mana unless they are in burn mode. Healers absolutely do run out of mana, especially in TBL.

While you are at it, could you add some code to ensure that mercs only attack the MT's target when the tank is tagged as the MT? On fight fire I frequently have my rogue merc run off an suicide on rooted mobs when the current target goes inactive. My shaman's pet tends to do the same thing, even though he has all of the pet hold AAs, and is supposed to only attack unless ordered to. There is some aspect of pet/merc code that appears to be broken, because they are not supposed to be doing that.

In the longer term, could you look at merc healer code and perhaps add some tools to allow players to tune their behaviour a little? For example, in TBL content you often get damage spikes, but mercs tend to sit around and wait instead of spot healing right away in the way a real player would, which results in the tank dying often. This is a big problem on any mob that is very spiky in damage output. In my crew I run a shaman, and I have to basically spot heal with him since the mercs are too slow in healing when it is really needed. Which, by the way, is when they don't run out of mana because they are not healing much if at all, lol. I would be nice to be able to toggle on an "aggressive" healing mode on them for TBL content especially (damage spikes in most older content appear to be within their range of response behaviour - then it becomes more a case of how well their mana holds out).

For reference, my crew consists of my warrior (my main toon), a real shaman and a real rogue. Usually I run two healer mercs and either a melee or caster dps merc, depending on what exactly I am doing at the time.
    kizant and Yinla like this.
  15. eliandra Elder

possible in next patch to buy with raid currencies the augment (right and left eye of sul please ) ? we no longer do this event , and need lot of preflag to do it in open raid .... (and other stuff useless )
    Angahran likes this.
  16. kizant Augur

A single healer merc on reactive will run out of mana very quickly. I'll often run one merc out of mana while a 2nd is on efficient and then swap the settings when one is low until both are oom. It isn't a recent thing with TBL either. I mean unless you're tanking with an SK or Paladin and healing yourself or something I don't see how anyone could think they're OP as far as their mana is concerned.
    Warpeace, Yinla and Koryu like this.
  17. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

We're not going to copy over our primary toons just to make it an easy fix. If this affects toons that already exist on Test prior to this patch last week then you need to find another way to fix it.

If it only affects copies after the patch then I'm fine with the solution you've offered.
  18. Boze TLP complaint factory

Underfoot changes don't appear to be in the Live patch notes. Did they not make it in from test?

Also fwiw, when I test copied from phinny yesterday I Gained two levels!
  19. Ngreth Thergn Developer

The only broken characters are characters that did a testcopy.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Yinla like this.
  20. 123shamen New Member

um WARPING when your mid flight and get launched back to beginning of trial causing you to fail achievement. so unless the auras are floating around the center of the circle in mid air or out to the edge of where your supposed to land. yeah you didnt fix the problem.