Test Update 02/05/13

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by JChan, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

As long as they remove the overlap of being rooted by the mino and getting the fireball emote at the same time.
  2. Quatreh Elder

even with root pples fail emote, you know it ;)
  3. Explicit Augur

Heroic Blade has no recourse like is stated in the description, spell data points to a blank spell -- ID:37195. I've tried on numerous occasions just incase I missed something but there is definitely no recourse of any kind.

Heroic Blade WAR/254 Recourse: [Spell 37195] --- there is no Spell 37195
    1: 2H Slash Attack for 2373 with 1000% Accuracy Mod
    2: 2H Slash Attack for 2505 with 500% Accuracy Mod
    3: 2H Slash Attack for 2720 with 200% Accuracy Mod
    Fllint likes this.
  4. Gragas Augur

- Lowered the damage on Meljeldin, Bane of Giants, as it was higher than intended.

Whoever made this decision, what is wrong with you? It was an actual upgrade, now only weapon worth having is the pike, period, rest is pure crap.
    Sigourney likes this.
  5. Axxius Augur

Thankfully, the devs don't need to ask permission to disable obvious exploits ;)
  6. iniari-TR Augur

hardly an exploit. gating / evac has been used in other events to avoid a death.
    its not doing something like /buffblock to avoid a DT or exploiting geometry to avoid damage while continuing to do damage.

the chopping block is 100% death designed to be unavoidable.. its a cheap mechanic to use by the devs in a script. if it can be avoided by a simple gate by a player I call it fair.
  7. Rafather Augur

hold up, hold up, who dies from being put on the chopping block?? you can't kill 1 simple executioner before it gets to the chopping block?

even bigger problem is gating out when getting the fire ball emote. it is a sad day when guilds have to do an ae tl to give everyone a gate box incase they get a fireball emote. either have a dt or let the fireball go rogue and float around the whole raid for 30 seconds.
  8. Ronak Augur

I find it hard to believe anyone is using TL/gate as a strategy for emotes on events.
    -----Cinexa----- likes this.
  9. Rafather Augur

Warrior - Warriors have a new Heroic Blade activated AA available. Respect!

I can't respect this ability, right now there is ZERO recourse and all it did was:
    [Thu Feb 07 16:47:36 2013] You begin casting Heroic Blade.
    [Thu Feb 07 16:47:36 2013] You slash a wild naeya for 16837 points of damage.
    [Thu Feb 07 16:47:36 2013] You slash a wild naeya for 14062 points of damage.
    [Thu Feb 07 16:47:36 2013] You slash a wild naeya for 19266 points of damage.
    [Thu Feb 07 16:47:36 2013] A wild naeya is slashed by a heroic blade.

once every 20min???? cmon why ??
  10. Fllint Elder

If you don't put a recourse to this ability like the one attached to the SK's Crimson Blade abilities recourse, this ability will be 100% useless and was a waste of your time. A 20 min reuse triple attack with no other benefit is a joke.
  11. Explicit Augur

The description says the recourse will boost crit damage for 1 minute, and as you can see from the spell data that there -is- supposed to be one...it's just a matter of someone fixing it. Let's shoot for March or April on that part happening though
  12. Fllint Elder

I really hope its not a boost in crit damage b/c it will not work with either brutal onslaught or glyph of the cataclysm if that's the case. It should be just like the SK recourse minus the spell crit part (aka Increase All Skills Minimum Damage Modifier)
  13. Qulas Augur

Gating out to avoid Fireballs or Chopping Blocks is EXACTLY like exploiting geometry, since by gating out the entire raid is avoiding the fireballs completely.

The Chopping Block is not a 100% death whatsoever either. If you didn't gate out as soon as you got the emote, you'd see the very clear and obvious way to stop from being executed.

I am in favor of the entire raid getting Death Touched if someone casts a gate after getting either of these emotes.
  14. Tenken Augur

Does this mean his loot will be purchase-able from the tier 2 vendor? Since basically vulak is just like velishan for the [optional] progression; his Loot is purchase-able from vendor, so ya im just asking before i get my hopes up.
  15. Axxius Augur

Whoa there. In what other events has gating/evac been used to avoid death by your guild? Think you might have said more than your guild leader would like. ;)

And if you think that the Chopping Block is 100% unavoidable death... Oh boy... :rolleyes:
    Do the devs need an example of a guild that exploits to win Xorbb 1? One right here :)
    -----Cinexa----- likes this.
  16. Candydare Elder

Elidroth wrote this:
    "I'm in favor of Vulak loot being on the vendor so long as he's the only one dropping any currency. I'll talk with Chandrok and the rest of the team about this next week.

Keep in mind, the cost for anything on any currency vendor is a function of how much currency you can acquire in a given period. So adding more currency somewhere, will only make the prices of things go up slightly. It won't shorten your time to acquire a given piece. "

I don't think they made a final decision yet but we can all hope for the best!:)
  17. iniari-TR Augur

guilds try many idea's to succeed on an event. some work some don't. not sure what is considered "ok" by a dev until they make specific mention of a tactic / change event.
    there have been events that kill a player that leaves the area, and others that kill them trying to get back in. running in circles kiting , AE's , dots' , leashing , zerging , chain rezzing etc etc have all been employed as valid tactics by a great many guilds for years. the devs wish us to use our class spells / skills / etc to defeat their events. all is fair in war - ( unless the GameMaster changes the rules )
  18. Elricvonclief Augur

I think it's sad that adjusting the Executioner is expected to make this event viable for more guilds.

I normally refrain from knocking devs, but seriously?

Seriously?
  19. Insaneox Augur

Guardian of the Gate raid does need work but the executioner part is not the big issue with this raid. The idea behind what I think they attempted would of made a fun raid. Now its mainly zerg! And zerg meaning burning a mob asap or fail.

Who beta tested this event?
  20. Rogue Augur

SS3 shark event comes to mind as an event many guilds would gate to avoid death from.