Test Server Pet Mitigation Parse thread.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Daegun, Aug 1, 2014.

1. Coruth Augur

No its not that simple. Because B4 Pet Adjustment was considered was referenced as too good compared to AFK Tanks, not using any actives.

The whole logic behind the change set is questionable, leading to a very real possibility of an overcorrection.
  2. Denial_Sinfae Augur

From before the pet nerfs, NTTB was nerfed already, I took my group geared warrior and played with Roon for 2750 seconds cycling all discs (LS, FG, Staunch, Runes, Roar, Ridicule, KS, GP, BG, BFI, IC, OOW BP, WB, flash as applicable.

Then I took my EM15 earth pet, and did the same thing, cycling Shell, Aegis, Groundswell, Auspice, Fortify, Blessing, and FBO.

I made sure to post the loadout of casts, and I worked MUCH less on the mage than warrior, and got thrashed comparatively. The page originally was #13 on the old thread HERE.

These were the results from pre-nerf, with a warrior cycling everything under the sun, and a mage clickin a few buttons.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
  3. Denial_Sinfae Augur

Now, the only change since then is the added stance. That will show up as a difference in DPS incoming on the tank, but it won't change the spread of the DI hits.

-- Trying to get on test to repeat the procedure, but now with the changes recently pushed out. I'm a test virgin. :(
  4. Unsunghero Elder

Thank you, u are most kind. I believe that pet parse is pre-nerf? I'm surprised to see Daegun's war had 10k+ ac, not to be critical, since I know very little about warriors, is 8400ac vs 10k ac the difference between raid and group gear? I don't have test either, I feel ya. But honestly, if that was pre-nerf, as bad as it may seem, compared to what numbers pre-nerf pets with cooldown were doing, it's not as bad as I expected in comparison

Yeah mages don't have too many buttons to click. Technically if they wanted to hurt their dps to make a parse look good (bad? depends on perspective), they could cast AA Aegis over and over, it has a fairly fast refresh
  5. Brogett Augur

Or alternatively, people will report you in order to silence you and stop the information from getting out there.

Mods: please realise that there is a sector of players who will report people to keep things secret. They are playing you. I know how you feel Daegun; a couple berserkers did the exact same thing to me recently too. Mods really need to wise up and read the posts instead of granting power to players.
  6. Denial_Sinfae Augur

[IMG]
    [IMG]

Sonok: 100 War, Max AA, Dodge VII, Parry VII, around 10.8k AC throughout the fight when not under defense through various spam abilities.

Cycled constantly- Last Stand, Shield Proficiency, Stalwart Runes, Field Guardian, Steadfast, Fortitude, Flash, Jab Through, Gut Punch, Knee Strike, No Time to Bleed, Blade Guardian, Brace for Impact, Imperators Command, Ridicule, Roar of Challenge (accuracy debuff), Group Vie BP CoTF T1, Anguish BP, Diplomatic Papers, Warriors Auspice, Warlord's Bravery, and First Spire.

Casting summary:

Roon on 8/3/2014

Sonok - 302
    --- Blade Guardian - 3
    --- Blast of Anger - 4
    --- Brace For Impact - 2
    --- Defensive / Evasive disc ended - 6
    --- Defensive Proficiency - 2
    --- Diplomatic Immunity - 3
    --- First Spire of the Warlord - 1
    --- Fortitude Disc - 1
    --- Fortitude disc ended - 1
    --- Guardian's Bravery - 4
    --- Gut Punch - 38
    --- Heroic Blade - 1
    --- Imperator's Command - 7
    --- Infusion of Rage - 75
    --- Knee Strike - 38
    --- Last Stand Effect II - 34
    --- Received DI - 1
    --- Resplendent Glory 5 - 1
    --- Stalwart Rune Effect - 11
    --- Strike of Ire - 58
    --- Stunning Kick - 6
    --- Twitching Speed - 1
    --- Vie faded - 1
    --- Warlord's Resurgence - 1
    --- Warrior's Perception - 2

Tanking summary:

/GU Tanking summary for: Sonok --- Total damage: 8209490 --- Avg hit: 5716 --- Swings: 2684 --- Defended: 798 (29.7%) --- Hit: 1436 (53.5%) --- Missed: 450 (16.8%) --- Accuracy: 76.1% --- Dodged: 221 (10.5%) --- Parried: 307 (11.9%) --- Blocked: 114 (4.2%) --- Riposted: 156 (6.9%) --- Absorbed: 0 (0%)

=============================================================

Akirage: 100 Mage Earth pet, Max AA, EM18 from War-- base summon w/ rage weapons. No jewelry given.

Cycled constantly- Frenzied Burnout, Host in a Shell, AA Aegis, Spell Aegis, Groundswell Stance, Companion Blessing, Fortify Companion

Casting Summary:

Roon on 8/3/2014

Akilon - 80
    --- Aegis of Kildrukaun - 31
    --- Auspice of Shadows Rk. II - 20
    --- Companion's Blessing - 2
    --- Forceful Rejuvenation - 1
    --- Fortify Companion - 5
    --- Frenzied Burnout - 3
    --- Groundswell Stance Rk. II - 10
    --- Host in the Shell - 6
    --- Replenish Companion - 1
    --- Second Wind Ward - 1

Tanking Summary:

/GU Tanking summary for: Akirage --- Total damage: 12932725 --- Avg hit: 8925 --- Swings: 2675 --- Defended: 978 (36.6%) --- Hit: 1449 (54.2%) --- Missed: 248 (9.3%) --- Accuracy: 85.4% --- Dodged: 57 (2.4%) --- Parried: 72 (2.9%) --- Blocked: 181 (6.8%) --- Riposted: 83 (3.4%) --- Absorbed: 585 (21.9%)
    Xeladom, onyuyan, Makavien and 4 others like this.
  7. Denial_Sinfae Augur

Wondered if I could still molo him with Earth pet. Caught him again. Results:

/GU Roon in 143s, 7183k @50229sdps --- Akilon + pets 5930k @41469sdps --- Akirage 1253k @8760sdps

/GU Tanking summary for: Akirage --- Total damage: 1324188 --- Avg hit: 8380 --- Swings: 278 --- Defended: 91 (32.7%) --- Hit: 158 (56.8%) --- Missed: 29 (10.4%) --- Accuracy: 84.5% --- Dodged: 7 (2.8%) --- Parried: 9 (3.4%) --- Blocked: 14 (5%) --- Riposted: 9 (3.5%) --- Absorbed: 52 (18.7%)

Was never really in a position to die. I cast a heal once. Didn't have any clickies summoned for added dps.

I will test copy my necro and beast tomorrow and do some more parsing.
    Xeladom and Makavien like this.
  8. Dragonsyph Journeyman

How exactly do you read this information? Total damage? Is that the total dmg your pet took? How do you tell which read out is better in a comparison?

/GU Tanking summary for: Sonok --- Total damage: 8209490 --- Avg hit: 5716 --- Swings: 2684 --- Defended: 798 (29.7%) --- Hit: 1436 (53.5%) --- Missed: 450 (16.8%) --- Accuracy: 76.1% --- Dodged: 221 (10.5%) --- Parried: 307 (11.9%) --- Blocked: 114 (4.2%) --- Riposted: 156 (6.9%) --- Absorbed: 0 (0%)
    VS
    GU Tanking summary for: Akirage --- Total damage: 12932725 --- Avg hit: 8925 --- Swings: 2675 --- Defended: 978 (36.6%) --- Hit: 1449 (54.2%) --- Missed: 248 (9.3%) --- Accuracy: 85.4% --- Dodged: 57 (2.4%) --- Parried: 72 (2.9%) --- Blocked: 181 (6.8%) --- Riposted: 83 (3.4%) --- Absorbed: 585 (21.9%)
  9. Danille Augur

If this is the pet parse, why do you have Unity, Bastion, War Aura, War group AC spam, War Imp Command on it?

You are trying to nerf the solo game for non raiding mages and you have other player's group utility on it?
    Mintalie and beryon like this.
  10. beryon Augur

Yes, that's the total damage taken. You can see that the average hit is higher on the pet (2nd summary) and that the pet gets hit more, but you can't gauge dps without knowing the length of the fight, and you need different information for the DI spread.
  11. Edrick Augur

It's data. It's data. It's DATA. You are interpreting it the way you want to. I do not know how on earth you came to the conclusion you did regarding the solo game, but just stop. You're pulling things out of thin air. Accusing people of having an agenda when all they are doing is showing numbers, and how they got them, is intellectually dishonest.
    Denial_Sinfae likes this.
  12. Makavien Augur

He's doing a side by side comparison the reduction in power already happened.

And from that the total swings is pretty close.

I would say they need to reduce the reduction in power that they did by 50% the average hit flipped in the complete opposite direction .

Before the nerf the pet was 4 k lower then a raid geared warrior cycling discs now the pet is 4 kish higher then the warrior.
  13. ~Mills~ Augur

Once pets DI curves are changed to what is deemed acceptable how long before pets get:

Six of One, Half Dozen of Another
    Target: Self
    Resist: Beneficial, Blockable: Yes
    Casting: 0s
    Duration: 3m (30 ticks), Extendable: No, Dispelable: No
    Max Hits: 600 Incoming Hits Or Spells
    6: Absorb Melee Damage: 100%, Max Per Hit: 3416, Total: 1708000
    8: Absorb Spell Damage: 100%, Max Per Hit: 3416, Total: 1708000

Fortify Companion
    Target: Pet
    Duration: 18s (3 ticks), Extendable: Yes, Dispelable: No
    Hate: 1
    1: Increase Chance to Avoid Melee by 10000%

Pet Stance Discipline
    Casting: 0s, Recast: 10.5m, Timer: 1
    Duration: 3m (30 ticks), Extendable: Yes, Dispelable: No
    Hate: 1
    1: Increase Melee Mitigation by 45%
    2: Add Proc: Pet Stance Effect with 100% Rate Mod
    Pet Stance Effect
    Target: Self
    Duration: 30s (5 ticks), Extendable: Yes, Dispelable: No
    Hate: 803
    6: Absorb Damage: 100% Total: 7232

Pet Guardian Rk. III
    Casting: 0s, Recast: 1.5s, Timer: 10
    Duration: 36s (6 ticks), Extendable: Yes, Dispelable: Yes
    6: Increase AC by 538
  14. Makavien Augur

Well looking at the data you can see the fight was about the same length.

The tank avoided more but the pet mitigated more and absorbed more.

And the biggy the average hit on the pet is 4 k higher then the warrior.
  15. beryon Augur

He may not have an agenda, but it makes no sense to post a parse including warrior group buffs when attempting to show what a mage pet can do.
  16. badpoet New Member

Well, given his comments throughout this thread, he clearly has an agenda. That doesn't make the data incorrect, it does make it suspect.

Only in the minds of A) really bad players or B) idiots did anyone think pets at any point have had a leg up on a PC tank. Pets don't have nearly the tools in the toolbox that any tank class had or has. And, for Paladins to be whining that they were being replaced by pets is laughable. We can self-heal through pretty much anything, all while keeping better aggro than pets and having numerous oh s$(* buttons.

On test, necro tank pets are neigh useless against anything other than one white or blue mob at a time, even with a raid focus.
  17. Barbwarrior Augur

Aye ok I've seen all our wars die with full disc from spikes then a mag pet comes in and tanks it easy with no spikes makes sense
  18. bitefiends Elder

The mage pet that came in may have had all its blockers on, Aegis, Iceflame and so on and if an earth pet it would have casted root which if it lands, it procs a defensive buff on the pet that lasts for approximately 18 seconds.
  19. Barbwarrior Augur

So that makes it ok) And root don't land on raid mob, and this isn't a one off mag pets just took min dmg all the time
  20. bitefiends Elder

I did not know you where talking about a raid mob.