Test Update 02/08/2017 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Feb 8, 2017.

1. Maedhros High King

Greetings Teckuilla(ROTE Rogue),

I'm sorry that you are having trouble completing this achievement. Unfortunately we cannot assist in manually updating or completing achievements, or giving gameplay tips on how to achieve them.

The best course of action would be to post your concerns to the Forums for feedback from your fellow players and community members: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php and to submit your report on the Community Issue Tracker: https://dgcissuetracker.com/secure/Dashboard.jspa
    These two posts are how our Dev Team quantifies and addresses issues that effect our players. While we cannot intervene directly, this information allows our Devs to work on and deploy potential hotfixes and patches.

Sincerely,

GM Woebot

Thats the response my players that petitioned the unstable potion bug received.
    I have had good experiences with GM Woebot and dont believe for a second he is deciding to not help my members, his hands are tied.
    You guys can do better than this.
    These raids are hard, intentionally, and we like that, but the reward for beating them each week is that the next time should be easier as people gain their Essence of the Dragon II to block the Aura of Kor`Sha.
    Until this patch goes live everyone is just going to get screwed out of their Essence of the Dragon II achievements?
    I think it is perfectly understandable that a bug can happen and that it sometimes needs time to be fixed, but in the meantime you absolutely should be working the petitions and solving this issue for the players affected.
    Untie the GM's hands and let them help all the guilds that were affected by this bug.
  2. Sancus Augur

I got the same response myself, as did others in RoI who got responses. It's pretty screwed up, especially when we already lost three rounds of flags when it was broken before (and will lose another round before it's fixed).
  3. Sindaiann Augur

As did we. We lost our first 2 rounds (when it was broke initially), as well as our last T3 clear......oh well. Welcome to tier 3
  4. Orienn TreeHugger

Exact same response I got when I sent in a petition about us not getting updates for doing it the same way our group got theirs last time, was more inquiring if it was broken or not.
  5. dwish Augur

Zerker DPS is over the top, I don't see how anyone can dispute that. The fact that Zerkers I raid with can even die multiple times over an event and still put up insane sustained numbers 50-100% over the 2nd class is ridiculous. Res effects completely neuter most melee DPS classes, but they don't even seem to slow Zerkers down much presently.
    Rivitt and Dropfast like this.
  6. IblisTheMage Augur

It would seem that there is a trend that dot-class DPS is getting boosted all around, which would strengthen your hypotheis.
    /agree
  7. IblisTheMage Augur

What? You had me until "mages" :). I play with a Shaman and a Druid in my regular group, and I am very excited for them. I do really not understand the "pull and spank" comment for mages. Well, I understand it, but it is wrong. Mages DPS is in the low end for a DPS class, and that is with using all tools available (pet tanking is great, as long as we are taking single current era mob, using Shaman and Enchanter for CC). We pull singles (with a box chanter). We all mash everything to get trash mobs down fast, no easy mode for us. We have tried grouping with a warrior when EOK came out, whom out-dps-ed us all...

The speculation going around is that the next 2-4 months will see more nerfs to warriors and beserkers, and possibly SK, and a lot of love for the rest, most prominent as we are seeing it now with druids and shamans. DPS will be distributed a lot smarter between groups. I think DB is doing a good job, even though this SK nerf seems a bit too harsh. The counter of 1 seems low, but let us see how it works out.

What will the new Holy Trinity be? The old one broke down, not sure when...

...And druids used to kite 4+ mobs at a time, with dots and snare :). No one could get xp as fast as a hafling druid, back in the days... No one is kiting anymore... *feels old*
  8. porky Augur

Unacceptable! Do not push this filth onto live.
    Rivitt likes this.
  9. Swiss Augur

For the record as well since there are about 5 posts in the thread claiming SK solo swarming, that SK had 1 cleric 1 shaman and 2 necros healing. The issue is not SK specific because the video shows he didn't have epic or mortal coil up for some of the pulls as well. So yea in top raid gear 2 healers with 2 necros healing as well on a knight with self healing can tank 16 mobs /gasp. I feel like people should understand the video before nerfing the class over it, and a warrior or paladin could of done the same thing in this instance.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  10. Bandien Elder

In case you missed it, the 5 posts I assume are referring to this video.

11. Swiss Augur

They should of mentioned Lcea then and not FM. I can understand people wanting that fixed and I'm fine with that as well but this current "fix" will do more harm than good. Also that's 1 pull an hour because of all the recast timers used up, if it was really as OP as some claim we would see people grinding there every day like when beams and headshot swarms were going on.

Fix the issue don't kill group geared SKs.
  12. Bandien Elder

Just figured I would point you in the direction of what I believe they were referring to. Not calling out for anything one way or the other.
  13. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

EQ Dev said:
    “*** Miscellaneous ***

- Load balanced (/pick) zones will now 'lock' if any two versions of a load balanced zone have a player count less than or equal to 1/3 of the zone's threshold. A locked zone will:
    - - Transfer all player corpses to the base zone and any new corpses will get moved to the base zone immediately.
    - - Block entry to the zone and will be removed the from the /pick options.
    - - Start despawning mercenaries is there are any in the zone.”

From what I read of the /pickzone changes either the description is very bad or the change is.

Not sure if they are aware that many people do camps for several hours. This change seems to put that in jeopardy and only allows someone to be guaranteed a camp if they are in the base instance. Over that time range it seems very likely people will get forced out of instanced pick zones and have to hope the camp is open in the base zone.

This seems to be some sort of compromise over just booting people out but not by very much. This also seems mainly directed at live servers or are there any TLP servers with instancing that have mercs?

Anyone been seeing crazy amounts of instances being open on their servers? Most I have ever seen on Xegony is the base and two instances in FM. Been enjoying it that way.

I have also seen two instanced versions of FM get created at the same time when the main zone hits its population trigger. Will that still happen and will those two zones instantly begin this new process?

I would suggest changes to the process... First off shut down of instances should be starting with the newest one opened and should give a two hour advance warning and countdown warning. The current description seems to indicate all /pick zones get shut down below the target populaton. A warning gives people time to find alternate camps keeps the zone unlocked by lets anyone entering know it will be shutting down. There should also be a minimum amount of time an instance stays open so that people moving to it know they will have a camp for a while. Instances only staying up a few hours are almost useless.

And if the current changes are going through we need to be given exact data on what the triggers are to close down the pickzones. If anyone knows at precisely how many players pickzones get created please share. If daybreak is going to shut zones down at certain points let us know exactly what those numbers are since they may cause the loss of camps.
    Agrippa likes this.
  14. Swiss Augur

Ok sorry if my response sounded harsh I did not intend that. Just keep seeing references to sk solo swarming in FM and the FM video is different than the 12 in lcea. I still think it needs fixed just that their current solution is hurting an entire class because a few players can do one big pull or in the FM situation the same as a different tank could.
  15. tmplatten Lorekeeper

Doesnt this assume players with equal gear and here is the hard part,
    Equal Skill?
  16. tmplatten Lorekeeper

ZERO REASON TO MAKE ENCHANTER UNITY 28S WHEN IT WAS 12S Is that insane or what?
  17. tmplatten Lorekeeper

THESE PROPOSED CHANGES are absurd, unwarranted, misguided and need to be reverted.
    Unity timer? Killed. Dot Crit Dps? Killed.
  18. High Voltage Augur

Maybe devs need to reduce server load by reducing the number of instances to the bare minimum?
    On Vox several individuals managed to create pickzones in EoK, with each one occupied by a single bot group farming 24/7. This might get harder now, which is a nice side effect.
  19. High Voltage Augur

You forgot to threaten to cancel the subs on all of your [arbitrary number] accounts, so nobody cares.

Stop acting like a stubborn child.
  20. Superwisard New Member

When will this patch go live?