Test Update 01/16/14

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by crieger, Jan 16, 2014.

1. Riou EQResource

Dunno, it would then have to depend on how you're rewarded because this also goes by your level, if it went by average level then 5 85s + 1 100 zerker/rogue/ranger could basically insta win the instance for max currency
  2. Tarrin Augur

Apples and Oranges.
  3. Elricvonclief Augur

Warriors have needed a bone, especially in the group game, for years.

Please reconsider the changes to NTTB.
    Dre. likes this.
  4. juddor Elder

or give us the logic behind the nurf... as everyone seems to be at a loss
  5. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

Clerics were complaining they were not rezzing enough
  6. guado Augur

I have a theory as to why NTTB was nerfed (this is coming from a DRUID)

Beta raids were too easily beat. What was one factor as to why?: Warriors being too beefy due to NTTB. This nerf is a shortcut. Instead of retuning the events, they just nerf bat warriors. Sorry guys. Must suck to be a warrior. Hey, Druid spells and the BP click are a joke. I will most likely re roll to a class that is actually useful. Damn... been a Druid for so many years.

If anyone TLDR'd me, you're lazy, and I love warriors and believe they should out tank a hybrid.
  7. guado Augur

true. BUMP!
  8. Dre. Altoholic

Bolding mine. This is a broad nerf to the Warrior class, impacting our ability to to tank ANY current content more than 3 minutes at a time.

Extend=no can not be allowed to go live.
  9. Sinestra Augur

It's really not. The fact that Warrior really need some help is irrelevant to the comparison. Giving little to no reason for the change is stupid. Changing something so long after it was introduced is stupid. Feigning ignorance of the problem when it was well known is stupid. And this isn't just about how similar it is to Necromancers. It happens to all classes and rather than getting behind the classes you personally aren't playing you say nothing or agree with the changes, you shouldn't expect support when it's your turn. That's just common sense.

Regardless, this was uneeded.
  10. Marshall Maathers Augur

I am terribly disheartened to see that Piestro has posted in other locations on the forums but has ignored this issue. We are 24 hours from the nerf going live and there seems like nothing we can do to get any answers on this.

Also, though it really means nothing, and I don't know why it was even brought up in the first place, but I supported necros through the death bloom nerfing, and I supported kiters when they wanted to add summoning mobs. Doesn't mean I expect anyone to support us in this case, and actually would rather people actually support us if they believe the nerf is a mistake, not as a favor for supporting them...
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  11. Goth Augur

sadly they will nerf something like this so fast but yet let some classes kill currently level content in mass and cause all sorts of zone problems. but the fix for that was to simply allow lvl 70 to group in instances.

sometimes SoE-EQ development/management decisions trouble me.
  12. juddor Elder

i forsee much hate threads poping up from warriors on wednesday...
  13. Bart Journeyman

The Achievements window seems cluttered for just the Explorer Ach's. Why not just make a tab called Northath Traveler's and put Ruins of Kunark to Secrets of Faydwer Tab's inside that. By the way, Secrets of Faydwer does not have a Exploration sub-tab like the rest, it just has the General sub-tab.
  14. Rainbowdash Augur

The explorer achievements just went up on Test. Bit of feedback!

1. It seems the Dragons of Norrath achievements are very....mixed up. Example: Lavaspinner's Lair is incorrectly giving the achievement for Thundercrest Isles. Consequently Thundercrest Isles did not give me an achievement at all, but that was likely cause i already had all of them except Lavaspinners and Thundercrest when I logged in, and is associating it with another zone. Ironic given I know i've zoned into Thundercrest before, I really love this zone so it's where i choose to farm the drake egg for one of my tradeskill trophies, and again for the salt for the Shawl. all since RoF went Live. I'd guess most, if not all, of the DoN zones are incorrectly assigned.

2. Hermit's Hideaway. I don't know how rare this house is on Live, but given it's a pretty rare LoN item...I don't think anyone on Test even has it at all :(. Making this achievement arc unable to be completed on this server. There may be a Live server or two that's in the same boat. I'd suggest this particular achievement be made optional for the arc, just like the wedding zones. Or have a GM come place one on a random plot under his name and let us find it ;P For that matter may wanna make Grand Guild Hall the same way, most people go ahead and just buy Palatial, making every guild hall you run across either a Modest or Palatial.

Was fun though! Everyone in guild has been running around to old zones since they logged in today haha. Now we just need achievements for old quests! *Looks at Dzarn* <3
    Ishtass likes this.