Test patcher down?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by antistes, Dec 3, 2014.

1. Dognu Journeyman

Hope it's fixed when I get home from work tomorrow.
  2. Kynsaria New Member

Thanks Lisandra, that works. I was hunting down how to specifically do this again. It's been many years, and many computers ago, from the last time I had to bypass the launcher. ;)
    Lisandra likes this.
  3. Horrone Journeyman

lisa where exactly is the eqgame exe located in the folder
    Lisandra likes this.
  4. Horrone Journeyman

only ones i found was the crash ones that are eqgame.exe
  5. Horrone Journeyman

LOL for some reason i cannot find that file which is really messed up i know its there but i cant find it i would hate to do this but i think i might have to reinstall the game cuse i know its there but cant seem to find it in the eq folder which i find really weird just dont understand cuse the game cant run without it cuse im on live and cannot get on test
  6. Lisandra Augur

Under C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\EverQuest unless you changed the install directory yourself when installing.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  7. Horrone Journeyman

i run windows xp but still it should be in the folder i know its there
  8. Lisandra Augur

Time to upgrade to Windows 7 =)
  9. Horrone Journeyman

yea i know i got a computer atm im still trin to work on and it will have 8.1 when i get done with it but it needs a 1000MB hardrive which i find out weird cuse it requires it never saw anything like it since ive built alot of pcs course the way im gonna do it is take out the board and put another one in it so that way it is bypassed cuse it wont let me install windows without a 1TB hardrive its a weird pc man lol
  10. Lisandra Augur

You only need 20 or so GB of hard drive space for Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1 but 8 in all forms pretty much sucks.
  11. Elskidor Augur

I'm sure glad SOE has someone like Lisandra working for them. It would really suck for the players to have to figure out what to do by themselves. ;)
    Lisandra likes this.
  12. Horrone Journeyman

lisa it worked thanks again man for assisting :)
    Lisandra likes this.
  13. Lisandra Augur

Well until they can roll out an actual fix this will work. I just hope they don't consider it an exploit or some such nonsense along those lines.
  14. Elskidor Augur

Still didn't quite work. I set it up for my daughter's computer and, like magic, ta daa! Tried the same thing on my own computer, but only get the error timeout message. Same operating system and everything, but the only difference is the only server she plays is on test, while the last server I played on was on live. I'm not sure what that has to do with anything or if it matters, but it's a wee odd. I did not use the quick connect option though.
    Lisandra likes this.
  15. jeskola pheerie

would be nice to get a "we're working on this" from the devs or something, or maybe free TDS for Test so we can actually test TDS :)
    Lisandra likes this.
  16. Shorasak New Member

Thank Lisa for this fix, see you in game
    Lisandra likes this.
  17. Lisandra Augur

Try to patch first & then use the patch me trick. When you went to Live it patched certain files for Live & t hey need to be repatched for Test.
  18. TSR-SeanF Augur

Hi guys, thank you for your patience with this matter. If you can, please go ahead and try running the launcher for the test version once again. Please let me know if you get the same error again.
    Elskidor likes this.
  19. Elskidor Augur

Tried it all. It works for her just not mine. I'm thinking it may have something to do with reinstalling yesterday, but I'm unsure. That's alright, they'll fix it eventually and I do have characters on many other servers. Test is just my favorite.
  20. Elskidor Augur

Lol, nevermind. Looks like they fixed it.

Works for me.
    Lisandra likes this.