Test patcher down?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by antistes, Dec 3, 2014.

1. antistes New Member

Same thing for me.

Creating buriedsea.eqg

*Warning: Retrying buriedsea.eqg

Error Message: "The downloaded file does not match what was expected. An update may be in progress. Please try again in 20-30 minutes."
  2. antistes New Member

Tried validating....nada
  3. Stankle New Member

Yup, seems the one file "buriedsea.eqg" is corrupt on the test server's repository or something
  4. Stankle New Member

You all are trying to d/l a 37,232KB buriedsea.eqg too right?
  5. Draco Journeyman

that is the problem we all seem to be having.
    Warning: Patch application failed for buriedsea.eqg due to Bad Algorithm ID: 20379. Starting over.
  6. Stankle New Member

Called Support, aware, no ETA, play on live. No chars on live after 2001. Dang.
  7. Lisandra Augur

I hope they get this fixed for all of you. Have any of you tried the -patchme fix or using WinEQ 2 or [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] to bypass the patcher?
  8. Stankle New Member

You mean add -patchme to my EQ desktop icon? never heard of WinEQ 2 or [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software].
    Lisandra likes this.
  9. Stankle New Member

People can play on live, thats why I'm kinda sure its a problem with the test server's repository and that one file.
  10. Stankle New Member

I don't use a seperate install/launcher for test, as I only play on test, btw so I don't know if any launcher icon commands will help.
  11. Stankle New Member

Can patch to live with the same install and play. The buriedsea.eqg file is messed up on the test server file repository.
  12. Aalania New Member

I got the "Warning: Retrying fireelfweapons.eqg
  13. Smellyogres New Member

Yep same problem here, 11:40 PM Buried sea file problem can patch live and play but not test
  14. Horrone Journeyman

if they dont then they are gonna loose alot of people i dont understand what happened to tell u the truth i wish i knew but they need to get it in gear and see what happened to cause all this mes
  15. Horrone Journeyman

i 100% agree unlike back in the day u had GMs that would assist you on the bugs and glitches on the game and if needed they would shut down all the servers to figure out what is going on basically when an expansion hits beta usually there is alot of bugs and glitches they get them resolved then its spose to go to test more bugs and glitches reported and sent off to the GMs then its spose to go to live the way i think its been like that since the beginning of eq but now of the all of a sudden changes that when TDS came out we cant do it on test cuse u have to pay for it now why change the rules to something when its been around for over 15 years kinda like putting a motor block in the car with just the block nothing to make it run come on now really lol its sad
  16. Elskidor Augur

My favorite server was down. I cried twice and made my wife hold me until I was better. Do you know how embarrassing that is? You bastards don't know what you're doing to me!! Just joking...just fix it tomorrow, please. I'll give you a cookie laced the way ya likes it. ;)

P.S. If that's considered bribery, don't worry, I'm full of crap. No drugs for you!!
    Lisandra and Horrone like this.
  17. Kynsaria New Member

Getting this also/still:
    Creating buriedsea.eqg

*Warning: Retrying buriedsea.eqg

Error Message: "The downloaded file does not match what was expected. An update may be in progress. Please try again in 20-30 minutes."

Accounts I had logged in from 5:30 am, yesterday, still online, no problems. Now I wish I hadn't logged any out.
  18. Horrone Journeyman

day 2 so far the same thing :(
  19. Lisandra Augur

Use this method to get in until they fix the issue.

Using the Patchme command to bypass the SOE Launcher

1. Use the SOE Launcher to make sure your EverQuest is fully Patched.

2. Shut down EQ and the SOE Launcher.

3. Find your eqgame.exe in your EverQuest folder on your hard drive.

[IMG]

4. Create a shortcut of your eqgame.exe from your EverQuest folder.
    Right click on your eqgame.exe and Select Send To > Desktop (create shortcut)

[IMG]

5. Right click the shortcut and select properties

[IMG]

6. Click on the Shortcut tab.
    In the Target window after the eqgame.exe" hit the spacebar then type patchme

[IMG]

7. Click the Apply button then OK the button

Example of how to login into a specific account IE bob with the /login:Name command - Change bob to your account name.
    Code:
    "C:\Program Files\Everquest\eqgame.exe" patchme /login:bob
    Elskidor and Kynsaria like this.
  20. Kildare New Member

Lisandra - Thanks for the suggestion! ... Is there anything then I would need to do to select "test" as an option? In my directory there is no TestEverquest.exe like there used to be.
    Lisandra likes this.