Test Update 02/12/15

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by Hludwolf, Feb 10, 2015.

1. Sancus Augur

This isn't a bug with this particular patch, but...

Is it possible to have the range on reporting pet damage expanded? It's absolutely tiny. Or, as an alternative, my pet damage could report to me regardless of range, which would be absolutely awesome... It's really annoying to right have to stand next to the mob if you want to know parse your DPS.

And, while it isn't as big, could pet procs report to people other than me?
    Brohg, Benzarden and Lisandra like this.
  2. Deloehne Augur

I would not favor this ability. Swarm pets lag raids enough already.
    Elricvonclief and Yinla like this.
  3. Aelen Augur

Seconded. The echo ranges could use a little bump. Not so huge that small zones are super obnoxious, but enough that ya don't need to get lost in the mob's model to reliably see whats what.

And the fact that non-melee pet damage of any kind just doesn't echo to anyone else always struck me as silly.

Also nice to get DoT echoes at the mob.
    Critical hit and non-Critical hit echo range standardized.
    Melee damage/direct damage/damage over time echo range standardized.

And if it isn't too much trouble, maybe even make the echo range of a mob take into account the sheer size of a mob, so that it extends out and doesn't get lost for excessively large raid mobs.
    Lisandra and Sancus like this.
  4. Sancus Augur

I've never experienced lag due to swarm pets on raids (and we have a bajillion Necs/Mages). With that being said, you already are getting swarm pet damage reported to you if you're in melee range. Ideally it would report directly to me, so I don't have to stand anywhere near the mob. And, if it's a huge issue, they could add a filter...

In many raids I'm missing 25% or more of the damage I do because I can't parse pet melee DPS from where I stand. It's really annoying.
    Lisandra likes this.
  5. Silv Augur

Haven't seen some of these updates in Test spell data but it has only been a few days... However, is this going live this week? Original test patch was delayed a day but historically (haha that's rich now right?!) it's a week lag time till live implementation. I'd really love to see these changes go in (and I think a lot of raid guilds especially would as well, as many start their "raid cycle" on the weekend [Sunday]). And before some of you go crazy, please note I didn't say all raid guilds. :rolleyes:

I would *LOVE* for one of their next projects to be implementing additional "filters". Splashes, heal wards, certain types of pets, different NPC effects... they are all either spamming or missed because of the broad nature of our current options.
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

add wizzys, rangers, bards, and anyone else with a pet proc and lag is crazy, I think it was the pillars raid, it was hits that triggered the mob or removed the rune, we throw everything at it. We also used pets on the Morell's Castle Raid, when the only other thing that could hit the NPC was the shrouded guys.
  7. Benzarden Augur

Not only pets. If there is a way to flag it, I'd like to see the range get expanded for all types of damage in instances only. As a caster, I can't pick up other people's dps reliably at all. If mobs are spread out, like in Tita's Ghost for example, it's impossible for anyone to get an accurate parse.
  8. Ranndom_TheUndead Augur

Yea, a section under options to increase/decrease the pick up range of damage/spells/pets/ etc would be great
  9. Sostenes Augur

So does this mean the Seal slot will be coming back for TDS cultural?

Thanks,
    Sostenes
  10. Sostenes Augur

Sorry, I confused seal to emblem :p
  11. Vanrau Augur

Full raids of 54 on first time kills are not handing out achievements and currency to random people on those raids. Since customer service no longer supports these types of issues, a fix for this would be greatly appreciated. If you need examples, I can give out when and where.
  12. Angahran Augur

Now, if you could modify every 'wolf/werewolf' spell so that it automatically shrunk people the to minimum size that would be great!!
    Or, add an AOE Shrink item that was not limited to group members.
  13. svann Augur

Dots are only reported at the caster. Nukes are only reported at the mob.
    Both of these things interfere with accurate parse.
    If you want us to be able to parse other people then everyone in the raid should see everyones damage.
    OTOH, if you dont want people parsing other people then ONLY show damage to the person casting it.

I can understand that some people dont want parsing of others because of misuse, but this half-accurate parsing is the worst choice.
    Lisandra likes this.
  14. Brohg Augur

what misuse, svann?
  15. Raynard Augur

Could you clarify the intent of the change to the mephit minions in the lichen creep raid - a cunning plan? These mobs continue to hit for 28k+ from the very start of the event on test server. This is not related to a power up from leaving the bosses un-aggroed, as it happens before even a few keys have been looted.
  16. Splody Journeyman

Seconded.. These mobs are not just using this from afar, as the patch seems to indicate. I imagine this is a means to prevent kiting, but they are doing it at point blank, and often.