Test Update 02/08/2017 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Feb 8, 2017.

1. AgentofChange Augur

Hi, can you please not push this part of the patch to live? Thx.
  2. Sancus Augur

I'm aware of what changed and completely agree, I just wanted to clarify how it currently works (can't crit =/= doesn't change crit chance).

As it can crit, I'd be pretty surprised if they ommitted 100% crit chance on account of Necros (which was a hypothesis mentioned in another thread), since their passive crit rate is already 79%.
  3. Cezz Journeyman

DBG, I humbly suggest that in the future if you have trouble understanding the way Everquest works you should consult the community before wasting your time on pointless and destructive changes to the game. Thank you.
  4. tmplatten Lorekeeper

5. gotwar Gotcharms

I figured you did, just wanted to further reinforce Sindaiann's point because, given the wording in the patch notes, we're fairly sure this is intentional and we are worried.

Also nobody can play right now so that just compounds the frustration =p
    Sindaiann and Sancus like this.
  6. tmplatten Lorekeeper

Agree I am shocked at the double mana and 2.5x greater recast. What is the message this sends? We want enchanters to not be able to do their jobs? enchanters to be weak and useless?
    I agree ZERO reason to do that. I also never cast more than one unity at a time. I didn't know people could do that. But to make us wait 28 seconds for unity, it's insanely bad. WE all hope you rethink this, maybe even play the class, to see how devastatingly horrible a 28 s unity causes.

I just sit and watch people play now.
  7. tmplatten Lorekeeper

INSANELY absurd. I think dev should play the class. You want enchanters to not save parties any longer? 28s unity recast will have that result. I died a lot yesterday, due to this unwise decision of yours and I hope you remove this. 28s is just ridiculous. I can barely play now, barely do what I'm supposed to. We are all praying you stop the nonsense and set it back where it belong at 12s You also more than double the mana required for this spellcast. I am shocked, dismayed, horrified, frustrated, upset; You made the ench class not fun to play. Could I prevail? Yes but it is a lottttt more work now. I suggest you let all casting classes have more spell sets. A LOT more because we have to change spells WAY more often now. Please don't destroy and gimpout enchanters.
  8. tmplatten Lorekeeper

I feel like what is the point of even having unity anymore? Just remove thte spell from the game or make it 900 seconds to cast. yeah.
  9. Sindaiann Augur

Yeah that was my fault. I said flat out it can't crit in the initial post and that was misinformation. All I meant is either allow each DoT tick with GoCH running to crit on that 100% chance or remove it from affecting dot's because it will severely impact our own DPS.
    tmplatten and Sancus like this.
  10. Leigo You come here often?

What are you comparing this to? I main an sk. I can't raid due to work so I'm grp geared and I can't swarm EoK.. The most I can handle is 4 mobs with a healer on reactive. MC procing was a saving grace when that would happen. Generally I don't have more then 2 at a time. Don't compare those that have endgame raid gear to those of us that are just grp geared.
  11. Eangel Elder

I don't think fransisco has actually played a max level SK or a tank for that matter, thus the generalizations.
    Leigo likes this.
  12. svann Augur

Was the Clayton Teek HA change supposed to go live today? Cause he is. Not that that is a bad thing, but I hope you didnt just patch the live server with the test code.
  13. Password1234 Augur

Clayton Teek has been up for a few days now on live. IDK if he works properly on test but on Xegony at least he's broken.
    Repthor likes this.
  14. smash Augur

This does not Work, so If I die, my corpse will be moved to normal zone.
    Then I can only get a rez in the normal zone, so I need rest of Group to move there.

Do NOT put this in. It is bound to be a disaster.
  15. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Scoured Cabilis and couldn't find any new questgivers. I really hope these npcs are "Always up" and not some random spawn like the Wurmslayer dude in FV.
    Doucha likes this.
  16. smash Augur

Was there not also some zerker WHO also lost their accuracy ?
  17. Siddar Augur

Don't blame necro's this doesn't work on any of their DoT's. Are on mind storm for that matter. All and all change to hurt enchanter dps for no gain. Like grinding 1000 aa for synergy only to find out it only works on bewildering constriction.
  18. Ryak Augur

Please make sure that if you load balance Plane of Tranquility that Agents of Change can be used outside the main pick. Otherwise people will not be able to get into their raid instances!!!
  19. Sindaiann Augur

Not blaming anyone, and it 100% is eating the charge on our Mind Storm dot. Enchanter that is. Which based on the wording of the proposed change is odd.
  20. Murdock New Member

It's hilarious how SK's keep getting hit with a nerf stick yet Zerkers are way overpowered and they get to continue on. Really need to learn how to properly balance classes or it's going to stop being fun to play.