Test Update 02/10/16

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by Hludwolf, Feb 10, 2016.

1. Utaerx Elder

As it turns out, there's this thing called manaburn rotations that the wizards in a lot of top-tier guilds do, where they take turns putting manaburn on the mob after each one fades. This allows manaburn to "be on the mob" for an extended period of time. Also, when these nerfs go into effect, DoTs won't be eating up counters, so it is going to be on the mob for even longer than it was before. Also, Wizard sustained was really good before mana burn was added to the game, so adding huge spikes of burst DPS to long parses necessarily boosts sustained. Clear?
  2. strongbus Augur

agree please give the reason behind the godr change and the swarm pets. They make no sense at all and will hurt all necros raid and group.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  3. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

If you need anything else from me let me know and I will help in whatever way I can.
  4. Jujue New Member

Delete your eqhost.txt files and it will fix that. Totally different issue.
  5. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

We shall refer to this as the Vast Knight-wing Conspiracy going forward.

#vastknightwingconspiracy
  6. sojero One hit wonder

I will give that a shot, thank you.
  7. Deillusional Augur

dont think it a RAM issue, as I can't log in with windows 10 system with 16gb. And a gtx 970. And can log in with an old windows 7 laptop with 6gb ram, and ati graphics.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Necros dots no longer working won't make a lot of difference, last night we only had 1 necro, 2 mages d and only 5 wizzys (we have anything up to 8). The majority of the effect doesn't go to pure casters, without the necros we might gain a couple of seconds per Mana Burn but not much more. But when MB costs 60,000 mana (I believe that is the cost of highest level off the top of my head) that is a large chunk to lose in one go. And the agro is insane and silent casting does absolutely nothing.

I'm not saying it doesn't help but the length of time I can sustain now has dropped from what it was, which for a burst dps class is good.

That said it doesn't mean I agree with the changes to necros, they should be DPS sustained queens, just as wizzys should be burst queens.
  9. mackal Augur

This is what the spell data for Knight's Sedulity looks like (if anyone wanted a confirmation):
    Slot 1: Increase Melee Mitigation by 5%
    SPA: 168
    base1: -5
    base2: 0
  10. shadowgod Augur

1 single mana burn can add anywhere from 20-50m damage to your raid and that's the low estimate. Hit mana burn on a combat dummy and have a ranger use imbued ferocity see what kind of dps you get.
    Sancus and Utaerx like this.
  11. Utaerx Elder

I'm not really sure what is going on, but necros definitely put a dent in the manaburn counters in RoV. I've also literally never heard any wizard say the length of time they can sustain has decreased because of manaburn. It certainly hasn't slowed down any of the wizards in my guild at all, even on really long events like Wither and Decay. Also, looking at the long parses before and after manaburn, I've noticed a definite jump in their sustained DPS. I mean, again, it's sort of a maxim that if you have a high baseline sustained, that burst spikes on long parses are going to boost it. My sustained has certainly jumped up because of manaburn.
    Sancus likes this.
  12. Triconix Augur

Oh, you're supposed to be mitigating the same amount of damage as the "best" mitigating tank in the game? Couple with your ability to self heal?

Oh, I didn't know that. I always thought warriors were supposed to have some benefit. I guess I was wrong for 16 years.

Of course you have no problem with this now.

As for the fading quicker. Well that's where un(holy) guardian comes into play. Even if mantle/carapace last one 2 minutes, you pop unholy to get to 36% mitigation, get SB and you're at "46%" mitigation on paper which is again more than LS. Plus you can just repel every 30 seconds which is a better mitigation ability than anything we have on a short reuse.
  13. shadowgod Augur

all 3 tanks should of been viable in raid content. Warriors need something that makes up for the other stuff pallys/SKs get but making it so they can tank raid bosses is a good thing for EQ lets not piss on that.
  14. Gnomeland Augur

No wonder it's not working with Defensive Proficiency then. So it isn't the same as the Warrior ability at all.
  15. mackal Augur

AAs and spells should stack.
  16. Triconix Augur

There's a difference between being able to and becoming equal or greater to the parent class. Warriors are severely lacking now on both fronts with knights now being able to mitigate as well + heal: Group and raids.

No. Just like warrior phalanx, the knight innate 5% won't stack with SpA 168.
  17. Gnomeland Augur

Warriors still have the benefit of: higher health, higher armor, no damage limit on their cool downs, no DPS loss on their cool downs, higher passive DPS, lower max damage from monsters, and the ability to actually use their various abilities when being beat on by 10+ monsters.

What exactly has changed with Unholy Guardian? Because you could do that before the Test changes and it didn't allow Knights to tank raids then, so why would it allow them to tank raids now?

The only benefits that matter, at the moment, are that Knights are now able to achieve 45% from using one of their damage limit cool downs with a shield, and 30% without any cool down. Before this they could only achieve 20% to 30% with a damage limit cool down, and 10% without, from what I remember. There's no other difference as the 5% passive they got doesn't even work with Defensive Proficiency and Unholy Guardian doesn't work with any of these abilities.
  18. Triconix Augur

If unholy + SB didn't allow you to tank before, then you're just garbage. No excuses. There's nothing in the game that 46% mitigation is too little. Now I know you're just talking out you @$$.

Warriors higher Health....Knight staunch buffs. Knight self buff + surety = more hp than skin/trio. Hp benefit gone.

Higher armor - see above. And a .002 difference isn't exactly something to run home and cheer about.

No damage limits on cool downs - :confused: Warlord's bravery with a TWENTY minute refresh has a hit limit of 45 hits. Dichotomic shielding has a damage limit and since it's both spell and melee, it fades in like 30 seconds with a 5 minute reuse and costs lots of endurance. NTTB/PDH has a hit counter and damage limit. BFI has a hit damage limit + proc limit. Diplomatic papers (something we all have) has a damage limit. Warrior's bulwark has a damage limit. The only thing that doesn't have a limit is our CoA BP which lasts 45 seconds/5minutes. What in the world are you talking about?!

Higher Passive dps - See your new prof? Yeah, I do too. You rolled a hybrid of a warrior and necro. You're supposed to be casting spells. You think warriors just sit there with auto attack or is that what you expect to do to achieve equal dps?

Ability to use various abilities when being beat on - Your discs aren't instant cast? Your terror lines aren't? I thought they change terror lines to become instant. So you lose some abilities while swarming. Are you seriously using that as a reason of warrior advantage? How often do groups stand around pulling 10 mobs at a time with no CC? No many.

You're reaching here buddy. Or just flat out wrong.
  19. Krazzi Elder

Mantle and carapace don't last the full duration with trash mobs, a raid boss will eat through them in no time.
    Sheex likes this.
  20. Gnomeland Augur

Why did you remove raids from the quote? We all know what he was talking about and what I am talking about.

Show me.

It makes a difference, as shown by parses done in 2014 before the Warrior changes. Warriors were taking 30% LESS DPS than Knights even WITHOUT http://spells.eqresource.com/spells.php?id=41088&source=test.

I'm talking about the main cool downs that work WITH http://spells.eqresource.com/spells.php?id=41088&source=test to get Knights up to 45%. Unholy Guardian has always been able to get Knights up there but that has NOT CHANGED. Not to mention, the hit limit to abilities such as http://spells.eqresource.com/spells.php?id=49008 were only put there because Warriors used them to mass kill. The limit is easily enough for other situations.

It's still worse than Warrior passive DPS, and Warriors can tank and DPS at the same time with two weapons. This matters, as Knights have to use their spells for aggro and heals, not just DPS.

As though that matters when virtually all of Knights' heals and aggro come from spells that they have to cast through monsters hits, while Warriors don't? Don't just choose two abilities and forget that Knights have to use SPELLS to obtain what Warriors obtain using instant abilities?