Test Update 01/13/2016

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by Hludwolf, Jan 13, 2016.

1. Hellboy007 Augur

bah slap in face nerf to MB again.. so if the damage is limited should this not use less mana if the damage is not done in full..
  2. Zaviere Augur

So Neglection Flayer is NOT having its proc changed from the Rune proc?

Well, I wasted some DKP on that weapon recently then, I was banking on it getting a damage proc instead of the Rune proc, as per Dzarn's earlier "preview" post. I mean, I know a bunch of people didn't want it to get changed, but meh...
  3. Triconix Augur

He stated not long after that the proc wasn't getting changed.
  4. Greyvvolf Lorekeeper

Ugh, why the change the proc to Vampiric? Finally get a Fire/Ice weapon proc combo (with Feather of the Lady) on a sub 22 delay weapon that Rangers can use, and gain benefits from both SMoElements and SMoFire/Ice... and you make it Vampiric? Boost the damage to be better than Arx weapons sure but leave the type of proc as it is. And yes I know our SMoFire/Ice lines boost magic as well, but would rather have the 1200 DD fire proc from Strike of Flames XI (and it's currently Strike of Flames VIII on Live by the way), than the 720 from Vamp XI.

You left the proc on Neglection Flayer the same, could you do the same to this?
    Ruven_BB and Jennre like this.
  5. Jennre Band Leader

I agree with Grey
    Ruven_BB likes this.
  6. Cury Elder

Agree.
    Fire and Ice procs on the Ranger-useable sub 22 delay weapons are desired.
  7. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Lot of good changes in here but HoS, really? Those tasks (and that zone in general) were absolutely horrendous. Nice to see them getting attention when there's nothing else to fix.......
    Ratbo Peep likes this.
  8. Axxius Augur

Awesome!

But why does Cured Flesh Sash of Boromas (melee proc) have higher mana and hINT and lower AC, hSTA, hAGI, hDEX than Runed Belt of Boromas (caster proc)?

Wrong procs on wrong belts? It would make a lot more sense to swap them.
    Dropfast likes this.
  9. Makavien Augur

- The Broken Mirror Warrior, Cleric, Paladin, and Shadowknight armor now has bash skill damage bonuses.

Can warrior have kick added to them as well since we use kick whenever we are not using a sword and board combination?
  10. Silv Augur

I know Sind and myself are also curious about this... I wasn't able to get into test right now to look for myself. If it's not changed yet I really really really hope it is evaluated for the next patch in February. Current model pretty much has all silk classes with pretty identical stats across the board; some minor heroic variations but that's about it. Might as well have just made one caster set.
    Jhenna_BB likes this.
  11. Hiladdar Augur

This looks great. Thank you.

The next step, is to check it out on Test Server, then check it out for a week or two on the production servers. Finally, take a look at what loose ends need to be tied up. I expect that this patch will clean up most of the most egregious issues.
  12. Axxius Augur

This change only affects targets will less than 10 mil hp (1-shotting old raid mobs! wasn't that exactly the reason the classic MB got nerfed 12 years ago or so? the history repeats itself lol)

On the plus side, they can allow using MB in PvP again.
    Sheex and Reht like this.
  13. Daldolin Deathdealer New Member

Ok I know this is stupid but....

- Type 5 augmentations found in The Broken Mirror now fit into primary, secondary, range and charm slots.

Can anyone confirm that the Type 9 augmentations are also able to go into primary, secondary, range and charm slots?
  14. Taiqwon Augur

Does this last line include the missing +FK and +TigerClaw modifiers that monk gear normally has?

This is cool but there's another stacking issue with this buff and monk BP clicks. Not as major for sure but perhaps it can make the list for next patch?
    Ishtass, Ssdar and Jhenna_BB like this.
  15. Sancus Augur

My EM 23 Earth pet with pet taunt on, aggro swords, and Companion's Provocative Demeanor is borderline holding aggro from me (in the high 90's for most of the fight). This isn't that new; Earth pets have been at that point for a while. However, the affect these pet changes had on Remorseless Servant pets is absolutely terrible. They're useless as an off tank: they can't pull aggro from my main pet, and a single rain cast pulls aggro if I try to use them on a different mob. They simply aren't serving their intended function right now.

The continued nerfing of the Magician class is really disappointing, especially since this is pretty clearly the result of ill thought out pet changes made for the TLP servers. Our mana regen was staganted because we had rains. Then, you made our rains a shadow of their former selves, but our mana regen is so terrible that we are still forced to use them (and we still have significant mana issues). Now you make it so our pets can't hold aggro on more than one mob, making the use of rains with 2+ mobs impractical, but do nothing to make our mana consumption when using single target spells semi-reasonable.

Basically, RS pet aggro needs to be significantly increased. There is absolutely nothing wrong with how they are on live; if you want to change something, revert your stupid pet changes.
    Atlans and Iila like this.
  16. Malbro Augur

Is there a reason that, even tho the types 5 and 9 says ear and finger, that they don't / won't go into those slots?
  17. Sancus Augur

Thank you for changing SPA 413 so that it affects Line of Sight nukes. However, the Spell Focus AAs for Spear of Molten Shieldstone and Bolt of Molten Shieldstone are still using SPA 286 instead of 413. Could these be updated please?
    Atlans likes this.
  18. Quality Lorekeeper

I can't comment on earrings, but on the live server I've had a ring with the type 5/9 in it for a month. The only gear I had that wouldn't accept them is charm/range, which it appears they've corrected.

My only concern is they singled out BS for rogues but mentioned nothing about monks FK/TC. However they have a general statement amount gear mods that I hope is including those. If not that will be annoying, but I'll wait until confirmation to be happy or mad lol.
  19. Quality Lorekeeper

Ha, my thoughts exactly. I was like well, at least there was nothing else more pressing to address LOL. Maybe it was just a super easy fix so they did it while they were in there. I am sad to see reports that this Dich line isn't working as intended still. The rank1 version is still a pretty awesome boost for monks at least. God knows we need it, considering we're slowly being phased out as dps.
  20. Eanelder Augur

75% is the increase specified in the Companion's Provocative Demeanor AA description, so I think its logical to assume that the default was decreased by an equivalent amount. I had no aggro issues with my main pet while nuking (although my TEST toon is a year out of sync).

My main pet (water) was easily able to get aggro off my swarm pet (servant) and I'm pretty sure this is becaise the change to aggro BEING applied to swarm pets as well. Not sure if I like that as a mage.

Plan to test further when I can get my Test toon updated.