Test Update 01/14/2015

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by KevinMcP, Jan 13, 2015.

1. Zantor Augur

Any plans to adding Briny's and global rare drops in HA's?
  2. Riou EQResource

I didn't look at every disc for every melee but they looked to be bigger negatives then RoF (that is be less resistant then RoF discs on everything)
  3. Sancus Augur

Somewhere Roshen confirmed that global rare drops do drop in HAs... Not 100% sure on brinys.
  4. RangerDanger#1 Lorekeeper

its a reward and a thank you gift, i understand..but a hat? really? its going to go....unappreciated.
    Lisandra likes this.
  5. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

A hat that you have to pay to be able to use, no less.
    Lisandra likes this.
  6. Draco Journeyman

Is it even in game yet? have yet to see one. How many beta tokens did you need to have in order to receive this reward? still no reply to that question.
    Lisandra likes this.
  7. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

I think it was said earlier that the /claim window is global, so it won't actually go in until it goes in on live. The number of tokens necessary varies.
    Riou likes this.
  8. Silv Augur

Fairly certain I've seen people post about getting Briny off trash in HAs. Someone may have the link.

They're so smart aren't they? :p Helms are so ugly in this game... I honestly think a hat is the absolute last thing I would want for spending a ton of time testing content. Normally I'd say you can't complain about something "free" but this isn't a free item. It took away time from playing your "real" character to help them do testing.

For other bugs:

1. The Mana Overburn AA is still not affecting any of the higher level (>Lv. 80) single target Enchanter "Flare" spells (e.g. Mana Reciprocation [103]). In TDS beta this was supposedly being fixed. The change either never happened or if it went in it's not working as intended.

2. I see that there's no mention of a Geomantra / Enchanter spell shield stacking fix. A 500 damage absorb buff from 11 years ago should not be blocking/overwriting my 50k Lv. 104 spell. I really don't wanna wait till SOE Live and have to buy a dev 20 drinks for some fix. :)
    RPoo and Lisandra like this.
  9. SpamFactory Augur

when you qualify for the gold hero forge suit from recruit rewards the claim window grant includes a complementary hero forge feature unlocker.

it's entirely possible that the beta reward could do the same, so I wouldn't get outraged until we've seen exactly what's in the claim window
  10. Riou EQResource

those aren't really comparable though, beta you can cheese hard with no effort, recruiting 25 people to get that reward gave SOE like 400$ irl
    Lisandra likes this.
  11. Savager Augur

Any plans to add McKenzie's Special Brews to Alerynril?
  12. fortuneteller Augur

Seems like a lot of rewards are now SC related.

Unless they give a free HF for the char that claims it.

But even then I would not use it, as have HF turned off.
  13. Gnar Augur

I was hoping for a lizardman illusion.
    Kucaniz, Savager and Lisandra like this.
  14. Koryu Professional Roadkill

There is definitely still something wrong with the August Bounder items. The recommended and required levels have been corrected, but I am still unable to put Boundless Symbols into the correct augment slots. I am getting the error: "This item does not satisfy the augment's restrictions." It's as if the August Bounder items are not properly flagged as August. I did try creating a full set of Boundless Symbols to test whether the slots were misaligned (i.e. chest symbol going into leg slot) but that was not the problem.

The bag sound effect reduction is okay. Picking up/dropping an item uses the same exact same sound as bag opening/closing, but is still at the previous volume level though.
    Lisandra likes this.
  15. guado Augur

I was hoping for that awesome Othmir illusion, even though it makes no sense for TDS.
  16. Heile Lorekeeper

Just wanted to point out that all the 101-105 rogue discs seem to be working and has landed on all tries. Includes Hack, Jugular Hack, Wide-eyed Mark, Audacious Escape, Surprise Attack, and Smokescreen. Barrage was working previous to this patch and still works. I did use them on older content mobs and not any TDS mobs since I didn't have the time to try this morning
    Lisandra likes this.
  17. Crumm Lorekeeper

I'm assuming the Boundless reaching symbols with an extra 1000 hps have been corrected?

Any other word on cultural armor changes?
  18. Rainbowdash Augur

I know you (SoE) won't get enough, if any, credit for this change because it doesn't involve gear, numbers, raids, or stats so most people will gloss right over it. So I'll do it. Whoever did this:

- Made an adjustment to the way that NPC character models created prior to the Omens of War expansion are loaded and displayed. This change coincides with a number of minor graphical updates and fixes to these models.

I love you. Fixed all those weird little graphical bugs (black splotches on models, like sand giant hats, old evil eyes, guard/merchant's shoes etc), semi-transparent npcs going nearly full transparent if in front of other semi-transparent textures (like air/water elementals in front of bodies of water) etc. all fixed. Among several others. <3

But most importantly off all...

[IMG]

You separated old/new models from each other. So they no longer have to overwrite each other! so you have, for example, all 3 versions of the skeleton model in-game at once! This opens up the door to going back and reverting all the revamped npc models in old zones back to the old version, like orcs in Crushbone, goblins in Runneye, snakes, bats, rats, spiders, skeletons, wolves. Even the old Velious dire Wolves (Which you could revert the models in the RoF 'revamps' too, maybe? ;P) Something I seriously hope you guys consider doing.

Also, now that it's possible without breaking something, Classic Skeleton illusion. Now. I don't care if it's an anni task reward, I don't care if it's SC, I don't care how much it costs (Well, I do. Within reason) Please for the love of Luclin make it happen! you'd probably be surprised at how much you'd make on SC sales on that one item alone, spectre too. Or maybe it'd not be a surprise. I don't know.
    Ozni, Silv, PrathunSOE and 1 other person like this.
  19. Brudal Augur

Since we can no longer use pets/familiars as trash cans,please provide a way to selectively eliminate items in our "recycle/recovery" bin or provide a npc quest item garbage collector.
  20. Brohan07 Journeyman

I read the highlights of pets returning items they can not equip as a good thing for those that, say while standing next to a NPC about to do a hand in for a quest etc., and have their pet next to them close to the NPC by mistake hand the item to their pet and hastily hit OK. Or that if we are about to give our pet a weapon or a piece of armor assuming the pet will properly equip it, attunable etc., that it would spit it out and finally provide a concise answer to what exactly pets can and cannot equip. Never thought of them as a garbage collector.