Test Update 02/12/14

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by KevinMcP, Feb 12, 2014.

1. EverChanter Augur

Tryin to slip this in under the rader eh? Why was this NOT included in the patch notes and ninja posted into page 4?
    Dexar and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  2. Septix New Member

This change is ridiculous and more than just an attempt to redirect FV alts to buying their upcoming heroic chars and market pots. Many of us xfer to FV solely for the xp curve provided and not the gear, yet you are removing part of this benefit. You really need to start letting people transfer off this server if rules are going to change after all this time. If anything, these pot sales promote server economy/plat cycle, alt playing and subscriptions.

Also, non FV players need not chime in on this ninja nerf as your viewpoint is likely skewed in the first place.
    Dexar and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  3. Detra New Member

I think it's a great idea. Although I do agree they should beef up the SC Xp pots and possibly lower the cost. That combination will increase revenue which is good all around for the game.
  4. Raynard Augur

Changes to Assassinate/Head Shot/Decapitate on Test server after this patch. 10 hour parses before and after the latest patch, same buffs, etc.

Decapitate is now an activated ability for the last 3 ranks, with a 10 second refresh. Base hits for 182472, crits for 419685 regardless of level for any mob 99 and under. My berserker formerly proc'd it around 10 per minute with just autoattack, now its a guaranteed 6 per minute. Still crits it around 52% of the time. Bottom line on my berserker, formerly 50 kdps on 88 and below, now 30 kdps on 99 and below.

Assassinate still works the same as it always has, any backstab can be an assassinate. Base hits for 259542, crits for 631928 regardless of level for humanoid mobs 99 and under. Damage mods cannot bring the crit damage over 750k, it appears capped at that point. Still crits around 28% of the time. It still works on riposted backstabs from knave's return strike. My rogue formerly generated around 15.5 per minute using just backstab from behind, and now generates around 3.5 per minute. Bottom line on my rogue, formerly 76 kdps on 88 and below humanoid, now 22 k dps on 99 and below humanoid, can still be boosted with burns (not tested here).

Head shot still works the same as it always has, and archery attack can be a fatal bow shot. Base hits for 243633, crits for 683697 for humanoid mobs 99 and under. Crit damage doesn't appear to cap. Still crits around 55% of the time. My ranger formerly generated around 19.3 per minute using just autofire, and now generates around 2.1 per minute. Bottom line on my ranger, formerly 126k dps on level 88 and below humanoid, now 19k dps on 99 and below humanoid, can still be boosted with burns (not tested here)

This is a joke right? How could any sane human being think this is balanced? The one that works on all mobs types is the best? Really?

Make them all work on any mob type, and increase the rates of assassinate and head shot to match the activated 6 per minute of decap.
  5. Gnomeland Augur

Lol @ berserkers getting mega buffed.
  6. Kolani Augur

This has been requested for years, and I'm surprised they're implemented it and upset Elhana isn't here anymore to see it. In the past, Kunark zones have turned into an awful place during the month that the pieces drop, and even normal, reasonable people turn into feral beasts over these zones as they stream an endless line of disposable level 1 alts through Firiona Vie and Overthere to turn in potions. Glad to see it finally.
    code-zero likes this.
  7. Enine New Member

I for one think the FV potion think is a joke.your patchs have already ran off a lot of your players because you blame the players for server lag when its yall not wanting to buy updated processors and servers.Unless you are actually trying to run the eq population off to eq next wich will never happen I do not see how this is a good or smart idea.Everquest is yalls oldest and most profitable game you have come out with why would you try and end it with these useless updates to make people want to quit.I dont care about exp potions to be honest but for yall to be greedy and want to sell them in sc for profit on the one out of how many servers?So the one server with no trade rules gone you want add in no drop to a exp potion for your own profits? I am sure yall are not that hard up where you think this one server will make a diff out of all your servers? That to me is just LOL you running your game into the ground and as everyone knows now you honestly just dont care what the people the paying customers who have paid thousand upon 10 of thousands to eq we cant be heard? This is not me complaining about the nerfs or the exp potions but its me thinking you have taken this stuff a little too far now. over being greedy is the sad part ill never leave eq ill have my xpac and subs on all my accounts untill the game is gone but WE the players should have as much say as yall do considering we are the ones who pay for your game.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  8. Piestro Augur

The AA unlocks are a difficult situation that has existed for a while. We're aware and occasionally kick around ideas on possible ways to fix it.
  9. Piestro Augur

It was a late addition. He proactively took it on himself to notify you. It's actually the opposite of slipping it under the radar.
  10. Piestro Augur

Decap being activated is a bug I believe.
  11. gcubed Augur

Anybody with a directional or targeted AE can do what you are suggesting and have been able to do it since they got those abilities. So, ask yourself why the other classes haven't been doing it.
  12. Feradach Augur

I noticed the same thing and was just going to hop on here and report it. I did the autogrant on my mage and this one was included. Just an oversight I'm sure.
  13. xcitng Augur

piestro, if not activated does that mean it is a constant with no 10 sec refresh?
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  14. gcubed Augur

I am not sure what you mean here but...

On your AA window in the upper right hand corner is a checkbox to opt in. It is a toggle that is off by default. You can turn it on and off as many times as you like.

If it is ON and you zone/level you get granted AA's. If it is OFF and and you zone/level you won't get granted AA's.

If you turn it on and zone, you can turn it off again if you wish. I am not certain why you would but you can if that is what you wish to do.
  15. fransisco Augur

So, headshot - the only non-swarming ability to get nerfed, actually gets nerfed the most. Lowest proc rate, and not usable in melee.
    Dexar and Ronthorn Oakenarm like this.
  16. idej Augur

17. Iila Augur

Other AE classes get snare, so we don't have to lag the zone out to keep mob we're kiting manageable. And we didn't have an incentive to pull an absurd amount of mobs because the AEs were target capped.
  18. Engineer Augur

Yes, well predicted and now supported by evidence.
  19. gcubed Augur

Here is an example. A mage gathers up 160 mobs and lags out the zone. Each mob has 10 times the hitpoints as the base damage of the mage's beam spell. If the mage does this right, it will take no more than 16 casts of their beam to kill all the mobs (and probably less with foci and crits). Place a limit of 16 targets being hit by the beam and now they need 100 casts of their beam before they kill all the mobs.

Now, after 10 casts of the new beam, how many mobs are dead? The answer is between 0 and 16, inclusive. There is no guarantee that the same mobs will be hit each time the spell, with a max target limit, is cast. In theory, a mage could run out of mana before they killed even a single mob. In practice it is pretty certain they will kill some before they run out of mana, but it really won't be worth the effort anymore. I am sure there will be a few mages that will try, but they will soon give up.
  20. Marshall Maathers Augur

Some people suggested when the changes were announced that mage beaming could still happen at a large scale even with a 12 target limit. Anyone tried that out on Test yet?