Test Update 01/10/2023 - New Bugs Only

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Jan 10, 2023.

1. EQ Dev Developer

This thread is for new bugs and how to reproduce them only. Please keep all opinions, discussions, posts about balance, and anything else in the other thread.
    Patch notes and discussions thread
  2. Xellen Lorekeeper

I put this in Discord, but it's pretty big so should go here as well.

When completing a collection achievement the reward is being increased by a multiplier that has to be unintended. See below:

[Tue Jan 10 14:25:37 2023] You have collected Soot Covered Greaves!
    [Tue Jan 10 14:25:44 2023] You have gained 18 ability point(s)! You now have 188 ability point(s).
    [Tue Jan 10 14:25:44 2023] You have gained 49 mercenary ability point(s)! You now have 60 mercenary ability point(s).
    [Tue Jan 10 14:25:44 2023] You must spend some of your mercenary alternate ability points. You will no longer gain mercenary alternate ability points.
    [Tue Jan 10 14:25:44 2023] You gain experience!
    [Tue Jan 10 14:25:44 2023] You have completed achievement: Tried and Failed (Plane of Smoke)
    minimind likes this.
  3. Xellen Lorekeeper

There is a bug when fighting named mobs underwater. This does not apply to trashmobs.

[Tue Jan 10 14:29:20 2023] Your shadows fade.
    [Tue Jan 10 14:29:20 2023] You begin casting Scent of Thule XVI.
    [Tue Jan 10 14:29:20 2023] Jober slashes Eelworm for 75205 points of damage. (Critical)
    [Tue Jan 10 14:29:20 2023] Jober slashes Eelworm for 14221 points of damage.
    [Tue Jan 10 14:29:20 2023] Jober slashes Eelworm for 15592 points of damage. (Flurry)
    [Tue Jan 10 14:29:20 2023] Jober slashes Eelworm for 27568 points of damage. (Critical Flurry)
    [Tue Jan 10 14:29:20 2023] Jober slashes Eelworm for 53216 points of damage. (Critical)
    [Tue Jan 10 14:29:21 2023] Liquid distorts your view of the target, try casting your spell from a different location.
    [Tue Jan 10 14:29:21 2023] Your ability failed. Timer has been reset.

In the past we did not receive this message when the target was in / out of water and our character was opposite, our spells simply did not land.

Something is coded wrong it is saying the rare is on land when it is completely in the water and I am also completely in the water. I had to pull the rare out of the water and fight it on land in order to get the kill.
  4. Fenthen aka Rath

Champion's Oath is still missing?
    Shadeweaver mobs still have raid hitpoints?
  5. Warpeace Augur

Not going to hold my breath on that. Since it was not implemented during Beta I don't expect to ever see it. If they do push it out, I have extremely low expectations how it will perform for the class.
    alanus likes this.
  6. Meeko Developer(Code)

This has been fixed for the Live update. Thanks for the report.
    Jondalar, Xellen, Skuz and 1 other person like this.
  7. Slipdiggity New Member

The quest called A peace offering in Shar Vahl, Divided is give the proper amount of AA's ( actually half of what you would get from all the other partisan quests) but it gave 48 merc AA's and it also gave the necro 50% of a lvl on his 120 to finish that lvl off. So it seems it is as messed up as collections are.
  8. Xellen Lorekeeper

There are hundreds of players using this to level after many of us have said repeatedly don't risk it. I am asked daily what will happen and I have been replying I don't know but the devs are aware and it's fixed for the Live patch. Do you have any comment as to what will happen to those that are abusing this xp situation?
  9. Svann2 The Magnificent

If you are suggesting some kind of consequence:
    How would anyone tell the difference between someone turning in a collection because they know its giving too much xp and someone just turning in a collection? Its not like its repeatable so whats the difference?
    Toukan and alanus like this.
  10. Xellen Lorekeeper

I don't want to see hundreds of people getting banned even if it is for a few days. It would be nice to know if the hammer will drop or not. I have avoided doing any collection achievements during this time out of caution, not that I need to complete them for any experience or AA reason, just like to check them off.
  11. Svann2 The Magnificent

If it wasnt clear - Im saying its not going to happen. They arent banning anyone for this. And I am unanimous.
    Yinla likes this.
  12. Slipdiggity New Member

I have enough collections saved up and waiting to be turned in, saying this, I could level at least 12 of my lower characters to 120 easily on different accounts with saved collection items. I would love to do it but at the same time I won"t. I just hope they fix this on test fast as I want to click these items and get that completion without being accused of exploitation of a known bug.
    Xellen likes this.
  13. Slipdiggity New Member

Using overseer collection items on could do many collection quests at once, you could easily do a whole expansion of collections if you have that many of the collection thingies from overseer.
    Xellen likes this.
  14. Xellen Lorekeeper

People that don't play on Test full time don't really understand the full scope of this. There are players that copy over full expansions worth of collections for their boxes and guildmates. If you sit in Guild Lobby currently you will see a chain of XYZ completed ABC; then XYZ is level 110; then a few more and 115. It is insane to watch.

At first I figured they would get the reports and then bring down Test for a rollback. It's been so long now I really worry about a lot of my fellow players and getting a temporary ban.
  15. Bernel Augur

But with /testcopy, it's trivially easy to get max level characters instantly on test if you happen to have them on live. I would guess that many of those characters who are copying over full collections have max level chars that they could /testcopy over to Test and instantly be at 120. On live servers this would likely get addressed, but it doesn't seem as big a deal on Test due to /testcopy.
    alanus likes this.
  16. Svann2 The Magnificent

Yes, and people do that all the time without there being any bug. They save collections till they need xp then they use them. Its very common, and not seen as an exploit.
  17. WANNABEEEX New Member

I have over 2000 collection dispensers. If I use them all or a bunch of them to take a lvl 85 to 120, actually it would only take 280 of them to ding and 85 to 120. I see that as a problem (exploit) as most were copied from live servers. You saying its not banable and I think it is.. My opinion.
    Xellen likes this.
  18. Xellen Lorekeeper

I know we all act nice on these forums now but posts like Bernel and Svann2 that make me want to go back to the old flame and rants style.
  19. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

It's just the test server, if they were worried about it they would take the server down and fix it. But they aren't having more chars capable of testing content is what they want.
  20. Waring_McMarrin Augur

If they really were concerned about things like this on the test server they wouldn't let people copy all these things from live servers and effectively duplicate them for free.
    Svann2 likes this.