Test Update 01/10/2023 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Jan 10, 2023.

1. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Finally something useful!
    Wdor, Skuz, Axxius and 1 other person like this.
  2. alanus Augur

No fix to the drop rate of type 7 augs from T1 zones?

No fix to heroic AA not going above the TOL caps?

That's disappointing
    Allayna, Ismel and Cadira like this.
  3. Swiss Augur

Unless the parser is messed up it seems most mobs in firefall and tangle weaver's are 50-60m(aside from broken PHs), t2 zones are 70-75m with the high HP like golems in shadow haven and fungi in deepshade being 150m.

For some named/mission comparisons.
    Burn mission for cloak is 215m~
    Bedrock Burrower in firefall is 223m~
    Chromatic Widow in darklight is 288m~
    Mycorrhizal Mutation in darklight is 259m~
    Geoxyle in darklight is 293m~
    Ayoaenae in deepshade is 299m~

That is all I can find since I last deleted logs. For trash mobs I farmed in the spots awhile for collects so think they are accurate but parser may have not picked up some damage or something.
    alanus and kizant like this.
  4. ZenMaster formless, shapeless

Isn't the teleport change to 30 minutes a positive? I assume they are altering the inventory recast delay from 20 hours to 30 minutes and teleports placed in housing and guild hall will remain unchanged at no recast?
    Silvena, Yinla, Sindace and 1 other person like this.
  5. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

Why are Dream motes so much more expensive than other currencies?

[Thu Jan 12 15:37:47 2023] a mysterious presence told you, 'That'll be 700 Overseer Tetradrachms per Bathezid Trade Gem.'
    [Thu Jan 12 15:37:48 2023] a mysterious presence told you, 'That'll be 700 Overseer Tetradrachms per Brellium Token.'
    [Thu Jan 12 15:37:48 2023] a mysterious presence told you, 'That'll be 700 Overseer Tetradrachms per Fettered Ifrit Coin.'
    [Thu Jan 12 15:37:49 2023] a mysterious presence told you, 'That'll be 700 Overseer Tetradrachms per Froststone Ducat.'
    [Thu Jan 12 15:37:50 2023] a mysterious presence told you, 'That'll be 700 Overseer Tetradrachms per Mark of Valor.'
    [Thu Jan 12 15:37:51 2023] a mysterious presence told you, 'That'll be 700 Overseer Tetradrachms per Piece of Eight.'
    [Thu Jan 12 15:37:51 2023] a mysterious presence told you, 'That'll be 700 Overseer Tetradrachms per Remnant of Tranquility.'
    [Thu Jan 12 15:37:52 2023] a mysterious presence told you, 'That'll be 700 Overseer Tetradrachms per Restless Mark.'
    [Thu Jan 12 15:37:53 2023] a mysterious presence told you, 'That'll be 700 Overseer Tetradrachms per Sathir Trade Gem.'
    [Thu Jan 12 15:37:54 2023] a mysterious presence told you, 'That'll be 700 Overseer Tetradrachms per Scarlet Mark.'
    [Thu Jan 12 15:37:57 2023] a mysterious presence told you, 'That'll be 3000 Overseer Tetradrachms per Dream Mote.'

Power Source info just because I was in there:

[Thu Jan 12 15:38:00 2023] a mysterious presence told you, 'That'll be 5000 Overseer Tetradrachms for the Xorbb's Caged Hatred.'
    [Thu Jan 12 15:38:01 2023] a mysterious presence told you, 'That'll be 7500 Overseer Tetradrachms for the Combine Power Shard.'
    [Thu Jan 12 15:38:01 2023] a mysterious presence told you, 'That'll be 7500 Overseer Tetradrachms for the Geomantic Steelstone.'
    [Thu Jan 12 15:38:02 2023] a mysterious presence told you, 'That'll be 7500 Overseer Tetradrachms for the Ocean Purification Stone.'
    [Thu Jan 12 15:38:03 2023] a mysterious presence told you, 'That'll be 7500 Overseer Tetradrachms for the Thaell Ew Totem.'
    [Thu Jan 12 15:38:04 2023] a mysterious presence told you, 'That'll be 10000 Overseer Tetradrachms for the Cliff Stone.'
    [Thu Jan 12 15:38:05 2023] a mysterious presence told you, 'That'll be 10000 Overseer Tetradrachms for the Enchanted Dragon Scale.'
    [Thu Jan 12 15:38:07 2023] a mysterious presence told you, 'That'll be 10000 Overseer Tetradrachms for the Magma Stone.'
    [Thu Jan 12 15:38:09 2023] a mysterious presence told you, 'That'll be 10000 Overseer Tetradrachms for the Scorpikis Worry Stone.'
    [Thu Jan 12 15:38:21 2023] a mysterious presence told you, 'That'll be 12500 Overseer Tetradrachms for the Velium Assaulter Source.'
    [Thu Jan 12 15:38:22 2023] a mysterious presence told you, 'That'll be 12500 Overseer Tetradrachms for the Velium Convoker Source.'
    [Thu Jan 12 15:38:22 2023] a mysterious presence told you, 'That'll be 12500 Overseer Tetradrachms for the Velium Mendicant Source.'
    [Thu Jan 12 15:38:25 2023] a mysterious presence told you, 'That'll be 12500 Overseer Tetradrachms for the Velium Protector Source.'

And Alaran Fragment:
    [Thu Jan 12 15:38:12 2023] a mysterious presence told you, 'That'll be 10000 Overseer Tetradrachms per Fragment of Legendary Alaran History.'
    Cadira, CrazyLarth and Sprooce like this.
  6. CrazyLarth Augur

Cadira likes this.
  7. Sindace Elder

The Darklight Caverns merc quests have been "fixed" but no mention of it in the patch notes.
  8. Swiss Augur

Can you elaborate on how they are "fixed", like no AA or replay timer etc?
    Thanks.
  9. Cadira Augur

10. Svann2 The Magnificent

Still no fix for hero's fortitude/resolution/vitality? Thats kind of weird that it would go past January. To be clear they are at 86/95, 43/48, 86/95 with all group achievements done. Should be all capped.
  11. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

For absolutely no risk? I don't see it as that bad. I got 4250 Tertathingies just for logging in and accepting the rewards of the overseer quests (12hr ones) That's like 1 type 5 every 2 months?

On the other hand, it costs 2,499,000 Tertathings to buy enough Piece of eight to get something from the T3 merchant (3570 PoE) from TDS.. that's a bit silly... no.. that's just downright absurd.

The costs of these really need to be looked into or it will just be a waste of time and further the image of development not understanding the basics of the game.

I'd say the same with the fragment of alaran history, 2 Mil or so is an absolutely high cost, vs the relative ease of just doing the quest in shard's landing over and over.
    alanus likes this.
  12. Wulfhere Augur

I have 992k banked so maybe the Devs are wanting a Tetradrachms drain (more than stellar rewards)?
  13. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

A drain is fine, but it should also be reasonable. Like I said, 0 risk, I can get 350k TetraD's in 1-2 months. But like my other example.. 2.5 Million for a single T3 item in TDS is a mental disconnect, as is 3000 per dream mote.
  14. Cadira Augur

It looks like zero thought was put into the pricing and just threw a blanket cost on everything.

Zero risk or not, 1 to 2 months for an obsolete type 5 from what more or less seems like a catch-up minigame seems....bad.
    Tarvas likes this.
  15. Svann2 The Magnificent

I think the way they are going they are trying to break the idea that you can easily get everything you want.
  16. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

I'm not fully disagreeing, more that if it is too "cost effective" it takes precedence over running some HA's. It needs a decent balance and should supplement HA currency gains. I haven't done all of the cross checking, but it seems to be trying to stay in line with the availability of the currency from the loyalty vendor. (which is pretty awful itself)

it really does need a once-over. If it is out-priced, then no one will bother with it. If it is under-priced, it will supersede doing HA's for larger sums. It ought to balance out within there OR at least ensure that it is locked out until the available currency is at least 1 expansion behind current for a server.

You're right though, it is a bit silly having old content being priced out as if it were current (that goes for loyalty ones too)
    Cadira likes this.
  17. Bernel Augur

I bet the Overseer prices will get tweaked over time. As we all know, getting the economy right in EQ can be pretty tricky. Maybe they made the prices high at first to avoid exploits. Over time they can balance the prices so that they are appropriate for the reward. One possibility is that they will look at how many purchases are being made and balance the prices for that. Items with lots of purchases may get more expensive and items with few purchases may get cheaper.
    Kaenneth and Ozon like this.
  18. WFSBelaar Lorekeeper

What changed?
  19. Thunderkiks Augur

Removed the experience
  20. Wyora New Member

Disappointing. The Hills of Shade Quest, Carrion My Wayward Sprout has been confirmed bugged, probably since body type changes were implemented (posted about here). Currently Aradune and Rizlona can't complete the the Cursed Faycite quest line. Cynical me thinks it will get fixed for Mischief, like just about everything else. Hopeful me was thinking maybe this patch. Guess cynical me wins.
    daranged likes this.