Test Update 02/10/16

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by Hludwolf, Feb 10, 2016.

1. Makavien Augur

They should make the warrior class more intriguing instead of replacing that class with other classes what happens when there are no old raid warriors left ? Make knights warriors and replace the knights with rangers that is a very short sighted design strategy? And you should have to recruit well it has always been a part of the game and helping a newer player learn how to be a better player has also always been a part of the game. That is the game we play and should remain the game we play . It is why so many old timers still continue to play after 14 - 16 years.
  2. Nenton Augur

Except the Necro class is self-limiting. The devs think 3 necros can turn an event into easy mode?

As a necro in a mid-tier guild with a higher than average quality necro core, I can tell you our guild still hits enrage timers and this patch is going to make it so much worse.

I've said it over and over on these boards as class after class I play gets nerfed, they always use an axe when they should have used a scalpel. Nerf mana burn and see where we're at. Nerf something else and see where we're at. Don't massively nerf 3 different aspects of the class in one patch and expect people to still be around for when it gets dialed back to sane levels.
    Utaerx, Drayze, Vrinda and 4 others like this.
  3. Sindaiann Augur

Can we get the Left and Right Eye of Sul added to the vendor for currency? Locked behind completion of T3 of course.

I have said this before but in its current form, people want 4 augs.2 for the mask and 2 for gear

2 augs per 5 days x 54 participants = 6 people complete the mask every month = 9 months for people to complete BIS mask

people who want mask + 2 augs for gear = 18 months for people who wish to do both

Do you know how much currency people will be sitting on in 18 months? For just a rough scenario based on my own situation and almost being done with TBM raid gear (3 visible left, 2 non vis including BIS mask)

Full TBM clear - 4 T1 raids (10 per) + 4 T2 raids (20 per) + 2 T3 raids (40 per) = 200 currency

*next part is based on 1 full clear per week, obviously this can be maximized better, just for rough purposes)

1 month of TBM (4 clears) = 800 currency x 18 months = 14,400 useless currency

Even with the container being 1000, put the augs on the vendor for 1k-2k or more. I don't care. It gives us the ability to not have useless currency and either A) achieve the mask faster (if you are in a dkp guild your wait time on the augs could be even longer than the predicted 9 months above based on your personal dkp situation) or B) start to obtain the augs for gear purposes.

This has to be considered imo because split raiding this to increase the time frame makes me want to stab myself in the eye with a pencil.
  4. Shebstaro-Swiftpaw New Member

That's called sit agro been in the game since day one Lesson No1 don't sit while the group is fighting.
  5. p2aa Augur

This argument doesn't hold because :
    1) Warrior is not a rare class played
    2) Therefore, the big majority of guilds, so including the averages ones, doesn't have any warrior number problem.
    As always, a minority of player say their guild lacks warriors to do stuff to justify a so-called class balanced on MT Raid Bosses. I don't have any reason to not believe them, but this is just a minority of the guilds overall, and should not dictate a whole tank class unbalanced on MT Raid Bosses.
  6. p2aa Augur

Because you think warriors were happy of the situation before def prof where 9 % was the only difference between wars and knights, and when you were tanking Raid Bosses under your new 36 % def disc as good as warriors under 45 % ? This was leading to high end raiding guilds to stop recruiting warriors because knights could do as good, and adding some utility warriors don't have.
  7. mackal Augur

Warriors have 50% under disc. (The innate mitigation bonus parses exactly as if it the same as the new 5% Knight AA)
  8. Natal Augur

Bull. Every guild I have been in has had a shortage of warriors for the most part. Occasionally there have been extra, but mostly just enough to squeak by and hope they all log in so we can work on progression. Mostly progression is out of the question however. Plenty of knights though. If they could tank reasonably effectively we would be able to work on moving forward instead of endlessly spinning our wheels on old stuff.

As I said before, knights tanking better takes nothing away from you and it provides your raid with more options.
    Vrinda likes this.
  9. Natal Augur

Can't recruit what doesn't exist.
  10. Lianeb Augur

One thing i have learned in 16 years of playing EQ. If the population of a class is high in EQ, the class is OP'd.

Seen it happen with Ranger, SK, Mage, Wizzy, etc....as the pendulum swings people flock to those powerful classes like lemings.
    Sheex and Dre. like this.
  11. p2aa Augur

Knights have 41 % under disc now, so what is the point ? It still makes 9 %.
  12. p2aa Augur

And I tell ya that most guilds, and I don't include high end raiding guilds, are filled with enough warriors to do the job. You maybe have been unlucky in the few guilds you did, but this is not a general fact. Warrior is not a rare class played. The problem there is your recrutment.
    As you cannot raid without clerics too, look to recruit warriors.
  13. Warpeace Augur

I see more ALT Warriors than Mains. So yes in that context p2aa your statement is very true it is not a rare played class, maybe more a rare mained class? There is a difference in warriors existing on a server and having any desire to raid. There are just less people that actually want to raid and or commit the time.

Most people boxing not playing a Knight main include a Warrior alt because they are so boxer friendly, select target hit agro key / attack toss in an occasional heal until the mob is dead.
  14. p2aa Augur

In all the guilds I have seen there were enough warriors mains, not alts. In raid warrior class is not lacking, do you see guilds recruiting warriors much because it's lacking ? I don't.
  15. Warpeace Augur

Different servers man...

Holy cow you just cant see it but apparently you have alts on every server and in their guilds to make a statement like that?
  16. Javakrash New Member

Talk is cheap. Anybody that thinks the sandbox class is going to take a dps hit is going to be sorely disappointed.
  17. Tort New Member

I just realized that we could benefit from a new class (I don't know what to call it but it would be a cross from a cleric and a necro). We have a shaman but that's more of a buff, debuff, heal-support, semi-pet class (pet is weak), DoT roles. Necromancer is similar to shaman but with a stronger pet and a also very limited heals. The necromancer does not fulfill this role because s/he is not a priest. S/he is an arcane scientist. Priests are clerics, druids and shaman. Knights are paladins and shadowknights.

I'm talking about a class that has the powerful heals of a cleric but can enhance undead legions and nuke/dot the living. It is the opposite of a cleric but with powerful heals/abilities like a cleric but more like Shadowknight. If you compare the opposites of a paladin and an anti-paladin (shadowknight) then you'll understand what I'm talking about. We currently don't have a cleric class that is like this.

Why am I bringing this up? Necromancers and Shadow Knights, Corrupted Hammer of Consternation, a Harmshield Procing 1hb weapon. Paladins and Clerics DA Hammer, Divine Hammer of Consternation.

Source: EQresource
    "In the upcoming patch there is a new quest for Necromancers and Shadow Knights, the reward isCorrupted Hammer of Consternation, a Harmshield Procing 1hb weapon. There is a side benefit with this quest addition for Paladins and Clerics wanting their DA Hammer, Divine Hammer of Consternation. "
  18. menown Augur

I remember being able to heal a raid-geared warrior in Bastion of Thunder as a necro back in PoP. I would use Shadowbond and Zevfeer's Theft of Vitae. Was fun back in the old days. Has not been a viable option in a long time now.

This play-style reminded me of the Blood Mage from Vanguard. It was fun.

Btw, Devs, please fix necro's Gift of Deathly Resolve!