Test Update 02/12/14

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by KevinMcP, Feb 12, 2014.

1. Izcurly Augur

That's what test is for. If it doesn't work right, it can be fixed. No cause to panic yet.
  2. darkenkal Journeyman

Was hoping for something more than just limiting Beam kiters to hit 12 mobs. Beam kiters can still pull the whole zone and lag out the mobs and just kill them 12 at a time because they can't move due to the lag. Will take them longer but they will still do it :(
  3. Coldmouth Elder

Hmm I misread:

HoT Lower Floors will see an increased boss spawn chance? Because as it stood those bosses already spawned on an annoyingly common rate, I think 1 in 3 or 1 in 4 PHs.
  4. Pirouette Augur

"- Increased the spawn chance for all rare NPCs in House of Thule."

In other parts of the post he was specific to say HoT lower floors if he meant the zone. I take this to mean the entire expansion. Which is a much thanked change.
  5. Shimmerleaf Augur

So now we will be able to buy cultural molds and patterns in POK? Better than doing the quest for the book, the combine to make the mold/patterns and then sticking them in the bank or giving to NPC at the library.
  6. Pirouette Augur

Patch notes were edited to correctly reflect the grant. It's only up to 85 and UF as we were informed. Thanks for fixing =P.
  7. Smallpox Augur

Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  8. beryon Augur

...The cultural quests are obsolete now? Or do you need to be flagged to buy?
    moogs likes this.
  9. Bamkan Augur

I group with 2 berserkers regularly.

How will I as a Warrior tank managed to get aggro on current content Dark Blues when Decap goes off?
    All of a sudden a Berserker is going to have 400k aggro. How many seconds (apart from taunt/ae taunt etc) does it take for me to generate this aggro - i.e how long do i need to tank for b4 berserkers can actually engage?
    This is going to be worse than pet aggro imo. You guys are going to have to short the refresh timer Phantom Aggressor to 1sec.

What is the point of Decap now? - What is it's objective?...You're basically giving 800k total damage over 1min, yet you are put it in 2 x 400k blocks that we don't know when is going to happen.

/fail.
  10. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Yuck, now there is more chance for me to be hit by that stupid tree when I zone from House of Thule to the Grounds.....can't you at least make him not see invis. Seems I get whacked by him every other days and I only go there to kill 5 mobs and leave. :(
  11. Slasher Augur

Same thing I asked 15 times in the thread about the changes. Got no answer. They ignored it and don't care. Decap is not headshot or assassinate. Decap is a spell proc with no hate mod to reduce its aggro. Imagine a wizard getting a 400k nuke crit with no spell sub AAs or no silent casting then do it in melee range after you already have generated plenty of hate. GL keep aggro tanks.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Bamkan like this.
  12. beryon Augur

It's also auto-granting Spell Casting Subtlety.
  13. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Eldroth said they would be reducing the agro multi time in that thread. Have a look through the Dev tracker posts I'm sure you can find at least one of his posts.
  14. Riou EQResource

The aggro is reduced on Decap with this patch, it is still fairly high thought (roughly -90% of live amounts), especially if you proc it more then 2x per minute.
  15. Bamkan Augur

Then they should post that in the patch notes. In fact they didn't even bother with the 2x per minute (tho i assuming they are changing that as rogue/ranger change).
  16. Ibako New Member

Once you have opted in to the AA granting is there any way to opt back out?
  17. Gnar Augur

Devs Is this correct? or should it be swapped before it goes live?

Leeching Embrace has 180 counters? Its the effect on Duskbringer's Plate Chestguard of the Hateful (Omens of War, Anguish raid bp)

Leeching Touch has 360 counters? Its the effect on the Heartstiller's Mail Chestguard (Omens of War, group bp)

This may have been posted in one of those other long threads and i missed it but this has to be wrong, the group bp is now going to be better than the raid bp?
  18. strongbus Augur

Necromancer - Corrected effect caps that caused Death's Malaise to have unintended results.

anyone have any idea what this is for? I am a necro who uses this aa everyday and am trying to figure out what they mean
  19. Rogue Augur

Too many hit counters on SK epic + Mortal Coil. Swarming will definitely continue for them.
  20. tarquinn21 Elder

What zone? What level range? Can you be a bit more specific? How many mobs are you calling a "swarm"?

Because I copied over my 100 SK, /resetaa, and maxed everything out. I went to Kaesora Library group instance where everything is green con and I am completely out-gearing everything and I pulled about 200 mobs and after blowing every single cooldown available as well as every lifetap clicky possible including and getting a lucky MC proc on one of the 10 lightblues I still didn't finish the entire pull before I FD'd it off.

Edit to be a bit more specific -> Lich sting was chewed through in less than 10 seconds. I had to go with Leech Curse right after and tried to find the light blues and I found one but it didn't yield an MC proc so I went with Deflection and killed 2 more LBs before that dropped and I used 1 bp click and harm touched another LB and I got the MC proc. MC lasted about 20 seconds if that and I still had probably 80-90 mobs alive although it would be impossible for me to know how many for sure.

Now take into consideration that for this to be at all beneficial power-level wise, at level 95-97 SK has to do this and quite frankly it isn't possible anymore, period.

Now consider the other popular "swarm" locations throughout the levels which would include Plane of Fire (not possible anymore without sustained MC), Gyrospires Beza/Zeka/Mech (same thing, not possible).

Are you calling pulling like 15 mobs in The Grounds swarming?