Test Update 02/12/14

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by KevinMcP, Feb 12, 2014.

1. Rogue Augur

54 mobs in Kaesora library
  2. tarquinn21 Elder

The purpose of these changes is to stop "Mass Killing" which resulted in lagging out the server and zones.

54 doesn't accomplish that.
  3. Raynard Augur

Granting the AA appears to bug the triple attack skill cap for rogues. My 85 rogue that didn't do the grant (but has all the aa) has a skill of 385, and my 85 rogue that did the grant now has a cap of 715.
  4. Harabakc Augur

With granting leadership AAs, are you still required to have multiple people in group or can you now see your own debuffs on mobs on your own?
    Pirouette and moogs like this.
  5. Ravengloome Augur

I thought they did a pretty decent job overall with this patch, and i rarely have anything they do.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  6. Waring_McMarrin Augur

They can all be used while solo now
    moogs and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  7. Harabakc Augur

Good, at least there is a positive change. Waring... are you from Lanys?
  8. Sinestra Augur

How does the /resetaa function work on test? I opted in for the AA grant on a character, but I really would have liked to use the grant and then check on what I would have had afterwards starting with no spent AAs. Is that still possible?
  9. Darchon_Xegony Augur

So you saw fit to resurrect one of the worst spell mechanics ever. Just WOW
  10. Tadenea Augur

I am told resetaa wont give you any free AAs from this new grant AA thing but will remove all AAs it gave. Besides that I am not too sure about AAs you had already
    You can get them back after you zone I believe
    sorry dont remember exact command to reset but it does have cooldown
  11. Sinestra Augur

I know it won't give you more AAs, but lets say I have 5k AAs on a character, and opted in for the granted AAs. That gave me (on that alt) about 7k. If I was to /resetaa would that then give me back all the AAs I earned on that character previous to the granting and then I could spend those differently since I had a lot of the granted stuff already?
  12. fransisco Augur

Has decap been brought in line with assasinate/headshot so it only works on humanoids?
    Conjurous_AB likes this.
  13. Enchanter101 New Member

Out of all the years I've played eq / Sony games I love eq, the challenges .. Why doesn't fellowship campfires take 1 to pop ? Doesn't take 3 guys to start a real fire. Make it 3 for a campfire with benifts , could the campfire be increase to 3 groups and if no I don't see why ? Out of 12 ppl ATM I c 7 or 8 ppl online. to up the fellowship 6 more ppl to have 2 of 6 more on all the time. It will be easy to pop campfires and meet up to xp !! Once together enhanced fires can be popped ! Also gets ppl to raid faster to pop standard !!
    I red how old content is still great content. Yes it is but other then running it once for the abilities it offers a character that raids and content is now old news to many ppl. Someone talked about 4 contents and old letting Mercs in !! Well that isn't a bad idea. 4 contents old is underfoot I think. Not a bad place to learn to raid and have a few Mercs for good luck. Then onto big boy raids. No Sony merc clerics to help lol.
    Old trivial raids could be open now like pop and other great expantions well that doesn't pull me back unless a alt needs a flag! Well any raid that is a expedition and 4 contents old maybe SoD.. put a hard and epic level to each raid. Old gear has up to date stats in harder raids. Old raiders can appreciate the raid and new raiders that missed the raid content can see old content without feeling bad they are dragging older raiders that wish to not see the contents more threw it for it has no principle for them a anymore.
    Good thing : Tov to corrupt tov is perfect guys !!! You had hard mode in Dungeons which gave better stuff.
    Bad thing : old man mckenzie nerfed. That guy offers starting augs and circle clicked to the serious raid guilds that want to go forward ....
    Buy a item for 40 brew or a chest item sells back for 1 brew !! I could respect the old system if not better now that is old content !!
    Ill miss beaming but thank ou Sony. 200 mobs with software lacking to path the hole zone not only lag zone but cause server problems !! Got many friends many guilds and made. few plat but I miss playing. Beaming was like original headshot. Addicting
    I keep hearing about bugs... Or stuff wasnt intended to be that way!! Ok so fix it. One side of the fence it's over powered so u " nerf " it.
    Guy boxing can maximize there characters to do stuff even a group of the same make up can't do. Once to many ppl envy that they exploit it !
    Can't get off topic beaming wizards nerfed , great armor nerfed , then expantion nerfed !! Why do I need my manastone in guk ?? My ds kills mobs without me attack ?? Same goes for power lvling. Soo manastone manarobe illusion mask all changed " nerfed " op yes it they where instant invis helm for necro sk class. You nerf a fun item to camp to now offer it in aa at high level. Nerfed stuff to never be fixed to present content. Manastone should be open to all zones. I got a darn aa that give me 50% of my mana back. Do I wanna instant click a old mana stone or 3 second click the new one to achieve the same result. No I don't by I would if I was a lesser class !! My ranger n necro instant aa invis but u took away the helm that .5 invises. I think if those tend dropped like a ruined bolster belt in old seb it would be fun to level in mistmoore again ...
    When you nerf or remove stuff at present time it makes sense. By now I'm seeing the pattern. You want ppl to attack your present content. I personally have. I would like to go to unrest find the keys to work my way down even as a high level and a rare drop rate !! Even with the needs in old school items. I would like to go back to camp it ! My aa can do stuff nerfed items of the past can also do just with alot more clicking on manastone ! Messed up when u think about it. Circlet of shadows is the item I was thinking of !!
    My question is why won't you bring back epic items of the past by making 1 raids trivial and 2 opening zone back upto there old items. Invis , mana and benficial spells all come from instant aa or spells now. The OP value of old school items are now standard abilities. But it's a perk to help leveling and as u want in the long run Sony ppl are play old conten to new content one step at a time.
    Real awards for the vets and newbies!!
    I'm here 9 to 5 , 7 days a week :) and I work for cookies
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  14. Dandin Augur

I struggle to find a relevant point in your post? I tried, but what are you saying? I don't understand... :(
  15. Enchanter101 New Member

There is so much talk about a spell or a ability and Sony must try to help the customer. Well if we focused our overall need for better gameplay faster gameplay. Now, beams and instant kills offer that but i mean to xp how sony is trying to make it. Evenly balance xp to class.
    All I'm saying maybe old content can be untilized not only for new members but vet players also.
    From a old raid being trivial to lvl 100 , faster access to groups through solo campfire pop !! yes pok is there but to make that campfire solo popable. it would hasten the run for two by 5 mins depending on the Zone. As increasing the limit to 16 lets a chance of more casual players in a fellowship to group up without kicking other friends that are offline at the time.
    Last point is present aa / abilities / spell r on par with old nerfed items. To even bring the revamped mana stone back and let it be Norrath wide used isn't op wiz , cleric , mag n more can pull so much mana back every 20 mins to have old items back make old zones also fun and lets new and old players excited. Just .00005% the items drop rate and make wider spawn points so perm campers can ruin that also.
    Last part was I work for cookies :)
  16. Silv Augur

Oh hey, you guys still left off a stacking fix for Enchanter Spell Shield and Geomantra. Just a friendly reminder as usual!

Happy to see a lot of these changes, especially the House of Thule named spawn rates.
    RPoo, Pirouette and moogs like this.
  17. Treesong Elder

I do not understand: I testcopied my level 86 BL with 3012 AA to the testserver and then did the autogrant. He now has *every* AA that he can get according to his level, including every House of Thule AA that he can get at level 86: AA's that I do not have on my toon on the Rathe where I copied him from.

Is this working as intended?
  18. Rogue Augur

Because the spell is level 99, does this mean that it will only proc properly for levels 99+? So if a mob is level 98, it's procrate will be reduced? Which will mean we have to mem the level 94 version to have it work on current content mobs. If so, ridiculous that SK's got the most attention in that other thread.
  19. Sinestra Augur

It was supposed to grant all AAs up to and including those released with the Underfoot expansion. I have heard that HoT ones were granted as well, but that was not the original plan.
  20. Shiron New Member

Do not do the following:
    /resetaa
    /click auto-grant
    /click aa *on*
    zone

Just lost hundreds of AA pts because there was nothing to spend them on. Minor oversight, I'm sure.